Moyes and Allardyce Leave

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

PS Ricky

WGAF stands for "Woman Generates a Fart"   

DJ. 

Thank you kind sir. 

Some people on here seem to have very limited ways of expressing themselves With FFS and WGAF

I wonder sometimes if they have an interest in football or just enjoy posting the  same comments all of the time. 

Back on Topic

Don't think Jack will be in the frame for either of these jobs.... But perhaps in the fallout.. Who k ows.. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Guest TPAFKATS
New job vacancies at West Ham and Everton
Thanks.
Seems a valid post in other football, not sure it needs to be a thread to.
Some folk getting awfy upset about it though.

46 minutes ago, guinness said:

Seems harsh particularly on allerdyce. Hope they both struggle next season. Play lovely attacking football but get relegated.

He got a 6 million quid pay off so probably not too harsh on him. 

He'll pick up another EPL job around Halloween after the first wave of managerial sackings. Keep them up. Get sacked. Get paid off. Repeat.

Guest TPAFKATS
I hope Everton get relegated next season. Fighting relegation to an 8th place finish where 6 of those above you are the biggest clubs in the league. What a shower of ungrateful bastards.
It won't that much of a leap points wise and apart from the initial bounce they've been rank under Sam

58 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
15 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
I hope Everton get relegated next season. Fighting relegation to an 8th place finish where 6 of those above you are the biggest clubs in the league. What a shower of ungrateful bastards.

It won't that much of a leap points wise and apart from the initial bounce they've been rank under Sam

Still, 8th place is a good finish. Soton finished 8th last season then opted to boot their manager. One year later and they narrowly avoided relegation. In a league where the top 6 sides are extremely rich an 8th place finish is top notch. It's like Hibs or Hearts sacking their managers for finishing 4th.

10 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Still, 8th place is a good finish. Soton finished 8th last season then opted to boot their manager. One year later and they narrowly avoided relegation. In a league where the top 6 sides are extremely rich an 8th place finish is top notch. It's like Hibs or Hearts sacking their managers for finishing 4th.

Football is full of ungrateful owners and fans who have unreasonable expectations of managers. 

Still..... The managers mentioned know the game in all senses and build in compensation at levels some people wont earn in a lifetime. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Yeah, Everton invested relatively heavily following the sale of lukaku and a new owner taking over though, so 8th was the least they were expecting.
Despite not replacing lukaku with another 20 a season (although not against the top clubs) striker [emoji6]

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

Yeah, Everton invested relatively heavily following the sale of lukaku and a new owner taking over though, so 8th was the least they were expecting.
Despite not replacing lukaku with another 20 a season (although not against the top clubs) striker emoji6.png

I do agree with you. That being said, that team looked nothing like a top half side and it was Sam who achieved that after their dreadful start. The heavy investment was spunked by Koeman so it wasn't really Sam's team either, not until January at least. Lukaku was always going to be incredibly difficult to replace. Only Vardy was high up from a non "Big Six" side in 4th place with 20 goals. His Leicester team mate Mahrez was next on 12 goals (joint 10th) alongside Brighton's Murray.

Guest TPAFKATS
I do agree with you. That being said, that team looked nothing like a top half side and it was Sam who achieved that after their dreadful start. The heavy investment was spunked by Koeman so it wasn't really Sam's team either, not until January at least. Lukaku was always going to be incredibly difficult to replace. Only Vardy was high up from a non "Big Six" side in 4th place with 20 goals. His Leicester team mate Mahrez was next on 12 goals (joint 10th) alongside Brighton's Murray.
He definitely improved an under performing team in the short term at least.
I did read something from an Everton fan recently though indicating that although they were in the relegation zone, they weren't actually that many points away from 10th.

6 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

He definitely improved an under performing team in the short term at least.
I did read something from an Everton fan recently though indicating that although they were in the relegation zone, they weren't actually that many points away from 10th.

I think it was tight at the time, but the manner in which they were losing games was highly worrying, similar to Stoke. IIRC they had been battered a couple of times.