Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

On 6/1/2018 at 6:54 PM, YorkshireMackem said:

And the other FA Cup, and the six league titles. Whether you like it or not mate, and even as a Sunderland fan it doesn't feel like it right now, Sunderland are easily in the top 10 biggest clubs in England.

We're shadowed only by the likes of Everton, Spurs, Man United, Liverpool etc..

Have other teams been more successful than us over recent years? Absolutely. Leicester and even Burnley accomplishing wonderful things in recent years but in terms of size of club, there's not many bigger than Sunderland.

I like the cut of your jib young man.

Personally, I like a supporter from another team who is interested in us, and is willing to fight his own corner.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, elvis said:

I watched the Sunderland game yesterday at home to Luton there shite Luton were all over them if they don't get there act together they won't be getting promoted that's a few times now and they haven't impressed me at all. 

He's done some job to have stopped the rot though. The club were dropping like a stone. It was never going to be a case of them absolutely horsing this league. 

If he can get them promoted in any way in his first season it will be a great achievement.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I watched the Sunderland game yesterday at home to Luton there shite Luton were all over them if they don't get there act together they won't be getting promoted that's a few times now and they haven't impressed me at all. 

I didn't watch it Elvis. Nor have I watched any Sunderland game since JR went there.  I'm not knocking those who do,  or who take an interest in how Jar does from now on. I would take more interest if I saw any practical signs of reprocicity other than words from JR.  As he moves up.. And here  will.. Let's see if we benefit from loan deals etc.  Other than that  he is the guy who won the championship and then folded his tent and moved on.  Thanks,  though for the memories. 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, LargsBud said:

He's done some job to have stopped the rot though. The club were dropping like a stone. It was never going to be a case of them absolutely horsing this league. 

If he can get them promoted in any way in his first season it will be a great achievement.

NOt sure the rot would have continued anyway.

Any reasonable manager with Sunderland's resources could make a fist of it in that league. Promotion is the absolute minimum they would expect. JR's real test will be next season should he manage the first objective.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

NOt sure the rot would have continued anyway.

Any reasonable manager with Sunderland's resources could make a fist of it in that league. Promotion is the absolute minimum they would expect. JR's real test will be next season should he manage the first objective.

Agree with this. A club of this size should be having few problems getting out of League One. The biggest difficulty for JR was the rebuilding job needed. 

1 minute ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Agree with this. A club of this size should be having few problems getting out of League One. The biggest difficulty for JR was the rebuilding job needed. 

I suspect that's why Jack felt secure enough  to take such a big job so early in his career. He basically has a full season to learn how to run such a major operation. He's anything but foolish is JR.