Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

1 minute ago, wabuddy said:

That was from Monday's paper, so presumably he was speaking over the weekend. This is Wednesday and he was on TalkSport saying the new manager should be in place by the end of the day. All sources are saying it's Jack...

Confusion?

St Mirren chairman Gordon Scott says Sunderland have made no approach for manager Jack Ross - and says reports that the Black Cats are close to landing their number one target are nonsense ‘unless there is some major skulduggery going on.’

Sunderland’s new owner Stewart Donald gave a radio interview to talkSPORT this morning in which he said the club has ‘agreed, literally, this morning, so we are drawing up contracts with the man we want. I’m expecting news on that very soon.’

Donald did not name Ross directly, but within minutes there were widespread reports that Sunderland were about to appoint Ross.

And soon after Donald’s appearance on the show talkSPORT presenter - and former Sunderland player - Mickey Gray later tweeted: ‘Welcome to Sunderland football club Jack Ross. #safc’

But if Sunderland are indeed close to landing Ross, it appears to have come as news to St Mirren.

Lifted this from  Sunderland AFC news https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/sunderland-afc-news-live-manager-14692883

Jack hasn't even been mentioned by their chairman, It seems to indeed be FAKE news or Chinese whispers,

If (and it remains a big IF at this point) JR has done the dirty here, at least it will make it easier to stomach the fact that he is leaving.

I don't think he has, to be honest, but still reckon he could easily set the record straight with a simple phone call.

Just now, Drew said:

If (and it remains a big IF at this point) JR has done the dirty here, at least it will make it easier to stomach the fact that he is leaving.

I don't think he has, to be honest, but still reckon he could easily set the record straight with a simple phone call.

Quite right Drew

Whats your mob number and I will pass it onto Jack:P

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Indeed and if true that would unfortunately tarnish his legacy. Personally I believe Jack has more morals than that, as does Sunderland FC.

Not sure Jack will want to call you [emoji4]

2 minutes ago, Drew said:

I think things have obviously moved fast, and Jack being on holiday has made things more difficult. I am sure he hasn't deliberately gone to do the dirty on anyone.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Surely by now GS and JR have been in contact with each other.  Really can't see there being any substance to this,  but you never know. 

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Surely by now GS and JR have been in contact with each other.  Really can't see there being any substance to this,  but you never know. 

Who knows what the f**k is going on.

And stop calling me Shirley!

31 minutes ago, Drew said:

What an omnishambles :lol:

But we were told Sunderland were no longer a farce and everything was going to go smoothly now. And if needlessly offering a manager five times his current salary (and at that a manager who once released a midfielder who didn't do well for his next club while a striker he released did well elsewhere) when you haven't approached his current employers doesn't scream well run, I don't know what does.

Maybe we all need to trust our chairman on this.

It seems to me that the current practice in the media is for one person to start a rumour and then everyone else and their donkey repeats it as though fact.

I am done with this shite until an official announcement has been made by our chairman because this nonsense is a waste of time and energy whether there is any truth in it or not.

Personally I think Jack is too early for moving anywhere and specifically I think he will be a dreadful match for Sunderland but if he goes, he goes. Someone wake me up when Gordon Scott speaks again.

Edited by oaksoft

38 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

What an absolute clusterf**k!

I’ll await the outcome before passing judgement but this isn’t looking very positive on Jack’s side. Unless his agents going out on his own and putting words in JR’s mouth.

The absolute clusterf**k here is the amount of absolute shite being posted on hee and in the press by people who dont have the faintest idea what is going on but are happy to pass judgement anyway.

You are right, we need to wait until something official comes out.

Anything else is just mindless wittering pish.