The Sin Bin World Cup Thread

faraway saint

Very disappointing night.

Nearly as bad as us losing at Gretna in the Scottish Cup 2006.

All Cup Runs ending in defeat are shite.

Hopefully, the Macedonians will cheer us up with a stunning win against Sevco FC ( 2012 ) tonight.

Oh well, it's been a great world cup for football.

Plenty of goals and, mostly, good football.

The final, France will, rightly, be favourites.

The daft 3rd place play off, unbelievable they still carry on with this charade.

After the improvements of VAR thinking this game makes any sense whatsoever is quite astounding.

2 hours ago, pod said:

:unsure:

Yes England do deserve "success"- its not the same as me saying I want them successful. Is a semi final not success?

Being Scottish and having to put up with prats we have running our game, the total lack of investment in youth, the 2 club set up, England are miles ahead and also why their kids win everything................... our kids just end up watching games at Parkhead...............

So yeah its easy to criticize and gloat at another country's failure at a semi final in the WC, when we cant even get in the Plays Offs to qualify even when they make it every second team .

Sad indeed, that Scotland is a happy place today because England failed, and certainly not because we succeeded..... Small wee nation with a sack of potatoes on the shoulder

I would take "their" level of failure over the passionless idiots that run our game, and the "stars" that are to good to represent their country any day.  

Of course especially when every other nation in the UK is miles better than we are, glass houses guys !!

8 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

the total lack of investment in youth, the 2 club set up, England are miles ahead and also why their kids win everything................... our kids just end up watching games at Parkhead...............

England have more and bigger clubs . Bigger gates, more TV coverage, more sponsorship.  Probably the biggest and richest league in Europe and beyond.   Need I go on.

3 minutes ago, pod said:

England have more and bigger clubs . Bigger gates, more TV coverage, more sponsorship.  Probably the biggest and richest league in Europe and beyond.   Need I go on.

I think the point is Scotland, irrespective of financial issues, do pish poor.

Other countries with small populations and smaller budgets do significantly better than Scotland. 

Need I go on? :rolleyes:

Russia, again, deserve massive credit for this world cup.

Magnificent stadiums, brilliant pitches and most games well attended.

The fans who have travelled have been surprised by the great organisation and atmosphere.

I'm sure there will have been a small amount of stupid behaviour but nothing like the hassle that was widely predicted.

One of the best world cups, in many aspects, ever. 

44 minutes ago, pod said:

All true, how is the Croation, Welsh, Irish, Belgian , fecking Panama FAs doing- Apart from all better than ours................. I am not comparing us with England, which is my whole point, on saddos that laugh at England crashing at the Semi Final stage....... we need to look at ourselves ....... or do you think Malky McKays Project Brave will get us to the latter stages of tournes ?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I think the point is Scotland, irrespective of financial issues, do pish poor.

Other countries with small populations and smaller budgets do significantly better than Scotland. 

Need I go on:rolleyes:

He did say," England are miles ahead". Only explaining why, which was stating the obvious.

Please don't :P

Edited by pod

37 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Pod, are you content with Scotland's record domestically and internationally over the last 50 years? I'm not.

Fecking hopeless. We need to stop making excuses.

I don't think the SFA or our football system is the main problem. I think it is the misplaced  stupid Scottish superiority complex. Feck all to feel superior about. Scottish people pretending to be tough is a good example. Sticking the heid in someone is not an honerable or tough guy act. It is the act of a coward. Some low life dumb Scottish folk are so stuffed and the rest of us have to fix this shite.

Why do we have more than our share of fwits?

Indeed. :lol:

47 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Pod, are you content with Scotland's record domestically and internationally over the last 50 years? I'm not.

Fecking hopeless. We need to stop making excuses.

I don't think the SFA or our football system is the main problem. I think it is the misplaced  stupid Scottish superiority complex. Feck all to feel superior about. Scottish people pretending to be tough is a good example. Sticking the heid in someone is not an honerable or tough guy act. It is the act of a coward. Some low life dumb Scottish folk are so stuffed and the rest of us have to fix this shite.

Why do we have more than our share of fwits?

No, but I am scared to go out at nights. :unsure: