Jack Ross v David Hopkin. Who has achieved more?

Firstly, let me say that I am a fan of Jack Ross and of  course Saints.  Also let me say that I am delighted that JR won both  the SPFL Manager and Championship Manager of the year awards.  But... And I know this will be controversial,  a case could be made for David Hopkin at Livingston if he gains the club promotion to the Premiership after having just had them promoted to the Championship.  No mean feat on the resources available to him. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Is there.

Jack done more than win the league.  He had the team, the supporters, the management  and the board all singing by the one hymn sheet.  The first time we could call St.Mirren Park a fortress. A season to remember. 

Edited by pod

36 minutes ago, pod said:

Is there.

Jack done more than win the league.  He had the team, the supporters, the management  and the board all singing by the one hymn sheet.  The first time we could call St.Mirren Park a fortress. A season to remember. 

Already said that I am a JR fan and accept all that you say here.  It rings true for me. 

16 hours ago, renfrew said:

Jack got his team promoted after 33 games. Hopkin will need 40 games so Jack is the winner  :D

Already said I am a JR fan. 

But to get promoted two years running with the resources at Livvy is outstanding.... Surely.

Edited by St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Already said I am a JR fan. 

But to get promoted two years running with the resources at Livvy is outstanding.... Sureky

Jack keeping us up last season was a bigger achievement than Hopkin winning the 1st division with a full time team in a part time league, Sureky :rolleyes:

Both have done well in their own right. For me it's Jack but Hopkin should have at least been in the nominations (my four would have been Ross, Clarke, Hopkin and Petrie).

Jack's turnaround has been incredible as we all already know, not just on the pitch but in the dressing room and among the fans too. To win a difficult league by 12pts is an excellent achievement.

Hopkin may have been expected to win League One, but no one had them finishing 2nd above bigger clubs like Dundee United, ICT and Falkirk. He's instilled an excellent mentality into his side and you could see the determination in them yesterday in their win over Partick. No one would have had Livi getting promoted this season but they are 90 minutes away from it now. He's done a fantastic job there. I don't think it's right that Neil Lennon or Brendan Rodgers were in the nominations ahead of him.

25 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Both have done well in their own right. For me it's Jack but Hopkin should have at least been in the nominations (my four would have been Ross, Clarke, Hopkin and Petrie).

Jack's turnaround has been incredible as we all already know, not just on the pitch but in the dressing room and among the fans too. To win a difficult league by 12pts is an excellent achievement.

Hopkin may have been expected to win League One, but no one had them finishing 2nd above bigger clubs like Dundee United, ICT and Falkirk. He's instilled an excellent mentality into his side and you could see the determination in them yesterday in their win over Partick. No one would have had Livi getting promoted this season but they are 90 minutes away from it now. He's done a fantastic job there. I don't think it's right that Neil Lennon or Brendan Rodgers were in the nominations ahead of him.

Well put Cornwall. The list of names though shows perhaps that Scottish Football is on the way up. 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Except you Zico. 

Except you Zico. 

And the cameraman and commentators....

If Hopkin were really in charge, he wouldn’t be nipping to the loo in the 89th minute of the most important game of the season! [emoji23]

35 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

Oh, please don’t.

You’ll only encourage Ricky to start a thread about which manager has the best haircut.

I'm impresssed by your use of English WDWB.  Res assured That Won't be happening.  But if you want to post about TV,  Weather, Euriovision Song Contest or 9 more threads with clear St Mirren or Football links like those then I suggest you visit the Sin Bin where Faraway is Currently setting new records in thread starting,  some excellent and some of startling irrelevancy.  Just like the rest of us on the Forum.  Have you had any thoughts recently which might lead to you  starting a thread. I can't promise to read them but I don't have you on ignore. I'll just do as most sensible people will do,  read those I wish to read and not read those that I don't.  I guarantee never to slag you. Can't promise always to agree with you but won't do an FFS or a GTF. Take a chance and start a thread or two. Bring a different perspective to the Forum.

Edited by St.Ricky