Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

... and what of Jack Ross valuing his great working relationship with Gordon Scott and Tony Fitzpatrick? Guys if you turn on the telly this afternoon you'll see me being announced as the new Sunderland manager.

I think Jack Ross, Gordon Scott and Tony Fitzpatrick will all get along just fine after all this is complete.

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

Neilson would be the ideal choice. Great records with Hearts, both in getting them promoted, and in working with youth. Also took Hearts to third in the Premiership. I'm not sure what about all that makes him the wrong appointment.

Eh maybe your forgetting Craig Levein. When away from Levein  holding his hand,  at MK Dons he was total junk. Essentaily fully responsible for getting them relegated. Overrated and a poor choice.

3 hours ago, pod said:

There's  two losers out of this.   Ipswich, who if they hadn't fannied around could have had Jack a week ago. Obviously us, lossing a great manager and problably a couple of potential signing unsure of who was going to be in charge.   One winner, Sunderland. 

It feels like a defeat though 

21 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Hardly a suprise if anyone thinks SMFC would be given 50K for Jack Ross they are in cloud cockoo land

The PDE states that the compensation clause in JR's contract was £100k but,I guess this is to do with Sunderlands underhand tactics,Saints have managed to secure a higher figure.

Do we get more compo if Fowler goes too?

48 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I have no problem with Jack going to Sunderland. He gets a new challenge, and a lot more money, and we get our compensation and are back in the the premiership, where we wanted to be. That's how football works. Maybe we've become over-sensitive to losing our manager since we've got rid of ever manager we've had since 1986 rather than have other clubs want to take them from us.

Time to move on.

Harder to take, when taken from under your nose.  Like pulling a nasal hair, it's sore.     :rolleyes:

Edited by pod

5 minutes ago, HSS said:

The PDE states that the compensation clause in JR's contract was £100k but,I guess this is to do with Sunderlands underhand tactics,Saints have managed to secure a higher figure.

Do we get more compo if Fowler goes too?

Yes we would but I hope he is wanted by the incoming manager  and stays

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

For f**k sake!  How many times do you need to be told that  there was no new contract signed in February?

Its getting pretty boring now.  You are repeating the same lie again and again in order to have a go at the Chairman and club management.  Give it a bloody rest!

Well you clearly never read my post did you? I was the one saying there was no contract signed in February :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

I'd never get any sleep for him droning on and on about some make-believe nonsense he's dreamt up...

I'd probably be spending most of my time pointing out that his comments about 'make-believe' and 'dreamt up' don't make any sense, yes.

Although I'd get plenty of sleep after that because he clearly has no argument at all to back-up his nonsense. 

21 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Eh maybe your forgetting Craig Levein. When away from Levein  holding his hand,  at MK Dons he was total junk. Essentaily fully responsible for getting them relegated. Overrated and a poor choice.

Not forgetting anything. Craig Levein in charge of Hearts for the vast majority of this season has helped them to a distant 6th - Robbie Neilson led them to 3rd in their first season back up after leading them to the championship title with a record points and goals tally in a league containing both Rangers and Hibs.

So Levein managed to hold Neison's hand to great results, but was far from impressive in his own right. Makes sense...

A move to England will always be a big gamble, as it's far more competitive - Jack will know this - but it's financially very attractive.

Not seeing where your horrendous assessment of him is coming from, but we'll soon find out how good or bad he is first hand when he takes over here...

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I'd probably be spending most of my time pointing out that his comments about 'make-believe' and 'dreamt up' don't make any sense, yes.

Although I'd get plenty of sleep after that because he clearly has no argument at all to back-up his nonsense. 

:snore

17 minutes ago, pod said:

Harder to take, when taken from under your nose.  Like pulling a nasal hair, it's sore.     :rolleyes:

I've been expecting it since last summer. When bigger clubs with more money come calling, it's difficult to keep your manager, and difficult to begrudge him the move. I suppose I've prepared myself for it so it's no surprise.

Onward and upwards...

3 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Not forgetting anything. Craig Levein in charge of Hearts for the vast majority of this season has helped them to a distant 6th - Robbie Neilson led them to 3rd in their first season back up after leading them to the championship title with a record points and goals tally in a league containing both Rangers and Hibs.

So Levein managed to hold Neison's hand to great results, but was far from impressive in his own right. Makes sense...

A move to England will always be a big gamble, as it's far more competitive - Jack will know this - but it's financially very attractive.

Not seeing where your horrendous assessment of him is coming from, but we'll soon find out how good or bad he is first hand when he takes over here...

I wonder what Jack Ross has to say about Levein and Neilson ?

Also particularly annoying given the fanfare Jack made when Lewis Morgan signed for Celtic about how he worked with Lewis to make sure he got the right move to the right club for Lewis but how they also worked to get a good deal for St Mirren in terms of finance (the fee was decent considering he was out of contract in the summer) and on getting Lewis back on loan to finish the season. I am sure that many of us hoped that when the day came and Jack moved to a bigger club he might be open to doing the right thing by St Mirren. Instead it appears he had his contract changed to make it as cheap and easy to leave and hasn't been in touch with the club at any point to ask permission to talk with Sunderland, or once talks have taken place to update the club on his thoughts on the talks, and instead the first the club hear about it is via the media after he has agreed his new contract with Sunderland and when he is going to be announced as their new manager the following day. Major skuldugerry indeed and all the goodwill which would normally accompany a successful St Mirren manager moving on to better things has evaporated on my part at least.
That is a excellent post [emoji106]