World Cup Russia 2018

St.Ricky

I've just caught up on the action from Day 2 and 3, I'd seen bits of each games yesterday as we were pub crawling around Plymouth. Delighted to see Iceland continue to defy the script!

All four matches yesterday seen a penalty awarded. The final match of Day 2 also seen a penalty, so that's 5 straight matches now. I do believe the French penalty was a correct decision, I don't think there's any contact on the right foot which was on the edge, the contact came on Griezmann's left foot which was already inside the box from Risdon's follow through. I'm one of the only ones who'll say it but I'm glad we have VAR now, it's allowing referees to have a decent think about some decisions now instead of the immediate yes/no decision where he's got no idea if he's right or wrong.

Today:

1pm - Costa Rica v Serbia (ITV)

4pm - Germany v Mexico (BBC)

7pm - Brazil v Switzerland (ITV)

2 hours ago, guinness said:

Costa Rico - Serbia has started quite well. Could be a few goals as neither defence looks very good. Been a few chances already.

Germany v Mexico about to kick off.  Hard to see past Germany but.......... who knows.