Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
6 hours ago, oaksoft said:
I said this on the P&B forum but it's worth repeating.
If the moral high ground is populated by people like you, I'm happy to take my chances in the jungle.
If you had any decency, you'd delete that disgrace of a post.

FFS. He either did hear that or it's a silly joke, either way it's nothing to get worked up about.

4 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
4 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
FFS. He either did hear that or it's a silly joke, either way it's nothing to get worked up about.

Even if he has heard it, it is totally inappropriate to share unsubstantiated allegations on a public forum.

I read it on HERE, I am pretty sure.

I am an adult.  It’s no big deal.  

Humans being attracted to each other has been commonplace for a much longer time than high-minded, low-browed, simplistic morality has.

On 11/1/2019 at 9:36 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

My Hearts supporting brother in law saying a lot of talk of Robinson the Motherwell manager. 

Would be far more deserving of the Hearts job than Ross. Proven at Premiership level.

Also think it would be a bit of a joke if Ross was offered the Hibs job. Plenty of managers who have achieved way more than him would be interested in that job.

Motherwell may be a very good team for Ross to end up at. 

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

What on earth are you wittering on about?

The man is married with kids and none of us should be spreading gossip like this because that can destroy families.

What is Victorian about that?

Well your previous post repeated the rumour (go and check) - " tut and repeat" there's something very Victorian about that.

Edited by Bud the Baker

4 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I hinted at nothing and stopped well short of unsubstantiated allegations or defamatory statements!

Nobody was "invited" to think anything. It was a simple statement.

You made the post, you dropped the hint - you were being coy then, you're being coy now.

These hints (not specifically yours) predate Levein's sacking, predate Ross's sacking from Sunderland and IIRC first emerged when Ross was managing us, anyway they go back a long way.

I would rather people came out with their reason as to why something like JR getting the Hearts job won't happen or shut up.

Edited by Bud the Baker

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

You made the post, you dropped the hint - you were being coy then, you're being coy now.

These hints (not specifically yours) predate Levein's sacking, predate Ross's sacking from Sunderland and IIRC first emerged when Ross was managing us, anyway they go back a long way.

I would rather people came out with their reason as to why something like JR getting the Hearts job won't happen or shut up.

Geez... don't you get it?

There was NO hint! I stated what I believe.

You are looking for something that isn't there!

Budge dismissed him. I don't believe she will re-employ him.

Why is that so hard to believe?

Why are you so intent in making a mountain out of a molehill?

Guest TPAFKATS

Obviously I should offer an apology to Mrs Ross and the weans in case they read this forum or thread.
I can only hope they already had me on ignore.
I really hope they haven't been on any of the hearts forums or other social media such as twitter or Facebook.

Ffs...

Ross will not get any of the 2 jobs in Edinburgh, Hibs fans wont want him due to his Hearts connections and Hearts will go for someone more experienced.
Cant see Ross's non first team coaching gig at Hearts being a biggie if Hibs want him.
Be different if he managed them.
The fact he left abruptly and is rumoured to be out of favour down Gorgie Rd would probably attract hibs fans to him, that and knicking him before Hearts get their act together would appeal to them.
Can see Dumpster moving quick on this one to try and kick start their season.

Guest TPAFKATS
Cant see Ross's non first team coaching gig at Hearts being a biggie if Hibs want him.
Be different if he managed them.
The fact he left abruptly and is rumoured to be out of favour down Gorgie Rd would probably attract hibs fans to him, that and knicking him before Hearts get their act together would appeal to them.
Can see Dumpster moving quick on this one to try and kick start their season.
Yeah, there's been a few guys coached at both over the years.

I suppose if you take away the fact Ross is a person that nobody on here probably knows very well then it's easy to throw around some cheap slur.

I have no idea if the post that's caused this debate on peoples morals is true, but it looks like the responses are more personal against the person defending them that the issue itself.

It's a storm in a teacup in my opinion. 

[mention=536]tpafkats[/mention] is quite happy to take the moral high ground at every opportunity

He’s also happy to dish out personal abuse to folk he disagrees with

My response was indeed personal

I'm not sure there is too much in Ross' CV to suggest he would instantly turn Hibs or Hearts around if given either job and have them climbing the table before Christmas. When he came to a St Mirren side in the Championship and with Jason Naismith, Gary MacKenzie, Stevie Mallan, Lewis Morgan, Kyle McAllister, Kyle Magennis, Lawrence Shankland at his disposal we still lost his first 6 league games in a row and fell way behind Ayr United at the bottom of the league. It took the January window and a squad rebuild with 11 out and 11 in before we began to start stringing results together in February and March, almost 6 months after he was appointed. I have a feeling that Budge and Dempster will be hoping for a swifter 'new manager bounce' than we enjoyed when Jack Ross was appointed, and they'll also hope they don't have to buy a new squad in every transfer window only for Jack to apply for jobs elsewhere if he strings together 1 good season with them.