Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

11 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Jim McIntyre every day of the week before Neilson. Neilson is the wrong appointment. McIntrye will thrive at St Mirren

Neilson would be the ideal choice. Great records with Hearts, both in getting them promoted, and in working with youth. Also took Hearts to third in the Premiership. I'm not sure what about all that makes him the wrong appointment.

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Well it looks like Tony has confirmed there was no contract in February anyway.

Kinda backs up giving him a huge payrise in February with a tiny buyout would be 'beyond ridiculous' don't you think? :rolleyes:

No, it doesn't. Other than in your completely fictitious world where you argue vehemently about things that don't exist and don't matter... :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

No, it doesn't. Other than in your completely fictitious world where you argue vehemently about things that don't exist and don't matter... :rolleyes:

St Mirren 14 points clear at top of Scottish Championship in February

St Mirren offer Jack Ross a new contract on a whole bunch more money with a tiny release clause allowing him to leave whenever a club can pay what is ultimately pennies for bigger clubs

Soctty - Perfectly fine

Fitzy - no such contract in February, that story wasn't true

Soctty - Yeah but that would still be acceptable, you live in a fictional world 

:huh: No bother

20 minutes ago, zico said:

It’s ironic that the term ‘Wank Tank’ was dreamt up by pozbaird.

Also ironic that he’s now in his own self imposed Wank Tank after disgracing himself yet again a couple of weeks ago.

An odious character, good riddance!

The central contention of your argument here is incorrect, Andy.

It was yours truly who dreamt up the term 'Wank Tank©'. Not that I'm blowing my own trumpet about that (I'm not double-jointed, FFS). It simply is what it is.

But hey, I don't doubt you'll find something to say about that.

ETA - it should be the Wank Tank for you too:booty

Edited by Drew

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

St Mirren offer Jack Ross a new contract on a whole bunch more money with a tiny release clause allowing him to leave whenever a club can pay what is ultimately pennies for bigger clubs

Soctty - Perfectly fine

So your retort to my post laughing at you for arguing vehemently about things that don't exist and don't matter is to...

...create a scenario that doesn't exist and doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

I think you need a holiday - you're spouting more pish than usual. 

"whole bunch more money" :lol:

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

So your retort to my post laughing at you for arguing vehemently about things that don't exist and don't matter is to...

...create a scenario that doesn't exist and doesn't matter. :rolleyes:

I think you need a holiday - you're spouting more pish than usual. 

"whole bunch more money" :lol:

Not even sure where to go with that, it's almost like you completely missed my point I was making about giving a bigger contract when the league was pretty much one and a tiny buyout...

You're right thouh it doesn't matter because that didn't happen. Good thing it seems the board agreed with me that would be maddness and not you that it would be perfectly fine. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah I'm sure any contract talks with Jack wouldn't of included chat of more money :lol: 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Not even sure where to go with that, it's almost like you completely missed my point I was making about giving a bigger contract when the league was pretty much one and a tiny buyout...

You're right thouh it doesn't matter because that didn't happen. Good thing it seems the board agreed with me that would be maddness and not you that it would be perfectly fine. :rolleyes:

Oh yeah I'm sure any contract talks with Jack wouldn't of included chat of more money :lol: 

:snore

9 hours ago, StuD said:

On Facebook some of them are creaming themselves. One of the best posts claimed that Jack Ross has St Mirren "playing like the Harlem Globetrotters". I'm not even sure if St Mirren basketball team is still on the go? 

The ones that are more pragmatic are right though. Ross hasn't got a clue what he's about to step into.

He's going from a club with an turnover of around £2.5m to a club who's last set of accounts showed the turnover at £108m, and that was before they sold Jordan Pickford for £20 million. To put that into context Celtics annual turnover is £90.6m.  

He's going to a club where even the club ambassador has more footballing pedigree than him. Kevin Ball is not only a Sunderland legend, he is also credited with the man who coached the current England captain and the current England goalkeeper at the Academy of Light.

He's going to a club where the "bad apples" in the dressing room are being paid £40,000 per week whilst refusing to play. 

He's going to a club where the owner has said they can't afford mistakes on the transfer market. He'll have £10m to play with. Every penny better be wisely spent or he'll be under pressure. 

He's going to a club where 40,000 fans will be on his case if the team doesn't start the season off with a string of wins - he won't be able to confront them like he did at Paisley. 

On the plus side if he'd got a two year contract and he f**ks it up he'll walk away a £millionaire. 

Why, if Kevin Ball is held in such high esteem, has he not been appointed?

33 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Soctty - Perfectly fine

For f**k sake!  How many times do you need to be told that  there was no new contract signed in February?

Its getting pretty boring now.  You are repeating the same lie again and again in order to have a go at the Chairman and club management.  Give it a bloody rest!

23 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

17 minutes ago, Soctty said:

:snore

You two get a room   !!!

I don't think many of us would have a problem with Jack going on to a bigger club and being offered 5 times his salary at St Mirren if he took the job.  Even after all the talk about planning to challenge at the right end of the top division and not just aim to avoid relegation and wanting to leave a legacy at St Mirren. 

Why then do I feel angry at Jack Ross today? He has waxed lyrical about his great relationship with our chairman Gordon Scott for as long as he has been St Mirren manager, and how he turned down bigger jobs because he valued the relationship he had with the chairman, board, fans and players. There isn't much sign of him valuing and respecting Gordon Scott or the club going by the way Jack Ross has gone about his business with Sunderland. If Jim Goodwin is telling people last Saturday that he expected Jack to be appointed Sunderland boss (rather than Ipswich boss) why does Goodwin know about Jack having talks with Sunderland two days before it is press speculation and 4 days before the chairman who has a great working relationship with Jack Ross finds out that not only is Jack wanting permission to talk to Sunderland, (he most likely did that a week ago without telling anyone at the club), he and Sunderland have already agreed terms and he is going to be announced the following day as the new manager of Sunderland. Furthermore Gordon Scott has said he still hadn't heard anything from Jack by this stage and only heard via talksport what was happening. I would suggest that when Gordon Scott alludes to "major skulduggery" going on he may well be talking about Jack Ross rather than Sunderland, especially since he thought the story must be nonsense since Jack was "on holiday" and since St Mirren have always been good at granting clubs permission to speak formally to Jack about vacancies.

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I don't think many of us would have a problem with Jack going on to a bigger club and being offered 5 times his salary at St Mirren if he took the job.  Even after all the talk about planning to challenge at the right end of the top division and not just aim to avoid relegation and wanting to leave a legacy at St Mirren. 

Why then do I feel angry at Jack Ross today? He has waxed lyrical about his great relationship with our chairman Gordon Scott for as long as he has been St Mirren manager, and how he turned down bigger jobs because he valued the relationship he had with the chairman, board, fans and players. There isn't much sign of him valuing and respecting Gordon Scott or the club going by the way Jack Ross has gone about his business with Sunderland. If Jim Goodwin is telling people last Saturday that he expected Jack to be appointed Sunderland boss (rather than Ipswich boss) why does Goodwin know about Jack having talks with Sunderland two days before it is press speculation and 4 days before the chairman who has a great working relationship with Jack Ross finds out that not only is Jack wanting permission to talk to Sunderland, (he most likely did that a week ago without telling anyone at the club), he and Sunderland have already agreed terms and he is going to be announced the following day as the new manager of Sunderland. Furthermore Gordon Scott has said he still hadn't heard anything from Jack by this stage and only heard via talksport what was happening. I would suggest that when Gordon Scott alludes to "major skulduggery" going on he may well be talking about Jack Ross rather than Sunderland, especially since he thought the story must be nonsense since Jack was "on holiday" and since St Mirren have always been good at granting clubs permission to speak formally to Jack about vacancies.

This......

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

Jim McIntyre every day of the week before Neilson. Neilson is the wrong appointment. McIntrye will thrive at St Mirren

Aye if you say so Jim ! BTW did you forget you were championing Billy Davies over on the other thread  :huh:

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

12 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Well said sir :clapping

4 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Well said sir :clapping

Also particularly annoying given the fanfare Jack made when Lewis Morgan signed for Celtic about how he worked with Lewis to make sure he got the right move to the right club for Lewis but how they also worked to get a good deal for St Mirren in terms of finance (the fee was decent considering he was out of contract in the summer) and on getting Lewis back on loan to finish the season. I am sure that many of us hoped that when the day came and Jack moved to a bigger club he might be open to doing the right thing by St Mirren. Instead it appears he had his contract changed to make it as cheap and easy to leave and hasn't been in touch with the club at any point to ask permission to talk with Sunderland, or once talks have taken place to update the club on his thoughts on the talks, and instead the first the club hear about it is via the media after he has agreed his new contract with Sunderland and when he is going to be announced as their new manager the following day. Major skuldugerry indeed and all the goodwill which would normally accompany a successful St Mirren manager moving on to better things has evaporated on my part at least.

I have no problem with Jack going to Sunderland. He gets a new challenge, and a lot more money, and we get our compensation and are back in the the premiership, where we wanted to be. That's how football works. Maybe we've become over-sensitive to losing our manager since we've got rid of ever manager we've had since 1986 rather than have other clubs want to take them from us.

Time to move on.

38 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Aye if you say so Jim ! BTW did you forget you were championing Billy Davies over on the other thread  :huh:

yep i'd take Billy Davies before Jim McIntrye every day of the week and anyone else being quoted on these threads, but Billy Davies probably aint happening.

Not 100% convinced it will be any of the mangers being quoted across all threads