Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

3 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

If Jack Ross were to come in for Kyle Magennis, Gavin Reilly, and possible Stephen McGinn then I would question whether Jack has left our squad strength in a better place than what he inherited. He sold McAllister, Mallan and Morgan for reasonable money in the circumstances but if he were to cherry pick our best remaining players at this stage in the close season we are left with guys like Baird, MacKenzie, McShane, Flynn, Hippolyte... who is to say the shape of our squad at the minute would challenge in the Scottish Championship next season nevermind the top division IF we lose Magennis, Reilly, S McGinn as well as Morgan from last year's squad.

I've disagreed with most of your posts on the JR topic, but I wholeheartedly agree with this one.

5 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

If Jack Ross were to come in for Kyle Magennis, Gavin Reilly, and possible Stephen McGinn then I would question whether Jack has left our squad strength in a better place than what he inherited. He sold McAllister, Mallan and Morgan for reasonable money in the circumstances but if he were to cherry pick our best remaining players at this stage in the close season we are left with guys like Baird, MacKenzie, McShane, Flynn, Hippolyte... who is to say the shape of our squad at the minute would challenge in the Scottish Championship next season nevermind the top division IF we lose Magennis, Reilly, S McGinn as well as Morgan from last year's squad.

No chance of S McGinnis going , Reilly can be easily replaced and was on the bench quite a lot in the latter part of last season. The only one worth worrying about is Magennis and if the price is right well that's football. Who's to say that whoever comes in can't sign players that will improve the team ?

10 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I understand this and hadn't overly thought about this part. 

IMO, I cannot see him take McGinn (nor McGinn leave at this stage) and would be surprised if he went for Reilly too.

Magennis is a possibility at this stage though. And at the end of the day its then in the hands of our new manager to strengthen the squad from the money available and possible additional monies from any potential sales. 

I guess, I still stand by he has left our club in a better place whilst understanding that if he does take some of the players he trusts (for a decent fee), then we need to rebuild. 

22 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

You never miss an opportunity to put the boot into Ross.  :rolleyes:

If McGinn were to go then Jack did us a favour by getting signed up for two more years thereby ensuring a transfer fee if he does move this summer.

Reilly shouldn’t be too difficult to replace and anyway his form shaded in the second half of the season, Magennis a bit more of a challenge.  Still it will allow the new guy to put his own stamp on the squad.

31 minutes ago, spankin_panda said:

I understand this and hadn't overly thought about this part. 

IMO, I cannot see him take McGinn (nor McGinn leave at this stage) and would be surprised if he went for Reilly too.

Magennis is a possibility at this stage though. And at the end of the day its then in the hands of our new manager to strengthen the squad from the money available and possible additional monies from any potential sales. 

I guess, I still stand by he has left our club in a better place whilst understanding that if he does take some of the players he trusts (for a decent fee), then we need to rebuild. 

Would stevie go if Jack asked ? 100% he would Jack was a huge part on why he came back to the club.

If I was Jack Stevie would be at the top of my list John also.

10 minutes ago, scottd said:

You never miss an opportunity to put the boot into Ross.  :rolleyes:

If McGinn were to go then Jack did us a favour by getting signed up for two more years thereby ensuring a transfer fee if he does move this summer.

Reilly shouldn’t be too difficult to replace and anyway his form shaded in the second half of the season, Magennis a bit more of a challenge.  Still it will allow the new guy to put his own stamp on the squad.

And you never miss an opportunity to tell us the sun shines directly out Jack Ross' backside.

In the week's following the Championship win, when the media were asking Jack Ross if it would be a good time for him to move on to bigger and better things Jack Ross was the one banging on about how he had spent months preparing to bring in new players to St Mirren and that he was relishing being in the top league and not wanting to just make up the numbers or fighting to avoid relegation. I think most people hoped that with us being the first team to win a title in the UK this season that we had an advantage in terms of signing targets over teams in or about the relegation play offs and had a bit of momentum going after a great run of results for 14 or 15 months.

Haven't met anyone who has said they would turn down the opportunity and money Jack Ross has been given at Sunderland. Most people I have spoken to have, to varying degrees been annoyed by the way the move was handled - from people half expecting he might be going to Ipswich and who were happy enough that Ipswich had handled the approach properly.

Six weeks after winning the league our manager and assistant have left to go to Sunderland, our player of the year has returned to Celtic, a U20 player has joined the first team squad, we have signed 1 non-league player and signed Paul McGinn and you think Jack would be doing us a favour if he signs our captain, and the cash from also signing our best young player would help his successor put his own stamp on the squad. 

If Jack Ross really is SMTID it would be nice if he left us with some of our best players for a return to the top division where we already needed to try and replace Morgan and add more quality.

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Good points but has to be balanced with who we bring in with money in the bank? 

And you never miss an opportunity to tell us the sun shines directly out Jack Ross' backside.

In the week's following the Championship win, when the media were asking Jack Ross if it would be a good time for him to move on to bigger and better things Jack Ross was the one banging on about how he had spent months preparing to bring in new players to St Mirren and that he was relishing being in the top league and not wanting to just make up the numbers or fighting to avoid relegation. I think most people hoped that with us being the first team to win a title in the UK this season that we had an advantage in terms of signing targets over teams in or about the relegation play offs and had a bit of momentum going after a great run of results for 14 or 15 months.

Haven't met anyone who has said they would turn down the opportunity and money Jack Ross has been given at Sunderland. Most people I have spoken to have, to varying degrees been annoyed by the way the move was handled - from people half expecting he might be going to Ipswich and who were happy enough that Ipswich had handled the approach properly.

Six weeks after winning the league our manager and assistant have left to go to Sunderland, our player of the year has returned to Celtic, a U20 player has joined the first team squad, we have signed 1 non-league player and signed Paul McGinn and you think Jack would be doing us a favour if he signs our captain, and the cash from also signing our best young player would help his successor put his own stamp on the squad. 

If Jack Ross really is SMTID it would be nice if he left us with some of our best players for a return to the top division where we already needed to try and replace Morgan and add more quality.

You need to read my post more carefully.  I didn’t say Ross would be doing us a favour if he signed McGinn to his new club more that he had done us good turn by giving him a new deal thereby ensuring a transfer fee if he did move.

As for the sun shining out of Ross’s backside, when you have endured the likes of your favourites Teale and Rae it is easy to relate to someone who has us winning and playing decent football.

If he left us a pile of cash to rebuild, that'd be nice also...

25 minutes ago, scottd said:

You need to read my post more carefully.  I didn’t say Ross would be doing us a favour if he signed McGinn to his new club more that he had done us good turn by giving him a new deal thereby ensuring a transfer fee if he did move.

As for the sun shining out of Ross’s backside, when you have endured the likes of your favourites Teale and Rae it is easy to relate to someone who has us winning and playing decent football.

Rae was hardly my favourite, Teale was a case of we will never know if he could have become a decent St Mirren manager given the mess he inherited and the fact he spent most of the January transfer window as a caretaker boss of a club subject to 2 different takeover bids and was promoted to interim boss just in time to be told we were selling Kenny McLean on the final afternoon of the transfer window.

20 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Rae was hardly my favourite, Teale was a case of we will never know if he could have become a decent St Mirren manager given the mess he inherited and the fact he spent most of the January transfer window as a caretaker boss of a club subject to 2 different takeover bids and was promoted to interim boss just in time to be told we were selling Kenny McLean on the final afternoon of the transfer window.

Teale inherited a club that was second bottom and left us at the bottom and relegated, but did have to navigate some pretty choppy waters to be fair.  Doesn’t appear to have had another managerial post since, although it may be that he isn’t that keen on it anymore.  

Jack Ross did a great job as our manager and has moved on, no point picking over the carcass to put a spin on it that suits you.  The king is dead and all that.

8 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Boo hoo effin hoo. How old are you?

Cancel that, going by your posts I’ve got a fair idea of how old you are and I dare to suggest you’ve seen this all several times before.

The lack of ability of grown adults on here to see the realities of life never ceases to amaze me.

On 5/28/2018 at 11:40 AM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Magennis is the only player in the St Mirren squad who Jack Ross would remotely look at and that would need to be the Magennis of the season before last to get a game at Sunderland. McGinn  would struggle to find a League 2 team in England and Reilly for me would be Conference !

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Magennis is the only player in the St Mirren squad who Jack Ross would remotely look at and that would need to be the Magennis of the season before last to get a game at Sunderland. McGinn  would struggle to find a League 2 team in England and Reilly for me would be Conference !

Sad indictment of Scottish fitba if that’s true LenzieBud. And for the record I’m no saying it isnae true. Just that it’s utterly depressing if it is. 

23 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sad indictment of Scottish fitba if that’s true LenzieBud. And for the record I’m no saying it isnae true. Just that it’s utterly depressing if it is. 

I reckon he is right. Look at Killie last year...... look at rejects like Martin and Dorrans.  Lets see how far our teams get in Europe...  Remember a few years back Forrest Green had accured 11m in debts trying to get to League 2. Different world. Unsustainable and different

18 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Just read an article about JR starting at Sunderland and the excitement their fans have. 

Its a bit like reading your ex's Facebook page after they've just dumped you. 

Really.... whats it like to get dumped ??? :P

Edited by DougJamie