Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

1. Most folk aren't, why would you even think that?  The point is, if you are really an atheist, then Christmas Day is just another day.  I have a holiday that day because where I work is shut, not for any other reason.  In fact, I get two weeks holidays over Christmas and New Year and they are in addition to annual leave, not part of it.

2. You did, it was shown at the time.  Go and check.  I would do it but it's not important to me to show you up as a twat, I leave that in your capable hands as you do a much better job of it than I ever could - "premium bonds" being a prime example.

#thichasfcuk

Too long, too stupid, didn’t read.

Premium bonds! [emoji23]

If this turns out to be all true l will be disappointed in the manner jack leaves us. Will still wish him all the best and thanks for last two years, but a bitter and sour taste left in the mouth. Modern football has lost a lot of its loyalty and simply going about things in the right manner. Much like most things unfortunately

4 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

If this turns out to be all true l will be disappointed in the manner jack leaves us. Will still wish him all the best and thanks for last two years, but a bitter and sour taste left in the mouth. Modern football has lost a lot of its loyalty and simply going about things in the right manner. Much like most things unfortunately

I don't think it has changed that much....it's pretty common knowledge that Fergie was talking to Aberdeen while still employed by St Mirren and without permission (I'm not saying that is what JR has done). The biggest difference now I think is that information and news is more readily available and spreads more quickly because of the internet and social media.

Edited by WeeBud

2 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

I feel we need to give him the benefit of the doubt on this. It's an assumption right now that he's done anything underhanded. Much more likely he's left it in the hands of an agent. 

It's not about what I think Mr.Zico, it's about you having a shite post format.
Do you really think having that puerile caption makes any point, other than making sure everyone knows you are a total tosser.
Maybe that was the idea. Just in case anyone was in any doubt. A kinda big red flag saying, "look at me, I'm a total tosser, I don't like that faraway saint bloke. "  Who feckin cares what you think?  ...........touché 

Well you obviously care what I think! You’ve got the hots for me! [emoji8][emoji177]

Actually, I do like faraway!

And are you too dumb to work out how not see signatures?

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Possibly but it doesn't make great business sense at all. Giving someone a payrise and a clause that will mean you'll lose him in a few months for next to nothing anyway. The two are contradicting.

No reason that giving the payrise couldn't of have been on the grounds we protect our asset. £50k - £500k is nothing to a team in EC or Sunderland. On the same note, the amount we paid him extra for that few months will be a drop in the ocean compared to the Sunderland deal. I hope it's not true, it reflects a massive waste of money and a very poor business mind. 

A few people doubting the contract was actually signed in February. I'm starting to think that's more likely. No offical word from the club that it was I don't think. Maybe someone can clarify. 

It makes great business sense to keep your prized assets. It also makes great business sense to keep your prized assets happy.

We don't know whether the contract was or wasn't signed. If signed, we don't know how much of a pay rise was given. Therefore to say it was a massive waste of money is based on absolutely nothing. It being very poor business sense is your opinion only, and mine differs from it.

It is possible that the contract agreed in February wasn't signed, or that it was stipulated that the pay rise would kick in at the end of the season - we just don't know.

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

It makes great business sense to keep your prized assets. It also makes great business sense to keep your prized assets happy.

We don't know whether the contract was or wasn't signed. If signed, we don't know how much of a pay rise was given. Therefore to say it was a massive waste of money is based on absolutely nothing. It being very poor business sense is your opinion only, and mine differs from it.

It is possible that the contract agreed in February wasn't signed, or that it was stipulated that the pay rise would kick in at the end of the season - we just don't know.

Signing a deal with a £50k buyout isn't keeping your prized asset, it's packing his bags for him. At the stage in February we were in the position to negotiate based on the assumption we'd very likely be in the SP with or without him there for the rest of the season. It was very much job done.

I can't think of one logical reason to make him the highest paid manager in our history for four months then give him the option to leave for pennies. 

Second & third paragraph, yeah working on assumptions. Like I said my first post was asking if someone could clarify it, I'm not saying this is 100% the case. I sincerely hope it's not true because if it, it's beyond ridiculous and whoever signed the deal off needs to have a word with themselves. 

Sunderland do not really have to ask permission as it can be done after terms have been agreed. Does anyone really think we will knock them back? Jack could resign leaving compensation to be agreed. I fully expect the club to be contacted with permission granted. Time to look for a new boss. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Sunderland do not really have to ask permission as it can be done after terms have been agreed. Does anyone really think we will knock them back? Jack could resign leaving compensation to be agreed. I fully expect the club to be contacted with permission granted. Time to look for a new boss. 

They do as he is under contract.  Same as players under contract. If he resigns then nothing we can do. 

25 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Signing a deal with a £50k buyout isn't keeping your prized asset, it's packing his bags for him. At the stage in February we were in the position to negotiate based on the assumption we'd very likely be in the SP with or without him there for the rest of the season. It was very much job done.

I can't think of one logical reason to make him the highest paid manager in our history for four months then give him the option to leave for pennies. 

Second & third paragraph, yeah working on assumptions. Like I said my first post was asking if someone could clarify it, I'm not saying this is 100% the case. I sincerely hope it's not true because if it, it's beyond ridiculous and whoever signed the deal off needs to have a word with themselves. 

According to this from Tony back in Feb after the Barnsley saga, there was no new contract at that point?

This isn’t the first time a club has come in for the highly-rated Buddies boss.

In August Dundee tried to bring in Ross, but they eventually opted for Neil McCann, with the Saints manager and assistant James Fowler both signed contract extensions until June 2020 shortly afterwards.

But Fitzpatrick says there’s unlikely to be new deals on the table for them this time round, and revealed if the Buddies were to get promoted, talks would then begin regarding a new contract.

He added: “That is in their contracts anyway if we go to the Premiership, some players will get renegotiated as well. “If we were to do that for Jack every time a club came in, it would be a rolling everyday contract.

“That’s when we’ll look at it and we’ve got no real plans for that [to look at it any sooner].”

I don't think it has changed that much....it's pretty common knowledge that Fergie was talking to Aberdeen while still employed by St Mirren and without permission (I'm not saying that is what JR has done). The biggest difference now I think is that information and news is more readily available and spreads more quickly because of the internet and social media.

Fair point but it seems more widespread. Money talks far more these days given huge disparities in wages and budgets now between nations and leagues

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Clyde 1.Report that Sunderland have been given permission to speak withJack Ross.  Also report that all options are on the table.  Stay,  Ipswich, Sunderland 

Titanic, etc....

Well, looks like it is now all above board, so no need to round on the manager.

It would have been a shame for him to have left under a cloud, despite my earlier (not entirely serious) post that it would have made it easier to stomach to some degree.

It looks very likely that we will be looking for a new manager by the beginning of next week. Much better that than 2, 3, or even 4 weeks from now.

8 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Buses to Erskine will be busy. And A&E going by the greeting and balling here. Good luck Jack thanks for everything. Now time to move on. GOODY.

Would die of boredom waiting for one. 

4 minutes ago, Drew said:

Well, looks like it is now all above board, so no need to round on the manager.

It would have been a shame for him to have left under a cloud, despite my earlier (not entirely serious) post that it would have made it easier to stomach to some degree.

It looks very likely that we will be looking for a new manager by the beginning of next week. Much better that than 2, 3, or even 4 weeks from now.

Drew the optimistic pragmatist. I like it. And agree. 

Reports are that he will be on £350k pa at the Mackems, and that is a five-fold increase on his current wage. I think we can therefore deduce that the buyout clause was equivalent to one year's salary.

Look at it a different way: this means everything Jack has done for us over the past year has been done for free.

1 hour ago, nedflanders123 said:

They do as he is under contract.  Same as players under contract. If he resigns then nothing we can do. 

If you look at what i said. He can be offered terms then seek permission which looks like what has happened