Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

19 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

What assistant?
Fowler? Potter?

Fowler's managerial record is no where near as good as JR's, I suspect Potter's isn't either.

Since Phil Parkinson took over at Sunderland his record is a lot worse than JR's there too - and beaten last night by an u21 team   :guinness

On 11/3/2019 at 8:25 AM, Long John Baldy said:

Sunderland won yesterday. 

🤡 The clown prince (THAT's YOU - just in case you don't comprehend) only notes things that suits his argument and agenda against JR...

new manager has a 33% win record - it is no where near as good as JR's so far, but YOU go for it and tell us every 3rd game they win under him . . . :bounce2

And avoid really bad results like getting beaten by an under 21 side in the cup.   :moony2

13 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

🤡 The clown prince (THAT's YOU - just in case you don't comprehend) only notes things that suits his argument and agenda against JR...

new manager has a 33% win record - it is no where near as good as JR's so far, but YOU go for it and tell us every 3rd game they win under him . . . :bounce2

And avoid really bad results like getting beaten by an under 21 side in the cup.   :moony2

There are many posters on here with an agenda against JR but I don't think LJB is one of them. If I'm reading his posts correctly, I'd put him more in the category of "playing Devil's Advocate" when it comes to Ross. I think he was sad to see Ross go, wished him well (whilst not completely ruling out that there may have been some dodgy tactics involved), but isn't prepared to allow our fond memories of Jack to translate into unsubstantiated smoke being blown up his arse without any challenge whatsoever.

Then again, I could be talking shite. :D

Guest TPAFKATS
Yet again . . . aye that JR - some record ! His assistant though... mm
What assistant?
Fowler? Potter?
Fowler's managerial record is no where near as good as JR's, I suspect Potter's isn't either.
Since Phil Parkinson took over at Sunderland his record is a lot worse than JR's there too - and beaten last night by an u21 team   :guinness
I'm not sure what your original point was about Ross' assistant?

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

There are many posters on here with an agenda against JR but I don't think LJB is one of them. If I'm reading his posts correctly, I'd put him more in the category of "playing Devil's Advocate" when it comes to Ross. I think he was sad to see Ross go, wished him well (whilst not completely ruling out that there may have been some dodgy tactics involved), but isn't prepared to allow our fond memories of Jack to translate into unsubstantiated smoke being blown up his arse without any challenge whatsoever.

Then again, I could be talking shite. :D

LJB is an alias who follows my posts and constantly tries to be negative about them (usually ha ha or previously zzzz etc.) - He is an attention seeker who constantly tries to get reactions from as many folk as he can reel in and prolific poster of drivel to fulfil some internal need which really badly needs sorting. I could say more, but he is not worth talking about... Note that he posts when Sunderland win, now without JR and never acknowledged their many defeats since JR left - is that not an agenda to slate JR?

On 11/4/2019 at 7:14 PM, paisleysaint1973 said:

Ross will not get any of the 2 jobs in Edinburgh, Hibs fans wont want him due to his Hearts connections and Hearts will go for someone more experienced.

On 10/19/2019 at 7:23 PM, TopCat said:

Anyone surprised Jack has been sent home to Scotland with his tail between his legs?   I’m not.

A couple of oops posts . . . :oops

He did get the Hibs job - so hardly got his tail between his legs - he will be coining it in and having a good laugh ! :whistle

Just hope he manages dreadfully when they play us . . .  :ninja

35 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

A couple of oops posts . . . :oops

He did get the Hibs job - so hardly got his tail between his legs - he will be coining it in and having a good laugh ! :whistle

Just hope he manages dreadfully when they play us . . .  :ninja

Hibs appointing Ross is a bit rushed for me. Hearts are being a bit smarter about it.

Ross done an excellent job at St Mirren but the jury is out on his time at Sunderland. He has never managed at Premiership level, so again a bit suprised he has got a job the size of Hibs. 

On his St Mirren showing defintely has the potential but this is a critical job for him or else he may become another jobbing manager.

Maybe Ian Murray will get it after Ross as he seems to be reviving his career again at Airdrie 😄

Edited by lenziebud

37 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Hibs appointing Ross is a bit rushed for me. Hearts are being a bit smarter about it.

Ross done an excellent job at St Mirren but the jury is out on his time at Sunderland. He has never managed at Premiership level, so again a bit suprised he has got a job the size of Hibs. 

On his St Mirren showing defintely has the potential but this is a critical job for him or else he may become another jobbing manager.

Maybe Ian Murray will get it after Ross as he seems to be reviving his career again at Airdrie 😄

Eh  ?

19 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Fine you state your opinion on how quick or slow a team are in appointing a new manager. It can work well or dreadful both ways though.

Ross did far better at Sunderland than he is given credit for - it was a huge step up with very high expectations to a team who had been in continuous freefall - he failed in extra time in the last play-off match - it was that close. But the failure was as much the players failure as his. This season never started well, but his successor is not doing anywhere nearly as well as Ross was...

You have to be having a laugh mentioning Ian Murray - he was clueless with us - tactically and in signing players. Murray is "doing well" in the lower leagues but has had a very decent assistant and has replaced him with another good one. Let's watch and see his career and see if he makes progress - he was truly terrible for us...  

Fine you state your opinion on how quick or slow a team are in appointing a new manager. It can work well or dreadful both ways though.
Ross did far better at Sunderland than he is given credit for - it was a huge step up with very high expectations to a team who had been in continuous freefall - he failed in extra time in the last play-off match - it was that close. But the failure was as much the players failure as his. This season never started well, but his successor is not doing anywhere nearly as well as Ross was...
You have to be having a laugh mentioning Ian Murray - he was clueless with us - tactically and in signing players. Murray is "doing well" in the lower leagues but has had a very decent assistant and has replaced him with another good one. Let's watch and see his career and see if he makes progress - he was truly terrible for us...  [emoji460]
I felt for Murray with us.
Wrong appointment at the wrong time, but I still think he has potential to be a top manager.

At Saints, he was younger than the core group of players who ruled the roost. I reckon they were as much to blame as him.