Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Okay lets start a thread- New Saints Manager!!!!!!

R I C K Y  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Image result for Frank Butcher RICKY !!

Done this one DJ and I even know he was an actor on Eastenders.. though I've never watched it. 

Someone else can have the doubtful pleasure of starting a thread for the new manager. 

Perhaps even yourself DJ

Just now, helpmaboab said:

So I fluked it by suggesting either Leeds or Sunderland rather than Ipswich.

Having said that I'm not convinced he will be successful there but wish him well.

If the move "gang aft agley' I'm sure he'll easily return to Scotland and be snapped up.

Coleman was an excellent manager so he has big shoes to fill, but JR might just do it.

He is forever etched in the honour roll at SMFC.

Totally agree- And all in English- so well done :P

9 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

So I fluked it by suggesting either Leeds or Sunderland rather than Ipswich.

Having said that I'm not convinced he will be successful there but wish him well.

If the move "gang aft agley' I'm sure he'll easily return to Scotland and be snapped up.

Coleman was an excellent manager so he has big shoes to fill, but JR might just do it.

He is forever etched in the honour roll at SMFC.

Coleman may have been an excellent manager elsewhere but certainly not at Sunderland.

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

I will say again why would we agree to £50.000 compensation when we agreed £300.000 with Ipswich. 

Must admit I am totally stumped on that one.................. maybe we get all their out of contract players as Jack does like a clear out

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

If this news and accurate, yet Sunderland haven't even had any discussion with Saints, something is seriously amiss.

All that means is unlike Ipswich, they appear not to have sought permission to speak to JR ahead of approaching him. That will be academic if he has been offered the job and accepted.

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

All that means is unlike Ipswich, they appear not to have sought permission to speak to JR ahead of approaching him. That will be academic if he has been offered the job and accepted.

Correct me if I am wrong but he is under contract so surely permission must be sought and our club agree to his release from a contract with 2 years to go?

The first the club heard about this was this morning when it broke on Talk Sport and then via Keith Downie.

There has been no contact between the clubs, no permission has been sought to speak to Jack.