Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

I'd be surprised.
Had success in the 2nd top division in Scotland, failed at Sunderland, not exactly a hot property as I see it.
The way I see it Levein, Mcinnes and Neilston all left Scotland as our "best manager" at the time the 3 of them failed miserably but still came back to the biggest jobs outwith the old firm.

Think Ross is still regarded highly up here same as the 3 mentioned above.

All 3 had managed in the top league, Levein didn't leave Scotland, he went to the Scottish national team.

As for highly thought of, how do you know this?

Did you read what I wrote? I said I think he is highly regarded up here just an opinion like yours I might be wrong, you might be wrong.

After the transformation at St Mirren he was being mentioned it seemed for every job going add to the Brendan Rodgers "St Mirren were best team he has faced" quote and think he will be high up any list when the Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen change their manager.

By the way just so you are sure Levein left Hearts to take over at Leicester pretty sure that's not Scotland.

I didn't state an opinion, I stated facts.
Anyhow, off to work, let's wait and see. 
Facts??? Like Sunderland should have walked the league???

Is that a Fact???

I said Levein, McInnes & Neilston left Scotland to go to England you corrected me by saying Levein went to Scotland???

Wrong again that was after he failed in England.

Don't see many "facts" here.

No need to try to be smart, it doesn't become you. ha ha
I already apologised for that, suppose you'll not mention that? 
I already mentioned Levin leaving for Leicester in my original reply.

I wasn't being angry you were being cheeky and I got cheeky back.

Fair enough let's wait and see.

When l looked at their weekend result coupled with the same pattern as last season of too many draws in games they should have won l did wonder how long Jack had before getting the boot. Harsh but probably not a huge surprise given the size of club and would not accept another season at that level

As I said on the Saints fans Facebook page...

Best Saints manager since Fergie.
Achieved just as much in a shorter time!

His departure wasn't much different from that of Sir Alex, who is still worshipped!

Going to Sunderland was a no brainer.

They have only lost seven league games since he went there.

Man City have lost six in the same time period.

Draws cost him.

Expectations by the Makems are unrealistic.

Put two premiership sides out the cup.

A few points off automatic promotion this early in the season even after a poor start!

He would have turned that around.

Those being smug about this are being petty and forgetting how much he did for us.

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

His departure wasn't much different from that of Sir Alex, who is still worshipped!

Draws cost him.

A few points off automatic promotion this early in the season even after a poor start!

Those being smug about this are being petty and forgetting how much he did for us.

If you think it’s bad on here, should see some of the halfwits on Facebook with the Judas patter 🤣 as if they would knock back an opportunity to make a lot more money. Some folk live in fantasy land.

Anyways hope we pump the next team he manages 😜

4 hours ago, Long John Baldy said:

Quite a short mile that was then eh mate ha ha

He got lucky, a gamble by Sunderland after a very short term of success in a poor league.

No hard feelings for him, he'll have made a fortune.

Yep but I think its driven by new owners who I think will take over. Probably wanted the cost on Donald's books.

Bolton and Lincoln results didn't help.

Always surprised they appointed him in the first place. Huge jump to League One in England where most of the top 10 are better than anything in Scotland outside OF.

At least it gives Ann Budge an opportunity to sack Levein, oh the irony of that.

Best St Mirren manager since Fergie and he'll go on to prove it. I'll always be grateful to Jack for what he did for St Mirren. We could have ended up at least a decade in the lower leagues, almost the third tier! Sunderland were too impatient, he would have came good but it's their loss.

The bad feeling over his departure from us was down to the deal being agreed before St Mirren knew anything about Jack's deal with Sunderland. We had given him permission to speak with Barnsley and Ipswich.  Jack publicly was saying he was looking forward to a season in the premiership with St Mirren and we weren't going into the season just to make up the numbers or only avoid relegation while privately he was applying for other jobs without telling the club what he was up to - he couldn't wait to leave!

Guest TPAFKATS

Draws cost him.

Suspect he might have survived (at least a bit longer) if they hadn't list to Lincoln at weekend.
The stat of only losing 7 games is balanced out by a win rate of 50% which is low for a team with Sunderland budget in that league.

Think his stock might be a bit lower for a wee while than some on here think.

Could be argued that it all went wrong when he recruited John Potter [emoji57]

Appreciate everything he done in his short time with us. Didnt want him to fail unlike a few other St. Mirren fans.

The bad feeling over his departure from us was down to the deal being agreed before St Mirren knew anything about Jack's deal with Sunderland. We had given him permission to speak with Barnsley and Ipswich.  Jack publicly was saying he was looking forward to a season in the premiership with St Mirren and we weren't going into the season just to make up the numbers or only avoid relegation while privately he was applying for other jobs without telling the club what he was up to - he couldn't wait to leave!
But that's almost exactly what Fergie did with Aberdeen except our Chairman got wind and fired him.

Why is one revered, the other vilified?

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

But that's almost exactly what Fergie did with Aberdeen except our Chairman got wind and fired him.

Why is one revered, the other vilified?

Fergie left a decent team behind him at Love Street, decent scouts and had signed young players to the club who went on to represent Scotland (at a time when we qualified for World Cups!). Fergie moved to Aberdeen and won the cups, league title and European trophies, managed Scotland and oversaw the most successful period in Manchester United's history.

Fergie was with us for just under 4 years - twice as long as Jack Ross and he stayed around to manage us back in the premier division (having knocked back Aberdeen in 1977).

Jack Ross cut short Shankland's loan, sold Jason Naismith, sold Kyle McAllister, sold Stevie Mallan, sold Lewis Morgan and left us with signings like Myles Hippolyte for a tilt at the premiership which he didn't intend to hang around for. Jack Ross also signed close to 40 players in 3 transfer windows and blew all the transfer fees received on dozens of players we didn't need.  We had 2 exciting seasons when he was around for his 20 months or so but to almost get relegated from the Championship when he inherited a team with Mallan, Morgan, Naismith, MacKenzie, Shankland, McAllister, Magennis etc was some achievement!

Who did Jack Ross leave behind at the club who he'd signed or developed (rather than players inherited from previous managers, or former academy players like the McGinns?)

Barely a few months went by without Jack being linked with other clubs... Dundee, Barnsley and Ipswich were all spoken with during his short tenure with us (that we know about).  Jack had no intention of staying around to manage us in the premiership.

His tenure with us will live long in the memories- from the final day draw away to Hibs,  to clinching promotion the following season against Livi. 

Any Saints fan that's pleased about his sacking have very short memories.

2 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

Just before I pop off to bed, the uproar about Ross. ha

He certainly doesn't deserve any supporters enjoying this decision or other nonsense, had a quick look at Facebook, from people who really should be in care.

He also doesn't deserve any sobbing as he made the decision to leave St Mirren.

Me, thanks Ross, enjoy your wee break in the sunshine, you'll have plenty cash to ease the pain. 

And in a wee while,  he'll get another job that his record deserves.  

Good manager at a rotten club (Sunderland).