The Sin Bin World Cup Thread

faraway saint

4 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

Get real. Oor players are really mediocre and McCleish is  nae yis. Doomed fae the start. But we knew that.

Strachan wis right, we are in the main too wee. We need to genetically engineer some big boys, train them hard in real beep test football drills, build them up tae be super strong, super fast, super skilled then we might have a chance. That's how it is going. Most players at the World Cup were super fit and physically super strong. Oor teams look like they are back in the sixties. Piss week. Lewis Morgan is the perfect example. Good wee team player in Scotland, nor worth a jot in the big league.

:rolleyes: May as well gie up then...:mellow:

On 7/12/2018 at 12:35 PM, helpmaboab said:

Pod, are you content with Scotland's record domestically and internationally over the last 50 years? I'm not.

Fecking hopeless. We need to stop making excuses.

I don't think the SFA or our football system is the main problem. I think it is the misplaced  stupid Scottish superiority complex. Feck all to feel superior about. Scottish people pretending to be tough is a good example. Sticking the heid in someone is not an honerable or tough guy act. It is the act of a coward. Some low life dumb Scottish folk are so stuffed and the rest of us have to fix this shite.

Why do we have more than our share of fwits?

You are right. Its not a financial problem, its a cultural attitude problem.

That is what holds us back as a nation. Not just in football but in all aspects of life.

Its not just "hard men" who exhibit the problem. The issue is everywhere.

On 7/12/2018 at 6:56 PM, proudtobeabuddy said:

:rolleyes: May as well gie up then...:mellow:

What we need is a couple of things.

In the longer term we need people here who have the capacity to understand what the problem is.Our leaders are wasting time and takent wittering on about a lack of money whilst similar sized nations like Costa Rica, Uruguay, Denmark and Croatia compete with the best in the world for skill and attitude. 

In the short term, players like Morgan and McGinn need to go to a country with a better standard than Celtic play at. This is why we have GB tennis players who can compete at the top. The LTA are f**king useless so players like Andy Murray and the others went to Spain and the US etc to learn to play with people who know how to run the sport and properly develop talent.

While people scratch around for reason to reduce England getting to the semi final I've not seen any mention of Croatia winning the 2 games on Penalties, one against a lowly Russian side, and one in extra time.

Also the straw being grabbed about England getting lucky goals, there was a massive amount of luck involved in the winning goal by Croatia against England, worth a mention anybody? 

Who would really give a fcuk if Scotland won the world cup with every game going to penalties?

Winning in extra time or penalties is a way of deciding the match, all perfectly acceptable.

Anyhow, back to todays game, France, evens, are red hot favourites against Croatia, 7/2.

I'm agreeing all the way, the French have really picked up in the knockout games, fast up front and solid at the back, a winning formula. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Surely it's more important that the right decision was made rather than a minute or so? 

Somewhat questionable whether it was the correct decision. Has accidental gone out the window. Two players claimed . no-one else in the ground saw it. Looked accidental to me. Load of crap.

4 minutes ago, guinness said:

Somewhat questionable whether it was the correct decision. Has accidental gone out the window. Two players claimed . no-one else in the ground saw it. Looked accidental to me. Load of crap.

The first replay I seen looked a penalty to me, if you're saying it was questionable, how is it crap?

You got money on Croatia? :lol:

The BBC panel are all for Croatia, wonder why? :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Don't you get it. He is listening to info from the VAR panel as well as watching the monitor. Was a tough decision for Croatia but the players hand moved forward onto the ball. That is deemed intentional. Tough, because I don't think it was intentional. 'Intentional' is the key word in the hand ball ruling. The rule is a bit of a dog's breakfast since the 'intentional' aspect is being overridden.

Course I get it. It was not intentional so should not have been a penalty. Glad that decision will not be the one that decided the game.