Will James Fowler go or Stay As Manager in the Premiership

An interesting angle on this for me is what James Fowler might choose to do if given the choice between going to Ipswich as number 2 to Jack Ross (if he goes)  or Staying and becoming Manager of Saints in the Premiership.  Either could be a good career move for James.  Jack might of course look for a different assistant at Ipswich (Lee Mair?).   James could also stay as number2 to a new Manager at Saints. 

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Fowler has already made it clear, and has been mentioned several times recently on this site, that he has no interest in managing again.

Three parts to what I posted Sonny. 

Both yourself and Magic Monkey are right that James Fowler has been quoted about the hypothetical position. 

This would no longer be hypothetical. 

Would he be asked by Jack Ross to accompany him to Ipswich?  Would he go if asked? 

Might Jack Ross look to take Lee Mair? 

If Jack didn't ask him.... Does that mean he would stay as Assistant to a New Incoming Manager 

Edited by St.Ricky

An interesting angle on this for me is what James Fowler might choose to do if given the choice between going to Ipswich as number 2 to Jack Ross (if he goes)  or Staying and becoming Manager of Saints in the Premiership.  Either could be a good career move for James.  Jack might of course look for a different assistant at Ipswich (Lee Mair?).   James could also stay as number2 to a new Manager at Saints. 
Why Lee Mair?

Just now, Hambud said:
16 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Why Lee Mair?

Jack and Lee Mair are close. 

I believe that Jack wanted to bring him to Saints when he was at Dunfermline (not as a player) 

1 minute ago, Hambud said:
18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Why Lee Mair?

I was wondering that myself , have seen his name mentioned a couple of times recently.

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:

why on earth would JR ditch his assistant for Mair ????

I asked.... what if..  Jack asks James Togo? 

What happens if he doesn't? 

What choices would that leave both the club and James to consider? 

Stay as Assistant? 

Be released if an incoming manager brought his own assistant? 

Be appointed Manager? 

Just now, aldo_j said:

It’s an interesting angle. If it existed. It doesn’t. It’s no even a cute angle....

Only job Mair will have at Ipswich is the Herbalife distributor.

Did you see the recent interview with Lee Mair? 

Almost unheard of for a manager moving to a bigger club with loads more money to ask his assistant to go with him and the assistant to then refuse . Only possible scenario would be if Fowler was offered and accepted our job but as others before have rightly said he has publicly said he has no interest. All this speculation is nonsense lets just wait and see what happens, constant gum bumping is no help at all. What next, new tea lady ????

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

19 minutes ago, Hambud said:
39 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

That was John Potter. Ffs.

It's my age... 

But..Potter or Mair or etc. 

What if Fowler doesn't want to go or isn't asked by Jack.?

Do the club keep him... If so.. In what capacity?

If he goes then we are due compensation. 

If he stayed but ...not as Manager... Would an incoming manager want to keep him? 

If not then we would need to pay him compensation if we "released " him?

Must have crossed the board's minds. 

Edited by St.Ricky

59 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Out of curiosity, does Ross have his ‘own’ GK coach and physio?! As we’ve lost both of ours now so could do with those as well as Fowler!

Just now, ITFCBlue said:

Out of curiosity, does Ross have his ‘own’ GK coach and physio?! As we’ve lost both of ours now so could do with those as well as Fowler!

And your Fitness Coach is leaving at the end of May. 

A club in a state of flux. 

GK coach..... Yes. 

Physio... Pass

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

If Ross goes, can we convince an Ipswich forum to take St Rocky?

Hey Stu

Apart from that.... James Fowler.. Thoughts? 

The board must have given thought to these eventualities or they wouldn't be doing their job. 

Edited by St.Ricky

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

No idea. But twice he spoke to other clubs and twice we upped his wages and increased the comp. A couple of hundred grand at the most I should think.

But if James goes also then we get compensation for him too.