The Roadworks Thread

HSS

On Friday, July 27, 2018 at 6:48 PM, TPAFKATS said:
On Friday, July 27, 2018 at 10:19 AM, HSS said:
Barrhead Rd,heading into Town,closed from Mon for a week.Don't know if it'll be diversions or contraflow.
emoji20.png

Assume it'll be a contraflow as its currently the diversion for Rowan St?

Closed between Ardgowan St and Morrisons but only heading into Town.Its a diversion thru Thrushcraigs and its causing havoc at Neilston Rd. :(

Guest TPAFKATS
Closed between Ardgowan St and Morrisons but only heading into Town.Its a diversion thru Thrushcraigs and its causing havoc at Neilston Rd. [emoji20]
Ffs!

• 3 weeks later...
19 hours ago, HSS said:

I just passed there and the traffic was back to McDs.

3rd Sept....parts of Paisley Rd,Renfrew shut for 2 weeks.

Saw the sign at the fire station saying resurfacing.  Cockels  Loan re opened at junction with Paisley Rd.

Saw the sign at the fire station saying resurfacing.  Cockels  Loan re opened at junction with Paisley Rd.
The diversion is along Broadloan/Cockels Loan, Sandy Road, Cockels Loan/Broadloan. The Sandy Road/Broadloan junction's bad enough at the best of times, it's going to be a nightmare, and you've got to hope they'll adjust the phasing of the Cockels Loan/Paisley Road traffic lights.

7 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:
20 hours ago, renfrew said:

The diversion is along Broadloan/Cockels Loan, Sandy Road, Cockels Loan/Broadloan. The Sandy Road/Broadloan junction's bad enough at the best of times, it's going to be a nightmare, and you've got to hope they'll adjust the phasing of the Cockels Loan/Paisley Road traffic lights.

When you add in the buses and the school run it certainly will be a nightmare.  

Renfrew - I would suggest there is no chance of the phasing being adjusted. Common sense does not appear to exist. The last time, many weeks ago, I was at that junction heading towards Paisley, the lights were  operating as normal despite the fact there was no entry to Cockles Loan, except for access. Needless to say I had time to think about it since I was sitting with the light at red and no local traffic in sight. I am not local but I know there are many ways to gain access without even using that junction. O, the good old days when there was no traffic lights in Renfrew.

Renfrew - I would suggest there is no chance of the phasing being adjusted. Common sense does not appear to exist. The last time, many weeks ago, I was at that junction heading towards Paisley, the lights were  operating as normal despite the fact there was no entry to Cockles Loan, except for access. Needless to say I had time to think about it since I was sitting with the light at red and no local traffic in sight. I am not local but I know there are many ways to gain access without even using that junction. O, the good old days when there was no traffic lights in Renfrew.

The lights weren't operating as normal, the filter for traffic coming from Paisley to turn right into Cockels Lane was on, that's why traffic heading to Paisley was stopped. The lights on Cockels Loan were off altogether.

4 hours ago, salmonbuddie said:
10 hours ago, hamlet said:
 The lights on Cockels Loan were off altogether.

No they weren't.The lights at CL,coming on to Paisley Rd,were covered over with a big orange cover but they were still operating in sequence.

I know because I was bad and sneaked out there a few times.

No they weren't.The lights at CL,coming on to Paisley Rd,were covered over with a big orange cover but they were still operating in sequence.
They're activated by motion detectors...which were covered. The traffic from Paisley gets red lighted to switch off the filter then both directions go green. I know because I use them every day to and from work and I've seen traffic from Paisley stopped for a few seconds hunners of times.

50 minutes ago, salmonbuddie said:
3 hours ago, HSS said:

They're activated by motion detectors...which were covered. The traffic from Paisley gets red lighted to switch off the filter then both directions go green. I know because I use them every day to and from work and I've seen traffic from Paisley stopped for a few seconds hunners of times.

I'm not talking about the filter I'm talking about the lights on the CL side. .......which were still going thru the motions although they were covered over.

I'm not talking about the filter I'm talking about the lights on the CL side. .......which were still going thru the motions although they were covered over.
They were permanently on red, they only activate when the motion detector detects motion, hard to do when they're covered.

Took over a hour to get to Erskine  yesterday morning
I gather they must be working on the Bridge again
It's goes down to 1 lane just prior to the slip road to the bridge but the queue can go as far back to the St James roundabout as I found out last sat [emoji107] Don't think it is anything to do with the Erskine Bridge since the lane closure goes by the slip road.