Get Jack On Gardening Leave Now.

Absolute pantomime at the moment. Our preparations for new season are getting severely compromised. 

Him down at Ipswich, next week it will be another club down south, then another. 

He will not be our manager come our first match, that I have no doubt. 

Jack needs sidelined now and till he is gone. 

Get our new Boss in now so we can start preparing properly for the Premiership. 

Ross could alternatively come out now and say he is staying for next season and promise he won't be making any more trips to talk with any other Club. 

St Mirren are praying we start buying Season Tickets next week. 

Any good reason ? 

What a pathetic little rant that was. Imagine how monumentally stupid you'd have to be to actually want to get rid of the best manager we've had in years because he's done such a good job that bigger clubs want to talk to him (and pay us compensation into the bargain).

We should just get Alex Rae or Tommy Craig back. They might have been shite but at least nobody else wanted them.

32 minutes ago, Isle Of Cumbrae Bud said:

Absolute pantomime at the moment. Our preparations for new season are getting severely compromised. 

Him down at Ipswich, next week it will be another club down south, then another. 

Ross could alternatively come out now and say he is staying for next season and promise he won't be making any more trips to talk with any other Club. 

Any good reason ? 

:lol:

Bit too extreme to either put him on a pre-punt holiday (or gardening leave for the officious) or get him shoved out the door.  Obviously we all want some stability, but the club have the option of rejecting interested suitors- but have decided not to stand in his way if he sees something else he fancies elsewhere.  He is our best manager for ages, i'm sure the club are doing what they can to retain him and I'm fairly confident he will be here for next season, so not quite time to be suggesting we give him the heave!

1 hour ago, Isle Of Cumbrae Bud said:

Any good reason ? 

Get oot the sun and aff the sauce!

2 hours ago, Isle Of Cumbrae Bud said:

Any good reason ? 

I will be buying my season tickets next week as it is St Mirren I support not whoever the manager is at the time

1 minute ago, fmckinn said:

I will be buying my season tickets next week as it is St Mirren I support not whoever the manager is at the time

I’ll be getting mine even if we get Rae back with Tommy craig as his assistant (if Jack goes).

5 minutes ago, fmckinn said:

Exactly. If I was living locally I'd have a season ticket Jack or no Jack, even if we suffered 4 straight relegations to the Lowland League I'd still buy one the next season. It's the club we support through thick and thin.

12 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Guid post, thought provoking and pragmatic.

if Jack goes does he insist on taking Fowler, does Fowler ( and his family) want to flit to England. Jack's probably would to support his career and reap the pot of gold. Or, does Fowler stay and become our new manager. That's the likely scenario, so the work being done has some stability with Fowler being involved in the recruiting and future planning. That's how it is panning out most likely. Fowler might be even better than Jack so let's keep being positive and we could all kick a goal.... some things are meant to be.

Fowler has stated before he has no desire to do management again. He prefers the coaching side of things.

1 hour ago, fmckinn said:

Totally agree with the above sentiment! However, the current uncertainty over the manager's future may be having some effect on the preparations for next season. For example, is that what's delaying Gavin Reilly's decision to sign a new contract?

If the situation with Ipswich Town is resolved this week, then that might be OK because Jack, or any replacement appointed at St. Mirren, will still have time to find the players required for next season. However, if Jack doesn't get the Ipswich job, what happens then? Do we go through the rest of the summer wondering which club will come calling for him next? And how does he go about persuading players to come to St. Mirren, if it looks as though he might be gone before a ball is kicked?

I'm only too well aware that JR is the best thing to happen to St. Mirren in a long time, but if he doesn't get the Ipswich job, and is still intent on finding a bigger club, should he not show his faith in his ability by resigning and letting Buddies appoint a new man to get on with the job that needs to be done at Greenhill Road in the next few weeks?  Would that not be fair to the club?

Just asking. Other views on how we can move the situation forward are welcome.