Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

I'll be honest, I could barely even tell you the first thing about Sunderland squad or how they have been playing other than results. I don't really preoccupy myself with English football at all, (outwith a betting capacity) so it wouldn't personally be my cup of tea.

For all the guys who went down to the game though and enjoyed it, fair play to them. Why should they refrain from positing it on social media because one or two folk's nose gets out of joint?! From what I could see, a bus of folk (folk who go to every home and away game as well) went down, had a lot of beer, a good day out with their pals and they put photos and videos of it online showing how well treated they were by the club and former manager. 

Is that no what it's about at the end of the day? Having fun and a good time with your mates and sticking the photos online to let others have a look!? We get a bunch of guys who come over to St Mirren now and then from Mechelen and Dortmund and I love to see our club extending a warm welcome to these folks. 

I also love reading about the guys who headed over to Catalonia and had the red carpet rolled out by the locals. Things like that are absolutely great. 

Edited by djchapsticks

38 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'll be honest, I could barely even tell you the first thing about Sunderland squad or how they have been playing other than results. I don't really preoccupy myself with English football at all, (outwith a betting capacity) so it wouldn't personally be my cup of tea.

For all the guys who went down to the game though and enjoyed it, fair play to them. Why should they refrain from positing it on social media because one or two folk's nose gets out of joint?! From what I could see, a bus of folk (folk who go to every home and away game as well) went down, had a lot of beer, a good day out with their pals and they put photos and videos of it online showing how well treated they were by the club and former manager. 

Is that no what it's about at the end of the day? Having fun and a good time with your mates and sticking the photos online to let others have a look!? We get a bunch of guys who come over to St Mirren now and then from Mechelen and Dortmund and I love to see our club extending a warm welcome to these folks. 

I also love reading about the guys who headed over to Catalonia and had the red carpet rolled out by the locals. Things like that are absolutely great. 

Now, Catalonia sounds like a decent away trip. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Look in the mirror you and your 50 pals have been posting all over social media about Jack Ross for last 24 hours think you will find that is yourselves that's craving attention.

I'm just pointing out it shouldn't be posted on St Mirren pages as Sunderland & Jack Ross have nothing to do with us it's quite embarrassing grown men getting all excited about a day trip to Sunderland.

I’ve got mates in that group who I used to go with to Saints games with, and I’m delighted for them that they had the chance to see Jack Ross again, and indeed Craig Samson too. JR clearly did what no manager has done in a long time at Saints and forged a special connection to the fans, alongside overseeing that brilliant turnaround. Sammy has played his part in our last two trophies and (most) fans love him for it.

Mechelen fans come back to see us every now and again. Other groups of fans occasionally watch other sides because of random connections. It’s more common than you think, and the important thing is they had a great day out on an otherwise free weekend.

I quite like a bit of football tourism these days.

I've even *shock horror* missed Saints games for this.

Instead of watching the same old fixtures I've been watching all my life, I like to try and get away and experience something a bit different at least once a season.  e.g. Last season I passed up the opportunity to watch Saints v ICT for the umpteenth time in my life, and instead took in Valencia v Atletico Madrid at the Mestalla for not much more than the cost of attending a few away games (that I've seen umpteen times before).

I didn't plaster it all over social media though, to be fair. :whistle

8 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Instead of watching the same old fixtures I've been watching all my life, I like to try and get away and experience something a bit different at least once a season.  e.g. Last season I passed up the opportunity to watch Saints v ICT for the umpteenth time in my life, and instead took in Valencia v Atletico Madrid at the Mestalla for not much more than the cost of attending a few away games (that I've seen umpteen times before).

Until today!

oh the twisted faces will be rounding on you anytime soon for doing what you wanted, and telling people you did it!

8 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I didn't plaster it all over social media though, to be fair:whistle

:rolleyes:

Wonder how many busloads would head for Ibrox if Lord God Almighty Sir Jack Ross had become the Manager of Sevco2012 ? 

When my hero, Bobby McKean, left, I asked my Dad if we could go and see him play for his new Team.

I got a slap about the head.

39 minutes ago, shull said:

Wonder how many busloads would head for Ibrox if Lord God Almighty Sir Jack Ross had become the Manager of Sevco2012 ? 

When my hero, Bobby McKean, left, I asked my Dad if we could go and see him play for his new Team.

I got a slap about the head.

A day out to visit 3 guys in Ross, Fowler and Sampson who deserted our club when we needed them most....personally hope Sunderland lose every game...

23 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

A day out to visit 3 guys in Ross, Fowler and Sampson who deserted our club when we needed them most....personally hope Sunderland lose every game...

Another Shull alias:rolleyes:

You can tell by the bile and selective Anti Saints banter

Three mentioned saved our club when we needed them most, which is why we are not away at Stenhousmuir this season 

No wonder we are known to opposition fans as St. boo :rolleyes:If a minority of our fans have nothing to moan about on a daily basis, they are not content.

What an embarrassment that this is even a debate. It's nobody else's business what people decide to do with their time. Even more so that the bus load of people who made the trip to Sunderland, travel the country following St. Mirren week by week.

I personally don't know why people are so hung up on the idea that JR is a traitor. Very short memories indeed.

49 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

How dare they leave for much bigger salaries instead of staying in what would become a high-risk job with low chance of further reward :rolleyes:

30 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

How dare they leave for much bigger salaries instead of staying in what would become a high-risk job with low chance of further reward :rolleyes:

Always have, always will.  :( Tough.   

Edited by pod

Three mentioned saved our club when we needed them most, which is why we are not away at Stenhousmuir this season 
Do you not think we would have won or been promoted from league 1 last season then???

No wonder we are known to opposition fans as St. boo :rolleyes:If a minority of our fans have nothing to moan about on a daily basis, they are not content.
What an embarrassment that this is even a debate. It's nobody else's business what people decide to do with their time. Even more so that the bus load of people who made the trip to Sunderland, travel the country following St. Mirren week by week.
I personally don't know why people are so hung up on the idea that JR is a traitor. Very short memories indeed.
I think Jack Ross is a traitor and there are plenty who agree but choose not to speak out as the (I Love Jack Brigade) will be right onto them.

1 minute ago, Ronnie said:
45 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I think Jack Ross is a traitor and there are plenty who agree but choose not to speak out as the (I Love Jack Brigade) will be right onto them.

Bud, I think you need to get a grip. 

Traitor. :lol:

17 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

Whilst we, and you, are waiting for all these "Plenty" who think Jack Ross (laughing out load as i type that) is a traitor to come forward. Here's a wee something to get you back down to planet earth.

IMG_1746.JPG

26 minutes ago, Ronnie said:
1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

Do you not think we would have won or been promoted from league 1 last season then???

Not the way the club was going no. Look at Raith Rovers , they should have romped it but didnt......

My point being, our true need was 2016-17 as 3rd tier would have been a total disaster,

11 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

Great to visit other grounds and have a good day out. If however it is to pay homage to Jack Ross l I think the individuals involved need to think how this looks to Oran who should be getting support rather than get a message that they all wish Jack was still here. Stop living in the past. Jack left because he wanted to. Oran is going to get more of the same on Saturday when Jim Goodwin takes the plaudits from those who would like him as manager.  If Oran saves us from relegation it will far outweigh anything Jack did. Will they then follow him to his next job or is it just good looking smooth talking Jack they have a crush on. 

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:
2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Traitor? f**king hell get a grip :lol:

Only a die-hard Saints fan would have rejected that opportunity. And I daresay many die-hard Saints fans would have actually taken the chance of 5x your current salary instead of staying in a job that would have become high-risk in a league with plenty of bigger fish. Jack’s stock was unlikely to ever be higher, and this was his chance to try and make it to bigger things. If you seriously consider him a “traitor” then football just isn’t for you. I presume Lewis Morgan, Kenny McLean, John McGinn and Stevie Mallan are all traitors too. Actually add Stephen McGinn to that list too as he abandoned us once.