The Roadworks Thread

HSS

Know of any roadworks or traffic jams?

Road Closure......

Rowan Street at the junction of Neilston Rd......May 21st until October.:wacko:

The junction at Barterholm Rd/Espedair St that has been closed,for what feels like forever, will reopen.

It will probably be chaos for the 1st couple of days while drivers suss out a new route.

Another week scheduled of the current Glasgow Road roadworks, although not sure if the same side will be closed or moving across to other side. Had a bemused Glasgow cabbie pull up beside me last night on Auchmannoch Road looking for a way to escape since Penilee Rd, Buchlyvie Rd and Dalfoil Court all closed to Glasgow Road, I think he'd been around a few streets looking for ways out :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
Know of any roadworks or traffic jams?

Road Closure......
Rowan Street at the junction of Neilston Rd......May 21st until October.:wacko:
The junction at Barterholm Rd/Espedair St that has been closed,for what feels like forever, will reopen.
It will probably be chaos for the 1st couple of days while drivers suss out a new route.
Daniels Hot Wok set to close by July then?

• 1 month later...
Sign at  Cockels Loan in Renfrew saying road closure from the 1st July for 8 weeks I think it was. It is the stretch between Paisley Rd and Sandy Rd. Also work round the corner on Renfrew Rd just before the Glynhill hotel for 61 days :blink:     http://www.roadworksscotland.org/

7 weeks for Cockels Loan, mate, starting same time as Paisley Road, gonna be a real pain in the arse, those two combined.

7 weeks for Cockels Loan, mate, starting same time as Paisley Road, gonna be a real pain in the arse, those two combined.
It will be. Brutal getting past the Arkleston roundabout to paisley on a good day without this happening [emoji222]

On Tuesday, June 26, 2018 at 10:36 PM, HSS said:

Seedhill Rď closing at Hawkhead Rd on July 2nd.

Seedhill Rd closed for 14 days.

Springbank  Rd closing July 2nd for 7 days.

Caledonia St is closed,just now, 1 way......heading to St James St.Albion St and Love St very busy.

I did a wee sneaky tonight at rush hour and cut back along Blythswood Dr and on to the closed section of the road.Missed all the traffic but couldn't have done it if the workies were still there.:lol:

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, HSS said:

George St down to 1 lane with temp traffic lights.

Starting on Canal St on Mon.:unsure:

Aye George street works added 4 minutes to my journey to work today-no happy, and since they are starting on Canal street i'll be cutting across from Morrisons (Neilston Road) and going down past the RAH to get to St James interchange until they finish. All because DWP are emptying the building at Lonend and i've been shipped out to Greenock, i must have upset someone.

2 hours ago, HSS said:

George St down to 1 lane with temp traffic lights.

Starting on Canal St on Mon.:unsure:

Even when I went to the primary at the West roadworks didnae bother me.

I just played in the puddles.

I remember losing my left wellie boot in a particularly deep puddle.

I still the remember the look on my mother’s face when I came in with a bare foot holding a muddy wellie and a soggy sock.

The fifties were great.

And despite everything in photos from that time being in black and white, I distinctly remember seeing colour.

25 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Bad crash at Arnold Clark on Renfrew rd. All the emergency services are there so best to avoid if possible.

Is that opposed to a good crash mate?

Anyway it's all cleared up now.

Also.........The work on George St is complete.

Edited by HSS

Not the roads, but train broken down between Paisley and Cardonald.

All services from Glasgow to Paisley badly affected. apparently broken down train has been removed, but major disruption until 6.00/

For some reason they've cancelled all the services on Canal St. line too.

Wife now on train from Cardonald to PGS, after an hour and a half of waiting on and off train at Cardonald.

Edited by FTOF

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TPAFKATS
Barrhead Rd,heading into Town,closed from Mon for a week.Don't know if it'll be diversions or contraflow.
[emoji20]
Assume it'll be a contraflow as its currently the diversion for Rowan St?