Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Well he is happy to take away the family stand for the evil twins for 30 peaces of silver. So come in with the right price he will be off. Crazy not to have a good relationship with Jack as he could helps out with loans in the future.

All about the money. You are probably 100% correct.

13 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

McGennis is a cert the other will be Stevie McGinn captain for good reason a person jack can rely on to make sure orders are followed on the field is also a fantastic passer. 

I wouldnt have thought so, McGinn came back for family reasons to Scotland im sure, so i doubt he would head back down, although i guess its  not a million miles away in Sunderland.

Just now, magnus said:

I get it. All about the cash.

Nothing to do with the cash. I think people have dreamt up this scenario of the dastardly Jack Ross going behind everyone's back and engineering a move away to do us out of money or whatever, when the truth is more likely to be something completely different.

1 minute ago, marrez said:

I wouldnt have thought so, McGinn came back for family reasons to Scotland im sure, so i doubt he would head back down, although i guess its  not a million miles away in Sunderland.

McGinn isn't of the quality Sunderland will need to get out of League 1. He'll do alright for us in the Premiership up here, and was a standout in our Championship, but being realistic he's probably where he belongs now.

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Some fans are getting all high and mighty on going against Jack but lets look at our own clubs record on " success"

Alex Rae- Steadies ship - sacked

Danny Lennon- Gets us highest League finish since 80s, wins LC - sacked

Gus McPherson - Wins League, Wins Diddy Cup, Gets to LC Final- sacked

Tom Hendrie- Wins League, gets little support, gets relegated - sacked

Alex Ferguson- Say no more......

Jack in my 42 years of supporting Saints is the first manager to leave us to go on to bigger . He certainly is the first manager to be voted to the Manager of the Year.

We took on young Ian Murray- who was a hot property at the time, and he failed and hasn't worked since, Danny has floated from Job to Job, Gus is at Queens Park, and Tom went back to School..................

So my point- Jack is the first manager we have ever who has been promoted by leaving of his own choice

You forgot Alex Smith wins Scottish Cup - sacked!

Jim Clunie- highest league finish ever - sacked

Not sure Alex Rae should be in that company though

Makes dismal reading

2 minutes ago, Danny said:

You forgot Alex Smith wins Scottish Cup - sacked!

Jim Clunie- highest league finish ever - sacked

Not sure Alex Rae should be in that company though

Makes dismal reading

Totally mate

Just remember Murray had us  12 points after 14 games and in deep dodo, so Rae did do well with that team to get us 6th

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Totally mate

Just remember Murray had us  12 points after 14 games and in deep dodo, so Rae did do well with that team to get us 6th

See your point but he didn't half blot his copy book next season

44 minutes ago, Soctty said:

McGinn isn't of the quality Sunderland will need to get out of League 1. He'll do alright for us in the Premiership up here, and was a standout in our Championship, but being realistic he's probably where he belongs now.

We really love running ourselves into the ground - a truly Scottish trait. It's the 3rd tier in England and McGinn has been there before. If they wanted him and he wanted to go I'm sure he would do just fine especially with JR.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

We really love running ourselves into the ground - a truly Scottish trait. It's the 3rd tier in England and McGinn has been there before. If they wanted him and he wanted to go I'm sure he would do just fine especially with JR.

I really hope he stays.

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

He was release by Wycombe in League 2 !. If Jack Ross signs McGinn for Sunderland he'll be back up here by Xmas

10 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Some call it realism mate - a trait I like to think we can all adopt, regardless of nationality.

McGinn was released by a League Two side - Wycombe Wanderers - to come back to Saints. If you think he's the standard required by a team with a bit of money in League One who are expected to win the league and go back up to the Championship quickly, we disagree quite strongly. 

He's perfect for us and should do alright in the Premiership, where I'm sure he will be more than happy.

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Very true Ayrshire about our self deprication.  I've been lucky enough to work across the globe and whilst others do a great job of talking up the Scots we tend to do the  opposite.