Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

4 hours ago, StuD said:

Make of it what you will, but it's way better than reading some agent fed pish in the Daily Record. 

The podcast is probably the main reason Jack Ross and Alex Rae have slipped down the bookies ranking. 

Jack Ross doesn't have an agent. 

Jack Ross is still 10/11 outright favourite with Sky Bet. He's also still heavy favourite on the exchanges. Think you're right and the podcast has had an effect on bookies having him slipping from favourite to.... erm.... still favourite. :lol:

Screenshot_2018-05-23-06-48-02.thumb.png.4009ea603d854c5baf28a096ef0944f0.png

Long story short, I hope he stays but stop making stuff up to suit whatever your agenda is. You have the gall to try and call yourself out as the sole bearer of the truth and then come away with a stream of absolute bollocks.  For the record, I don't think he'll get the Sunderland job or even an interview but that's not the debate I'm looking for. 

Just to shoot that notion down before you deflect off to twist it in that direction. The point isn't whether the offer is coming his way, the point is that you're claiming he's no longer bookie fav due to some poxy podcast when he's clearly still favourite. 

Edited by djchapsticks

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Jack Ross doesn't have an agent. 

Jack Ross is still 10/11 outright favourite with Sky Bet. He's also still heavy favourite on the exchanges. Think you're right and the podcast has had an effect on bookies having him slipping from favourite to.... erm.... still favourite. :lol:

Screenshot_2018-05-23-06-48-02.thumb.png.4009ea603d854c5baf28a096ef0944f0.png

Long story short, I hope he stays but stop making stuff up to suit whatever your agenda is. You have the gall to try and call yourself out as the sole bearer of the truth and then come away with a stream of absolute bollocks.  For the record, I don't think he'll get the Sunderland job or even an interview but that's not the debate I'm looking for. 

Just to shoot that notion down before you deflect off to twist it in that direction. The point isn't whether the offer is coming his way, the point is that you're claiming he's no longer bookie fav due to some poxy podcast when he's clearly still favourite. 

So now I've made up the podcast. Bloody hell I'm good :rolleyes:

Keith Downie usually spot on with info from Newcastle and Sunderland

Excellent move for Jack tbh, IMO taking over the club at bang on the right time

If he gets it right he's a hero, if he gets it wrong he can blame it on the club being a basket case. win-win

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

Sky reporting it is a done deal.

FFS :(

I know many will feel gutted and its certainly been divisive but good luck Jack and thanks for saving the club from a succession of 3 clueless  managers. Wish you well.

Now let's get a new manager in, hopefully with James, and kick on.

Just now, magnus said:

I know many will feel gutted and its certainly been divisive but good luck Jack and thanks for saving the club from a succession of 3 clueless  managers. Wish you well.

Now let's get a new manager in, hopefully with James, and kick on.

Aye, he goes with my best wishes.

I'm glad I got to shake his hand (twice) the day we won the league. We won't forget what he achieved here.

Huge boots to fill....

This IS the right move for our gaffer, as he has a massive opp to get Sunderland back ...... Ipswich for me was /is an accident waiting to happen, getting them to Play Offs was quite an ask....

Delighted for him, if it happens, and delighted we now can look to appoint a cracking young manager in Goody.

The world keeps turning   

Just now, DougJamie said:

This IS the right move for our gaffer, as he has a massive opp to get Sunderland back ...... Ipswich for me was /is an accident waiting to happen, getting them to Play Offs was quite an ask....

Delighted for him, if it happens, and delighted we now can look to appoint a cracking young manager in Goody.

The world keeps turning   

Completely agree, Sunderland is the role to take of the 2.

Goody may be a bit early but showing all the potential. 

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

The world keeps turning   

Looks like its happened. Sky have closed the book. 

Just now, Drew said:

Aye, he goes with my best wishes.

I'm glad I got to shake his hand (twice) the day we won the league. We won't forget what he achieved here.

Huge boots to fill....

Agreed. Huge boots to fill and a big job getting us ready for what is a big step up. Never a dull moment with St Mirren. I'm hoping for an ambitious appointment and would like to see the Board very much on the front foot. Its been all about Jack and we need to change our sails.

I literally just heard Tony Fitzpatrick on the radio proclaiming that Jack could become one of the best managers ever and hoping he will stay.  Not really the best way to keep your manager (by telling everyone how great he is). 

Ach well if the journalist lad Downie is correct it's done.