Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

To some he is God, to me he is an ex manager that done quite well while he was here Lennon & Gus done more for St Mirren but unsurprisingly aren't treated in the same way. 

I don't really have any grudge against JR but I'm certain Danny Lennon is always welcome back at St. Mirren's home. Many will never forget what he did for our club.

19 minutes ago, shull said:

Wee Danny Legend is my favourite. 

Had a couple of rocky moments in the beginning. 

But March 17th 2013 trumps everything for me. 

And he seems a cracking wee guy tae. 

Statue. 

Danny was fantastic for us. His first season was piss poor and I’d say we were saved by a shite Hamilton side, but after that season we never looked back under Danny. The only manager to bring home the League Cup (only the 3rd to even make the final), and our highest league finish in a long time (certainly in my lifetime I believe). In the end I was gutted to see Danny being released, massive mistake IMO, especially when the following option was T***y C***g.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2019 at 9:12 AM, Cornwall_Saint said:

How dare they leave for much bigger salaries instead of staying in what would become a high-risk job with low chance of further reward :rolleyes:

It's not fact he left for bigger salary..it's how he went about it pimping himself out to whatever club offered him most money. He couldn't wait to get away..left us in a very difficult position when he left and the timing of it....i for one thank him for what he did but he is forgotten now...won't ever forget how he left us though...

16 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

It's not fact he left for bigger salary..it's how he went about it pimping himself out to whatever club offered him most money. He couldn't wait to get away..left us in a very difficult position when he left and the timing of it....i for one thank him for what he did but he is forgotten now...won't ever forget how he left us though...

I literally can't think of a better time for a manager to leave a club when he has clear ambitions to advance his career. If he'd gone when Barnsley came calling, before the title was in the bag, I'd have been raging. 

Seriously, knowing he was going at some point last summer, when would have been better?

Edit to add: "He is forgotten now" :lol:

Edited by Magic Monkey

54 minutes ago, gstretchuk said:

I think after the MoTY Award it was definitely his moment to maximise the value of his follow on job - I have more of a gripe with TF/GLS who seemed to ignore JR had been sanctioned to go for a major squad rebuild and dithered for the best part of a month without pursuing any of JRs targets before hiring a replacement manager, Stubbs, although that's a different calamity.

Edited by Bud the Baker