Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

3 hours ago, elvis said:

I watched the Sunderland game yesterday at home to Luton there shite Luton were all over them if they don't get there act together they won't be getting promoted that's a few times now and they haven't impressed me at all. 

Elvis in "being negative" shocker.

At least you're consistent and don't reserve your negativity for St Mirren.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Elvis in "being negative" shocker.

At least you're consistent and don't reserve your negativity for St Mirren.

Only saying it like it was they were rotten even when Luton went down to ten men they looked the better team .

5 minutes ago, elvis said:

Only saying it like it was they were rotten even when Luton went down to ten men they looked the better team .

I've only seen highlights of their games this season, but would agree that third in the league is probably under achievement given the resources they have at their disposal. If they lose Maja and don't replace him adequately, they could struggle to improve. The risk for JR is, if they have to settle for a play off place and then lose, that will not be good enough for Sunderland, and despite the positivity of the fans towards him, such a scenario would not keep him in a job.

So while I was having a wee dig at your universal negativity on this forum, I have to acknowledge you probably have a point.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I suspect that's why Jack felt secure enough  to take such a big job so early in his career. He basically has a full season to learn how to run such a major operation. He's anything but foolish is JR.

Agreed. Barnsley would have been high risk mid season, and the potential at Sunderland was a better opportunity than mid-table obscurity with Ipswich (who are actually pretty dire now, wonder where they would be if JR took them on).

50 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I've only seen highlights of their games this season, but would agree that third in the league is probably under achievement given the resources they have at their disposal. If they lose Maja and don't replace him adequately, they could struggle to improve. The risk for JR is, if they have to settle for a play off place and then lose, that will not be good enough for Sunderland, and despite the positivity of the fans towards him, such a scenario would not keep him in a job.

So while I was having a wee dig at your universal negativity on this forum, I have to acknowledge you probably have a point.

I don't think they have thrown any serious money at it in regards to the squad though agree they should have enough about them with their resources to get promoted.

JR may end up getting funds this window to mount up their challenge.

I'm not sure about that. The new owner knew what he was buying and Jack was tasked to stop the negative momentum. I think he has done that so I think providing they are there or there abouts, he will be given time. Even if they don't go up this season. I realize they are a big side but he hasn't exactly been given an open cheque book.

23 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

I agree!  Mind you, if he gets wee Lewis they'll skoosh it.

Funny you should say that as its pretty much a stick on that will happen this week!

and having watched Sunderland a few times this season, its very much like watching us last season, where we totally dominate teams, but never seem quite able to batter them. Loads of possesion, they've got a lot of players comfortable on the ball, what they lack is Lewis Morgan who brings players on to their game, makes good choices and will help them convert their dominance into goals, especially when he hits the bye line anf fires it back across the box.

just like he more or less was the readon we won the league, he will turn draws into wins for them, and make wins more decisive. 

I was at the game and I was impressed by Luton. There a really good side. But for 70mins Sunderland struggled. But I think there a better team than yesterdays performance. No 17 for Luton was the best player on the park. But great stadium we were lucky to be taken pitch side to meet up with JR. He's a class act and I wish him nothing but the best of luck. And the stadium staff were superb very welcoming. Great day.

I was at the game and I was impressed by Luton. There a really good side. But for 70mins Sunderland struggled. But I think there a better team than yesterdays performance. No 17 for Luton was the best player on the park. But great stadium we were lucky to be taken pitch side to meet up with JR. He's a class act and I wish him nothing but the best of luck. And the stadium staff were superb very welcoming. Great day.

Did you spit or swallow JR's jizz???apparently most of the bus swallowed.

Seriously though pass a sick bag this JR love in is getting tedious the guy was a good manager that's it the way everyone who went to Sunderland is going on you would think they had just been to Mecca.

9 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Seriously though pass a sick bag this JR love in is getting tedious the guy was a good manager that's it the way everyone who went to Sunderland is going on you would think they had just been to Mecca.

Make your feckin mind up! Did we go to the football or the bingo?

18 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Why can't people enjoy things? 

As far as I can see, they paid money out of their own pocket to have a day trip away and had a really good time. 

So I'm not sure what there is to take offence to here. It impacts you in no way whatsoever. 

As far as I can see, they paid money out of their own pocket to have a day trip away and had a really good time. 
So I'm not sure what there is to take offence to here. It impacts you in no way whatsoever. 
They can mate but the majority seem to want to tell the whole St Mirren community about how special it was, Facebook/Twitter/B&W Army has been inundated with every detail of this trip if they don't want people to have a different opinion/take offence as you call it then I suggest they don't publicise their day trip online.

Just a sad man Robert. Do what I'm doing ignore him. He craving your attention and he not worth the effort you took to write the post.

I was down in Newcastle in October and i visited St James Park, i would have visited the Stadium of Light if i'd had time. I don't support either team in fact my favourite English team is Man City. I'll maybe try and take in of their games this season when St Mirren aren't playing.  The point of me sharing this is because i see nothing wrong with going to watch other teams and enjoy it without feeling like you're being somehow unfaithful to your own team. I'd probably take in a Sunderland game if the opportunity arose because I like the North of England and i want to see Jack Ross do well. He rescued our team from possibly a decade of the lower leagues, if we'd went down to the third tier it would have been a disaster financially and the recovery would probably have been painfully slow.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

I couldn't give a flying f**k about any English team, St Mirren's the only team for me....

But I'm sure most if not all on the trip were more interested in having a good day out, sinking a few beer's and

watching a game of football without there head in there hands, rather than going all the way down there to try 

and get a lick at JR ringpiece...... If the Guys enjoyed themselves then that's all that matters...

Just a sad man Robert. Do what I'm doing ignore him. He craving your attention and he not worth the effort you took to write the post. 
Look in the mirror you and your 50 pals have been posting all over social media about Jack Ross for last 24 hours think you will find that is yourselves that's craving attention.

I'm just pointing out it shouldn't be posted on St Mirren pages as Sunderland & Jack Ross have nothing to do with us it's quite embarrassing grown men getting all excited about a day trip to Sunderland.

10 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

I couldn't give a flying f**k about any English team, St Mirren's the only team for me....

But I'm sure most if not all on the trip were more interested in having a good day out, sinking a few beer's and

watching a game of football without there head in there hands, rather than going all the way down there to try 

and get a lick at JR ringpiece...... If the Guys enjoyed themselves then that's all that matters...

That's the appeal there's no emotional attachment that you have with St Mirren so it's a good day out and hopefully a good game of football. The only other team i'd say i support apart from St Mirren is the national team.