Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

All that means is unlike Ipswich, they appear not to have sought permission to speak to JR ahead of approaching him. That will be academic if he has been offered the job and accepted.

Our manager is under contract. It would be blatant tapping up.

4 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I now really hope this is a done deal, because if it isn't and Sunderland have signed someone else up then what has been a very ragged affair so far becomes pretty tawdry.  It makes a lot of people look like fools but the only two names to be remembered from it will be Ross and St Mirren

Really :unsure:

Just now, magnus said:

I would be genuinely surprised if Sunderland hadn't gone through the correct channels.

Hmm.

Unless it is an underhand attempt to pull the rug from under Ipswich, with the position that they'll take their chances come any tribunal?

Just now, nedflanders123 said:

If the club have officially stated there has been no contact/request from Sunderland then Sunderland have illegally tapped our manager. Something stinks here.  

Define "illegally"? 

Employment contract law was once described to me as a portal intended specifically to drive coaches and horses through.

But you are right, it does stink.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Our manager is under contract. It would be blatant tapping up.

Correct but it won't stop him going - plus given the compensation figure being quoted it would suggest (if there has been no contact to agree a figure) it was written into his current contract. We might protest but all that will happen is JR will resign and there will be a dispute over payment of any compensation due.

5 minutes ago, magnus said:

I would be genuinely surprised if Sunderland hadn't gone through the correct channels.

Very toungue in cheek. maybe they have been trying to get through on the ticket office line which is inundated with requests for season tickets. 

I'm probably being naive but I don't see Jack speaking to Sunderland without the club first having given permission.

There's no reason why Saints wouldn't have granted permission so why not do it properly.

This doesn't add up for me.

Just now, HSS said:

I hope Sunderland get relegated again.

I agree.

If JR has done a deal without getting permission from the board, who then get stuck with only pennies in compo, then I'd say that JR has done us a major disservice.  Yes, he has performed admirably and that was rewarded with more resources and at least 2, possibly 3 improvements in his remuneration package.   You would think that he would have told Sunderland he was happy to talk if they could agree terms in principle with the saints.

Sad though, that with all this success and speculation, we waited until he was on the costas before tabling an improved deal.