World Cup Russia 2018

St.Ricky

English fans are perfectly entitled to be at fever pitch and bum up their chances. They are in a World Cup semi-final, and there’s no Argentina, Brazil, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands, or Ronaldo and ten wankers.

Fair play to them. I just cannot bring myself to actively cheer or root for them. I cannot do it, any more than I could go into a voting booth and mark an X next to a Conservative. It simply is not in my DNA. Not happening.

Having just spent a weekend in and around the London area when they played Sweden, the geezer element to their support gives me the boak. Baldy tattoo covered f**kwits with no discernable neck, sporting way-too-tight Eng-er-land shirts, pissed as newts with their Chelsea season tickets in their wallets bellowing ‘it’s coming home’ in that horrible aggressive vaguely Cockney accent.

Fcuk them and their like....To sensible, balanced, decent English fans - good luck, but personally, sorry, not for me.

One Luka Modric, there’s only one Luka Modric...

Edited by pozbaird

For me its simple

England qualified for the WC undefeated, bar a silly match v Belgium B team they are undefeated. They have entered the competition and now are 180 mins away from winning it.

The fact all the big teams like Germany, Argentina, and Spain all bombed is not Englands fault...............

I have no issue with Southgate, he is a dam sight better than the muppets we have had. I have no issues with their players or fans really, thought their fans have been exemplary in the WC 

Sure, the pundits over analyze, the press build them up, destroy them, then build them up to destroy them. If England lose tomorrow, it will still be viewed as failure- like " who did we beat really" and "it was only Croatia  " However whatever happens its refreshing that in the 48 years I have watched WC finals, I have never seen England , Belgium or Croatia   compete in one.

So if England beat Croatia, then defeat the only other undefeated team in the final- Well Done World Champions

Remember Denmark, Czech Republic, Greece and Portugal have won Euros

Been a great WC- May the best team win it- Whoever it may be 

Personally hope its Belgium but anyone of the last 4 deserves it

Edited by DougJamie

Very proud of Belgium's efforts. Semi finals for just the second time, and we went out fighting. The French were excellent, took their goal well and set themselves up to deny us any clear chances. If they can do similar in the final they will be very difficult to beat.

Hopefully we can finish the job and take 3rd place and go one better than the team of 1986.

I'll say it now - St Mirren Scottish Cup Winners 2019. Last time Belgium made the semis the Saints had the Cup soon after!

26 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Very proud of Belgium's efforts. Semi finals for just the second time, and we went out fighting. The French were excellent, took their goal well and set themselves up to deny us any clear chances. If they can do similar in the final they will be very difficult to beat.

Hopefully we can finish the job and take 3rd place and go one better than the team of 1986.

I'll say it now - St Mirren Scottish Cup Winners 2019. Last time Belgium made the semis the Saints had the Cup soon after!

Belgium were my tip to win.  Mancini summed things up well.  Fine margins determined who won. One more corner than Belgium. Great saves by both keepers.