Get Jack On Gardening Leave Now.

3 minutes ago, pondsman said:

I'm only too well aware that JR is the best thing to happen to St. Mirren in a long time, but if he doesn't get the Ipswich job, and is still intent on finding a bigger club, should he not show his faith in his ability by resigning and letting Buddies appoint a new man to get on with the job that needs to be done at Greenhill Road in the next few weeks?  Would that not be fair to the club?

Just asking. Other views on how we can move the situation forward are welcome.

If Jack resigned, that wouldn't look good to potential future employers. If Ipswich seen him resign because he was capable of better things than us, then they would imagine he'd just do the same there as soon as there was EPL interest. That would put everyone off him and he'd ruin his own career. I'm sure most of us have put in job applications while already employed, but the majority won't have quit before gaining a new job, or stopped focusing on the job at hand while waiting to find out if they were successful.

I have faith that Jack is still going to be working hard for us until the day he does move on. He will want to leave us in the best place possible going forward. He'll have discussed targets with Fitzy, I'm sure we've made enquiries. A couple may be waiting on the play off final between Livi and Partick. As long as he's focusing on his current job there's no reason to believe he needs to step aside. And let's be honest, none of his targets for us would probably be good enough for Ipswich so we don't need to worry about that crossover either.

3 hours ago, Isle Of Cumbrae Bud said:

Absolute pantomime at the moment. Our preparations for new season are getting severely compromised.  Your opinion. Other members of our management team may disagree.

Him down at Ipswich, next week it will be another club down south, then another.  Let's get him a Railcard. He deserves the break.

He will not be our manager come our first match, that I have no doubt. The man has moved to Millport.  http://www.bbc.co.uk/scotland/history/brahan_seer.shtml

Jack needs sidelined now and till he is gone.  Surely sidelining him now is him gone?

Get our new Boss in now so we can start preparing properly for the Premiership.  Can you name the "new Boss" we have ready to start "now"?

Ross could alternatively come out now and say he is staying for next season and promise he won't be making any more trips to talk with any other Club. The experience will be doing him no harm. It may even convince him he is right to stay at St. Mirren for now. If not we all move on. 

St Mirren are praying we start buying Season Tickets next week.  Don't speak for me. I'll be buying next week. I had a season ticket before Jack arrived, and I'll have one until I get a minutes applause when my face is on the scoreboard. (Even if I have to book the advert myself)  

Any good reason ? For what?

3 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

If Jack resigned, that wouldn't look good to potential future employers. If Ipswich seen him resign because he was capable of better things than us, then they would imagine he'd just do the same there as soon as there was EPL interest. That would put everyone off him and he'd ruin his own career. I'm sure most of us have put in job applications while already employed, but the majority won't have quit before gaining a new job, or stopped focusing on the job at hand while waiting to find out if they were successful.

I have faith that Jack is still going to be working hard for us until the day he does move on. He will want to leave us in the best place possible going forward. He'll have discussed targets with Fitzy, I'm sure we've made enquiries. A couple may be waiting on the play off final between Livi and Partick. As long as he's focusing on his current job there's no reason to believe he needs to step aside. And let's be honest, none of his targets for us would probably be good enough for Ipswich so we don't need to worry about that crossover either.

in any event.... his resignation would be bad for us all round.  We would not receive compensation and would need to sue Jack for breach of  contract.  All very messy

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Players contracts are not up until the end of May. Take a chill pill and sit in the sun and relax.  

Says the big island to the wee island. 

But it is indeed a great day to relax in the sun especially if you have a view of the Clyde.

4 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Geez us

The Paranoia on here is comical.................

Boots have 2 for 1 for Nappies mate just now......................

Maybe supporting St Mirren is a little to exciting for you- try Morton- Nothing ever happens there bar rising damp

To be fair the paranoia seems to be coming from a loud few.  Most of us are not behaving in such a foolish manner.

Whilst I am of course interested in this story I have chosen to put it to the back of my mind and enjoy the nice weather.  In truth as I type I am scratching my right....now my left baw....and I will shortly shuffle to the back door where I will sit in this oh so welcome sunshine whilst enjoying a nice cool glass of diluting juice.  Not sure the flavour, it's a pinky/red colour and very refreshing.  Probably from Aldi or Lidl.

Later I will venture to my local social club and I may treat myself to a cool pint of tennents or five.  During all that I will converse with other human beings about a number of topics and football will be one of them, along with how nothing is as good as it used to be as well as how much better many things are than they used to be.  I shall browse this forum as I now habitually do several times per day but I cannot say I will be doing so with any tension or panic. 

Baws scratched and time to relax, baws scratched and relaxation time indeed.

8 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Re-sign

Not resign

Jack Ross got us back to the top league and the club have already said they won’t stand in his way if he wants to talk to bigger clubs. I know this thread is a wind up but the situation isn’t one we weren’t expecting. I’ll just wait and see what happens and I’ll buy my season ticket same as every other year regardless of who the manager is.

I've became convinced that our world of 24 hour updates/news is resulting in a false perception of reality and how things work....

If you get offered a job interview, in Ipswich, you'll probably be down there for a day or 2, then they'll take time to decide if they want to take you on...

In the meantime, you'd be carrying out your normal job on the assumption you're not getting it, but preparing things just in case you do get the call. 

Jack will have the club in order for the next guy coming in - or be in a position to sign the players he wants once contracts expire at the end of the month.

Relax.

2 minutes ago, Doakes said:

I've became convinced that our world of 24 hour updates/news is resulting in a false perception of reality and how things work....

If you get offered a job interview, in Ipswich, you'll probably be down there for a day or 2, then they'll take time to decide if they want to take you on...

In the meantime, you'd be carrying out your normal job on the assumption you're not getting it, but preparing things just in case you do get the call. 

Jack will have the club in order for the next guy coming in - or be in a position to sign the players he wants once contracts expire at the end of the month.

Relax.

If only life was that simple.

In normal circumstances you would have expected JR to have announced  5 signings by now going by previous experience!

19 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Relax.

Stop that right now.

Such common sense limits the ability of some fellow forum user's to wallow in what must to them a very enjoyable meltdown

Stop it, stop indeed

6 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

If only life was that simple.

In normal circumstances you would have expected JR to have announced  5 signings by now going by previous experience!

To be fair we'll be looking mostly at out of contract players and no contracts are actually up yet! Most players are in Dubai, Ibiza etc..

34 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Relax.

Spot on Doakes 

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Spot on Doakes 

This is not a one off, this is the third time this year out Manager has put himself forward for another job!Would that situation continue in your office? , he has had his contract improved twice but he is still going for other jobs! When do we call a halt , 4,5, 6interviews? 

Just as we reach a critical point in our season can we say he is 100%committed to us ?

I understand wanting to improve yourself and the finacial rewards but put up or shut up , make your mind up now not halfway through the season when get another job comes up.

2 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

This is not a one off, this is the third time this year out Manager has put himself forward for another job!Would that situation continue in your office? , he has had his contract improved twice but he is still going for other jobs! When do we call a halt , 4,5, 6interviews? 

Just as we reach a critical point in our season can we say he is 100%committed to us ?

I understand wanting to improve yourself and the finacial rewards but put up or shut up , make your mind up now not halfway through the season when get another job comes up.

He's learning how to say no.

He is learning how lucky he is with this BOD and these fans.

When he leaves and perhaps discovers, 9 months later, that he shouldn't have left, that is when he will know that leaving was not his best move.

Life isa learning curve.

29 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

This is not a one off, this is the third time this year out Manager has put himself forward for another job!Would that situation continue in your office? , he has had his contract improved twice but he is still going for other jobs! When do we call a halt 

Now.  He played his part and seen the season out. For which we will be grateful.  Good luck Jack.