The Royal Wedding

Balbeg Buddie

I did my best to miss this and the cup final. Push the wife in her wheelchair along a few miles of the Forth and Clyde canal and then went down to Dumbarton castle and spent the next hour walking up and down hundreds of stairs [emoji22] Then went to paisley for food and have now just hit the pub for the English game. Sore knees now but worth every push and every step [emoji16]

8 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Where the hell did you get the figure of 2bn from, Dickson's diary?

Kirsty Young on BBC 1 quoted 1.9 to 2bn people worldwide. Don't blame me Cornwall.  (Not an Ipswich Town Squad value moment) 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Kirsty Young on BBC 1 quoted 1.9 to 2bn people worldwide. Don't blame me Cornwall.  (Not an Ipswich Town Squad value moment) 

Amazingly I had forgotten about that squad valuation :lol:

I wonder where they've plucked that figure from. I can't imagine 1/3 of the world's population either having absolutely nothing else to do, being interested in this, staying up during the night to watch it or getting up early, plus the fact not everyone has access to TV. Would love to see how they made that figure up!

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:
2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:
Amazingly I had forgotten about that squad valuation emoji38.png
I wonder where they've plucked that figure from. I can't imagine 1/3 of the world's population either having absolutely nothing else to do, being interested in this, staying up during the night to watch it or getting up early, plus the fact not everyone has access to TV. Would love to see how they made that figure up!

They just assumed that everyone in a former British Empire country was watching and then, well, actually, that's it.

I have a feeling that you might just be right. 

7 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

The 2 billion figure is probably the maximum possible audience in all countries where the event was being televised.

Similar fanciful pish gets wheeled out to bum up the audience for the Classico, Superbowl, etc.

I don't know anyone that said they had or had planned to watch it.

I’d like to wish all the happy couples that got married yesterday all the best, especially the ones that didn’t cost the British tax payer the reported £30 million. Really don’t understand the hoards of people that relate to, what in my opinion, is an elitist out of date circus, but each to their own I suppose. The extent of media coverage tells me I am clearly in the minority.

Guest TPAFKATS
I’d like to wish all the happy couples that got married yesterday all the best, especially the ones that didn’t cost the British tax payer the reported £30 million. Really don’t understand the hoards of people that relate to, what in my opinion, is an elitist out of date circus, but each to their own I suppose. The extent of media coverage tells me I am clearly in the minority.
The 30 million will be a very conservative estimate Bud.
Still apparently the royals bring in tourists and tourists are money as I believe Mr Rotten sang.
Of course no one can actually give accurate figures as to how much money the royal family generate but let's doff our cap and show subservience to the in breds.

Oh, and I doubt you were in the minority, just because our media dictates what they chose to report.

On ‎20‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 3:32 PM, TPAFKATS said:

The 30 million will be a very conservative estimate Bud.
Still apparently the royals bring in tourists and tourists are money as I believe Mr Rotten sang.
Of course no one can actually give accurate figures as to how much money the royal family generate but let's doff our cap and show subservience to the in breds.

Oh, and I doubt you were in the minority, just because our media dictates what they chose to report.

Oh yes, the old "they bring in lots of tourists and money" rubbish that's wheeled out every time those parasites require mugs like us to fund their lifestyles. I don't imagine places like Paisley or anywhere outside the Home Counties made much from this charade. Incidentally, if its meant to "unite the nation", then why are all those events held in the same area ? ( the wealthiest region in the uk just by chance). As an earlier poster mentioned, the Russians, Germans Italians etc got shot of their scroungers long ago and must be laughing at us still forking out to pay for millionaire ne`er do wells` housing and holidays. Probably serves us right for being so stupid and subservient when behind their backs they despise the great unwashed.

Rant over, lol.