Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

4 minutes ago, Buddie-Boy said:

They do seem to be very unhappy - strange considering they'll go top if they win the games in hand they have.   I think they expected to skoosh every game.

There's a 'Jack Dross' thread, 'Clueless Jack', 'Jack Ross out his Depth', not to mention the 'Utter Shite' thread  :lol:

Unfortunately With a bigger support comes the increased number of eejits that somehow think they are still a premiership side.

Ross has recruited wisely, expect them to go on a wee run of victories starting tomorrow night, in fact by Friday night they could be second in an automatic promotion spot. Not a bad turnaround for a club who had back to back relegations.

On 2/6/2019 at 12:02 AM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

In fairness though maybe they looked at who Jack had already signed up for the premiership: Danny Mullen, Myles Hippolyte, Ryan Flynn, new contract to Gary MacKenzie., and we also had both Ross Stewarts and Jordan Kirkpatrick under contract for this season as well.

Mullen & Flynn were regulars in the second half of last season after they were signed, although Mackenie's injury history was well known I don't remember to remember any outrage last May to the one year deal and the Stewarts & Kirkpatrick were bought as squad players for the Championship and had continuing contracts anyway - at the time only Hippolyte fell short of what you would have expected. I'll stick with my opinion that too much time was wasted between the Ipswich approach for JR and Stubbsy's appointment.

On 2/11/2019 at 10:24 AM, Buddie-Boy said:

They do seem to be very unhappy - strange considering they'll go top if they win the games in hand they have.   I think they expected to skoosh every game.

There's a 'Jack Dross' thread, 'Clueless Jack', 'Jack Ross out his Depth', not to mention the 'Utter Shite' thread  :lol:

There is also a very negative poster called Top Cat.

Surely not???

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:24 AM, Buddie-Boy said:

IS LPM as well as Top Cat writing in their forum ?  :turtle

On ‎2‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, Lord Pityme said:

Unfortunately With a bigger support comes the increased number of eejits that somehow think they are still a premiership side.

Ross has recruited wisely, expect them to go on a wee run of victories starting tomorrow night, in fact by Friday night they could be second in an automatic promotion spot. Not a bad turnaround for a club who had back to back relegations.

OOPS another draw - not as you predicted . . .  :hammer  

They need to go for more wins and see them out - whether they manage this or not remains to be seen.

• 5 months later...
Honestly starting to see JR as a Derek mcinnes, smart manager in Scotland but absolutely out his depth down south.
Really wanted him to do well, but wouldn’t lose sleep if he lost his job either.
Wrong club at the wrong time for McInnes, who is a top manager and could very well cut it at the top level down South.

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
14 minutes ago, mattman said:
Honestly starting to see JR as a Derek mcinnes, smart manager in Scotland but absolutely out his depth down south.
Really wanted him to do well, but wouldn’t lose sleep if he lost his job either.

Wrong club at the wrong time for McInnes, who is a top manager and could very well cut it at the top level down South.

Could say the same for jack though...

30 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I do agree Bristol City was not the right move at the right time for McInnes.

He has done an incredible job of cementing Aberdeen’s place as Scotland’s best non-bigot club (granted Killie did edge them on goal difference last season). He’s done a great job of giving Dons fans regular European football, with a fair few wins and not suffering the embarrassing results we’ve seen from Hearts, Hibs, Killie and Sevco.

However, he never seems to be able to take on bigger clubs. You’d think playing Celtic and Sevco 8 times minimum, year after year, he’d have an idea of how to get some solid results against them. But too often they get defeated, sometimes battered. He’s the sort of manager who could well take a club like West Brom, Middlesbrough or Swansea back to the EPL, but be out of a job within weeks due to his inability to grind out results against the better teams. It’s either down to tactical naivety, a lack of belief/motivation, or both. The Dons have been lucky to keep him for this long, and the consistency is outstanding, but they just can’t seem to grind out the results against the bigots the way that Killie did when Clarke turned Rugby Park into a fortress, and the way even the highly inconsistent Hibees are often problematic for the bigots too.

44 minutes ago, mattman said:

Could say the same for jack though...

Jack Ross is  a mile away from the sack at Sunderland.  The season has just started and a decent result at Ipswich today. League One is a tough league to get out of for any club.

Having said that I was amazed that Sunderland gave him the job given his experience was League One and Championship in Scotland. Many solid managers in England with a deep knowledge of the English game should have got that job IMO.

23 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

He has done an incredible job of cementing Aberdeen’s place as Scotland’s best non-bigot club (granted Killie did edge them on goal difference last season). He’s done a great job of giving Dons fans regular European football, with a fair few wins and not suffering the embarrassing results we’ve seen from Hearts, Hibs, Killie and Sevco.

However, he never seems to be able to take on bigger clubs. You’d think playing Celtic and Sevco 8 times minimum, year after year, he’d have an idea of how to get some solid results against them. But too often they get defeated, sometimes battered. He’s the sort of manager who could well take a club like West Brom, Middlesbrough or Swansea back to the EPL, but be out of a job within weeks due to his inability to grind out results against the better teams. It’s either down to tactical naivety, a lack of belief/motivation, or both. The Dons have been lucky to keep him for this long, and the consistency is outstanding, but they just can’t seem to grind out the results against the bigots the way that Killie did when Clarke turned Rugby Park into a fortress, and the way even the highly inconsistent Hibees are often problematic for the bigots too.

Not convinced that McInnes is actually good enough to manage the clubs you have listed in terms of winning the English Championship or getting to EPL ? 

With the finances at Aberdeen I would say he is doing the job expected of him and nothing more. 

A very good post. Thank you.

Spot on.

21 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Not convinced that McInnes is actually good enough to manage the clubs you have listed in terms of winning the English Championship or getting to EPL ? 

With the finances at Aberdeen I would say he is doing the job expected of him and nothing more. 

He’s definitely doing the job expected of him, but I imagine even Dons fans are surprised at just how consistent they’ve been up there. Hearts and Hibs have more money than the rest of us too, but both found themselves relegated in recent years, and neither side are convincing me they’ll be challenging for third.

If it’s about meeting expectations, then there’s no reason he couldn’t take a decent Championship side into the EPL. The only question is how many times the side would then get pumped in the top flight before he was sacked.