End This Farce

shull

Great topic Shull. 

The title sums up how the fans feel right now about the present situation. 

It looks possible that Livingston might be in a similar position as Hopkins is out of contract and likely to be in demand. No consolation to us. 

The two promoted clubs might finish up without the managers who led their clubs to promotion. 

Each of us will have sympathy for both Ross and Hopkins but not enough to let things rumble on.  

Real left field one here.......The Tommohawk as Manager with Goody as assistant. Box office gold. 

Failing that Fowler if he would accept the job with Goody as assistant. 

3 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

We still have a manager...

Manager left a couple of weeks ago. 

He couldn't care less about our future. 

He gave our hopeless goalie a Contract Extension. 

Guilty 

1 minute ago, shull said:

Manager left a couple of weeks ago. 

He couldn't care less about our future. 

He gave our hopeless goalie a Contract Extension. 

Guilty 

You and i know that's not true. The guy won't be taking the decision lightly if he leaves but if you can get 5/6 times what you're currently getting elsewhere then of course you're going to talk to other teams, that's life i'm afraid.

4 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

You and i know that's not true. The guy won't be taking the decision lightly if he leaves but if you can get 5/6 times what you're currently getting elsewhere then of course you're going to talk to other teams, that's life i'm afraid.

I have no problem with Jack Ross.  Nobody could argue with him considering other offers.  But..... The clock is ticking.  Today saw the last of the domestic league positions sorted out.  Our season tickets go on sale on Tuesday so an announcement by the Chairman on Monday will be needed to provide clarity and leadership.  

1 hour ago, shull said:

Get Jim Goodwin unveiled as the new Manager of St Mirren Football Club tomorrow. 

It makes sense to me. 

Got to be Goody. 

Don’t think you’ve thought this through.  We’d need to terminate JR’s contract which has 2 years to run which would cost a bit of money, then add to that paying Alloa compensation for Goody.  For someone so tight with money you seem to have no issue with spending other peoples. :rolleyes:

Blah blah blah. 

He is gone, maybe not officially. 

Get Goody in. 

Get Ross on Gardening Leave. 

And it is true and it might relegate us next season. Unless our defenders are shit hot. 

He gave a poor goalie a Contract Extension for the SPFL PREMIERSHIP. 

God help us. 

He should not have been allowed to dish out Contracts if he wasn't hanging around for at least another Season. 

Football is shite 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I have no problem with Jack Ross.  Nobody could argue with him considering other offers.  But..... The clock is ticking.  Today saw the last of the domestic league positions sorted out.  Our season tickets go on sale on Tuesday so an announcement by the Chairman on Monday will be needed to provide clarity and leadership.  

Ricky! Need I remind you Jack Ross has no offers from anywhere as yet? 

44 minutes ago, StuD said:

Ricky! Need I remind you Jack Ross has no offers from anywhere as yet? 

Stu

Too literal.  I am speaking figuratively. In the same way as David Hopkins might now consider offers. 

I am looking to the Chairman for leadership. 

I'm sure you will agree that season ticket sales are vital (cue moans from people when I mention them) 

Rangers announced Gerrard in advance of sales despite him not starting till 1June.

Not often one can give them credit these days but they got that sequence right. 

Edited by St.Ricky

41 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Stu

Too literal.  I am speaking figuratively. In the same way as David Hopkins might now consider offers. 

I am looking to the Chairman for leadership. 

I'm sure you will agree that season ticket sales are vital (cue moans from people when I mention them) 

Rangers announced Gerrard in advance of sales despite him not starting till 1June.

Not often one can give them credit these days but they got that sequence right. 

It's kind of an important step though. If Jack Ross receives no offers he continues to be under contract to St Mirren. Sacking Jack Ross would be a crazy and costly decision, not least because of the loss of compensation should one of those clubs he's linked with decide they want him. It would also severely damage the clubs reputation especially as only a few days ago fans were hailing Jack Ross as someone who could walk on water. 

It's one of those frustrating things. A few years back England recruited Sam Allardyce at a later point in the summer months - the pre-season had already started. It damaged Sunderland and they rushed into making a poor appointment in David Moyes but I would never have sacked or called for the sacking of Sam Allardyce. Let's just hope the CEO is - for once - on top of his brief and ready to react to any outcome. 

Just now, scottd said:

Of course one guaranteed way to ‘end this farce’ would be to go back to appointing another 30 years + of duff managers that no other team wants and end up costing a packet to get rid of.:wacko:

Wise one........... it would... also.. be disastrous as you well know.  success comes at a price.  it's how you handle it that matters and to be seen to handle it. 

15 minutes ago, scottd said:

Of course one guaranteed way to ‘end this farce’ would be to go back to appointing another 30 years + of duff managers that no other team wants and end up costing a packet to get rid of.:wacko:

Ahem - no-one has wanted Ross yet either. :rolleyes: 

• 2 weeks later...