Jack Ross v David Hopkin. Who has achieved more?

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Carlisle want to appoint David Hopkin within 48 hiurs

Its a sad state of affairs if a team like Carlisle could prize him away. Would definitely be a backwards step for him but probably slightly more money in the short term if thats his mindset.

13 hours ago, StuD said:

Agreed. 

Sometimes when I read the posts on the various St Mirren outlets I have to wonder if we've been watching the same games. St Mirren last season were hardly a silky passing side. In the first half of the season especially I would have said St Mirren were a long ball side. Long balls were played up to Reilly who despite his lack of height often put defenders under enough pressure to give Morgan, Smith and Magennis a crack at the second ball. There was nothing wrong with it at all, indeed most fans were entertained enough by it to think they were watching silky passing football and got all snobbish about any team that had a bit of physicality about them. :rolleyes:

When I've watched Livingston this season too what I've seen is strong fit players, well organised tactically and playing with speed on the break. They don't have any "great" players in their side, but Hopkin has them playing to their strengths and like you I've enjoyed watching them. The 4-1 roasting they gave St Mirren was a superb example of just how pragmatic their football was.

Now stalking div in person now   :lol:    Is this this the same Livy that ended 12 points behind saint, and only beat us once in the league in four attempts, and also won 6 league games LESS than saints ?  :lol:  

On 5/21/2018 at 7:15 PM, cambiebud said:

It’s maybe my age Ricky, but they remind me of a poor man’s Motherwell from the 70’s. The team that had McVey, Tam Forsyth etc. It got results as well but was brutal to watch.

Not to be pedantic, well I am being pedantic but there you go. I'm pretty sure Tam Forsyth and Willie McVie never played in the same team for Motherwell. I remember McVie well as a Motherwell player, but I only remember Forsyth as a ***. Also I would say Tam Forsyth was a brilliant defender rather than just a thug.

McVie on the other hand was definitely a thug and played with other thugs such as Peter Millar and Gregor Stevens.

ETA cannae believe the word h u n gets the profanity treatment. What is the world coming to. Bet I can say dirty bigoted orange bassturt though............see telt ye.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not to be pedantic, well I am being pedantic but there you go. I'm pretty sure Tam Forsyth and Willie McVie never played in the same team for Motherwell. I remember McVie well as a Motherwell player, but I only remember Forsyth as a ***. Also I would say Tam Forsyth was a brilliant defender rather than just a thug.

McVie on the other hand was definitely a thug and played with other thugs such as Peter Millar and Gregor Stevens.

ETA cannae believe the word h u n gets the profanity treatment. What is the world coming to. Bet I can say dirty bigoted orange bassturt though............see telt ye.

Totally off topic but The H.U.N.S were better of without the thug Forsyth. Proven when they played us back in the 70's. Saints went 3-1 in front, should have been more, then Forsyth got sent off for thuggery and the dirty bigoted orange bassturts managed to pull it back to 3-3.

• 3 years later...