World Cup Russia 2018

St.Ricky

Still think Belgium will win it but for this afternoon, it should be remembered that Sweden came through qualifying against France and Holland, beating both and beat Italy in the play off as well as seeing off Germany so they are no pushover despite what the English Broadcasting Corporation would have us believe!

2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Still think Belgium will win it but for this afternoon, it should be remembered that Sweden came through qualifying against France and Holland, beating both and beat Italy in the play off as well as seeing off Germany so they are no pushover despite what the English Broadcasting Corporation would have us believe!

Excellent point SS

Guest franny fat
3 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:

Indeed but England have only had 2 shots on target to Swedens 3 so Pickford has won it for them, still think against a good forward line they'll be found out!

sweden are much better than this they just didn't turn up today. 

its going to be unbearable if england win this world cup.

Belgium and France are looking very good just now,

its going to take a perfect performance to beat either of these

in the final.

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

Indeed but England have only had 2 shots on target to Swedens 3 so Pickford has won it for them, still think against a good forward line they'll be found out!

People keep saying that...........................funny how all the teams they play become shit after they, England, beat them. :lol:

1 hour ago, Guest franny fat said:

sweden are much better than this they just didn't turn up today. 

its going to be unbearable if england win this world cup.

Belgium and France are looking very good just now,

its going to take a perfect performance to beat either of these

in the final.

How come you're a guest?

People keep saying that...........................funny how all the teams they play become shit after they, England, beat them. [emoji38]
I think it fair to say that Sweden are not noted as being prolific scorers, I didn't say they were shit but they are clearly not a great forward line, and given that goalkeeper had to come to their rescue shows their defenders are not the greatest. England's second string back 3 also struggled badly against Belgium reserves and I would suggest their main men would against the full side too.

37 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:
54 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
People keep saying that...........................funny how all the teams they play become shit after they, England, beat them. emoji38.png

I think it fair to say that Sweden are not noted as being prolific scorers, I didn't say they were shit but they are clearly not a great forward line, and given that goalkeeper had to come to their rescue shows their defenders are not the greatest. England's second string back 3 also struggled badly against Belgium reserves and I would suggest their main men would against the full side too.

Isn't the goalkeeper part of the defence? :blink:

Sweden were the best defensive team in the tournament, yet a team who are not great going forward scored two goals against them, 

Anyhow, England are still in it, all the nonsense about an easy passage are wearing thin.

Edited by faraway saint

I was speechless after Belgium's victory against Brazil. Never thought I'd see the day that either Belgium or Scotland would reach the Semi Final of the World Cup. My mum's words to myself and her cousin afterwards were "That feeling you have now, that is what we experienced in 1986. Now it's your turn to enjoy it".

Whatever happens now, this team at least matches the greatest ever WC performance from Belgium. Still in shock now tbh.

Both countries went into decline at the same time. Belgium reacted to the inevitable and changed the whole youth system around. I just wish the SFA had done the same instead of being blind to the poor future ahead. I'm lucky enough to have my heart with two countries,I just wish my fellow Scots could also enjoy some success and decent football again. There's nothing to say it can't happen, with the right plans and ideas in place it can happen. Unfortunately while Scotland have the dinosaurs running the SFA things will stay shit.

Bring on the French...

Please Croatia put me out my misery, :(  am not sure I can`t take much more of this, every time you switch on the telly or radio its been constant since they beat Tunisia and fever pitch since they beat those world beaters Panama..... Harry Kane Jordan Pickford, Deli counter :ahhhh   Seemingly Gareth Southgate can now walk on water, and he`s now the new Bill Belichick,   a few months ago they wanted to toss him in the Tower of London,  its feast or famine with this lot  every time that gets my blood boiling, hopefully on Tuesday they will be throwing Gareth to the three lions

44 minutes ago, Franny Fat said:

the english are just as bad winners as they are losers.

when they won the ashes a few years ago every cùnt and his

dog got an obe including the lords shitehoose attendant, 

so imagine if they win the world cup next week

the guy that irons the shirts will get the order of 

the bath.

Striker coach would be looking at minimum of a Knighthood and estates in Scotland

4 hours ago, Franny Fat said:

their team spirit is incredible and every single player is giving 100%, fellaini in particular was outstanding

against brazil, kompany back at his best, de bruyne and hazard brilliant, the stars are aligning for belgium

to win this world cup, I hope they do cause if the english do we will never hear the end of it for the next

62 years again.

My own opinion is that Belgium are the best footballing team of the four teams left followed by Croatia, France and then England. What a turn up it would be if two of the countries with the smallest populations were to contest the final. 

10 hours ago, Franny Fat said:

their team spirit is incredible and every single player is giving 100%, fellaini in particular was outstanding

against brazil, kompany back at his best, de bruyne and hazard brilliant, the stars are aligning for belgium

to win this world cup, I hope they do cause if the english do we will never hear the end of it for the next

62 years again.

I couldn't fault any player against Brazil. Each one stuck to the plan, and did their job brilliantly. I start trying to pick a MOTM then keep flicking through all the names, still now I'd struggle. I had said before the tournament that the 3-5-2 wing back thingy was going to get ripped apart once we meet someone decent. It was comforting when I found out Martinez had changed his formation for the first time, he obviously knew the risks involved. The changes allowed Kevin to be more dangerous in a more forward role, Fellaini's introduction meant both him and Witsel gave the defence much needed protection that they weren't getting beforehand. Kompany has come back at the right time do, I shudder to think what would have happened if we were still relying on Boyata. Truly brilliant from all involved. But Tuesday is the focus now and if we aren't up to 100% against France the efforts v Brazil will have ultimately been in vain.