Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

4 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Maybe we all need to trust our chairman on this.

It seems to me that the current practice in the media is for one person to start a rumour and then everyone else and their donkey repeats it as though fact.

I am done with this shite until an official announcement has been made by our chairman because this nonsense is a waste of time and energy whether there is any truth in it or not.

Personally I think Jack is too early for moving anywhere and specifically I think he will be a dreadful match for Sunderland but if he goes, he goes. Someone wake me up when Gordon Scott speaks again.

What we've seen on here is regarding Chairmans statement is all false news.  Good bye and good luck Jack. 

Can someone clarify the compensation situation? I don't understand it at all, some of the figures being quoted are shocking! According to most people Jack signed a new contract in February after the Barsnley interest when we were 14 points clear and the league was pretty much over. 

Surely anyone at the club negotiating with Jack Ross on this would be saying 'We'll give you more money but the league is over, we want a clause that means you can't walk away for pennies in the summer.' Win/ Win he gets more money and we get a fair compensation package.

So where is the £50k compensation figure coming from?? If that's true we would of been better not giving him a new contract, saving the extra money we would of been paying him a month and letting him go if a club wated him in the summer for whatever the compensation was in his previous contract. 

I'm not saying this is the case, I'm asking if anyone has any more clarity on this? 

The deal is done between Jack and Sunderland.

Presumably, as we are just a wee diddy club Sunderland didn't care to ask our permission.  I guess they will do that now and make the official announcement as soon as Saints say yes.

This story is currently rather entertaining.

It could be as simple as Tony gives permission and before he can tell Mr Scott (with the daft car) Jack's agreed from his deckchair on Saltcoats beach. 

Anyway what fun.  As it stands the odds are firmly stacked against Jack being our manager by the weekend.   

So onwards and upwards.

What's Iain Munro doing these days?

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Can someone clarify the compensation situation? I don't understand it at all, some of the figures being quoted are shocking! According to most people Jack signed a new contract in February after the Barsnley interest when we were 14 points clear and the league was pretty much over. 

Surely anyone at the club negotiating with Jack Ross on this would be saying 'We'll give you more money but the league is over, we want a clause that means you can't walk away for pennies in the summer.' Win/ Win he gets more money and we get a fair compensation package.

So where is the £50k compensation figure coming from?? If that's true we would of been better not giving him a new contract, saving the extra money we would of been paying him a month and letting him go if a club wated him in the summer for whatever the compensation was in his previous contract. 

I'm not saying this is the case, I'm asking if anyone has any more clarity on this? 

Jack has held all the aces since Dundee came in for him. We upped his wage and he stayed. Then Barnsley came calling when we were on our way to the title - upped his wage and he stayed. There would be no way he would tie himself down to a huge compensation figure when we were the ones desperate for him to sign a new contract and stay.

He has done an incredible job for us, got us back to the top league and galvanised the fanbase. Whenever he goes, he goes with my best wishes, and no hard feelings.

14 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Maybe we all need to trust our chairman on this.

It seems to me that the current practice in the media is for one person to start a rumour and then everyone else and their donkey repeats it as though fact.

I am done with this shite until an official announcement has been made by our chairman because this nonsense is a waste of time and energy whether there is any truth in it or not.

Personally I think Jack is too early for moving anywhere and specifically I think he will be a dreadful match for Sunderland but if he goes, he goes. Someone wake me up when Gordon Scott speaks again.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The absolute clusterf**k here is the amount of absolute shite being posted on hee and in the press by people who dont have the faintest idea what is going on but are happy to pass judgement anyway.

You are right, we need to wait until something official comes out.

Anything else is just mindless wittering pish.

Yeh, because if you haven't seen anything official then obviously nothing can be happening in reality... and no-one should comment on it! :lol:

The deal is done between Jack and Sunderland.
Presumably, as we are just a wee diddy club Sunderland didn't care to ask our permission.  I guess they will do that now and make the official announcement as soon as Saints say yes.

Yeah Jack is gone. Will be official soon enough. We deal with it and move on. Next manager please. COYS

3 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Jack has held all the aces since Dundee came in for him. We upped his wage and he stayed. Then Barnsley came calling when we were on our way to the title - upped his wage and he stayed. There would be no way he would tie himself down to a huge compensation figure when we were the ones desperate for him to sign a new contract and stay.

He has done an incredible job for us, got us back to the top league and galvanised the fanbase. Whenever he goes, he goes with my best wishes, and no hard feelings.

This is my point, I agree with you.

But why would we give him a new contract in February if it didn't offer us any further protection? Surely we'd just say stay on your same contract and go? It doesn't make any sense to get him to sign a new contract that offers us no further protection but gives him more money. If that's the case we'd of been better letting him leave, there's no way the league was being lost after February. 

20 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

So where is the £100k compensation figure coming from?? If that's true we would of been better not giving him a new contract, saving the extra money we would of been paying him a month and letting him go if a club wated him in the summer for whatever the compensation was in his previous contract. 

Me thinks more will come out of this.

Edited by pod

1 minute ago, pod said:

Me thinks more will come out of this.

I hope so, if someone signed-off on a £50k buyout clause and a massive wage increase for Jack Ross with us 14 points clear in February, they deserve to be instantly removed from their contract negotiation position. 

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I hope so, if someone signed-off on a £100k buyout clause and a massive wage increase for Jack Ross with us 14 points clear in February, they deserve to be instantly removed from their contract negotiation position. 

:angry:

25 minutes ago, zico said:

Yeh, because if you haven't seen anything official then obviously nothing can be happening in reality... and no-one should comment on it! :lol:

Hey if you want to indulge in schoolgirl wittering and unsubstantiated gossip then by all means fill yer boots.

I have more important things to do but I understand if this sort of thing is necessary to give you and Drew something to fill your day. That's cool by me.

Just now, athens-saint said:

Skullduggery indeed. 

If Ross has joined Sunderland then Gordon Scott has put on record that he has done this in a dishonest way. 

It would be a disappointing end to Jack`s career at Saints.

Especially after we signed a non-league player yesterday, presumably one that JR endorsed. 

COYS!

Kellerman was endorsed by the head of recruitment, Martin Christie. Fowler says so on the OS piece about Kellerman.

All Sunderland have said is that they'll announce their new man tomorrow. It's random media outlets spouting this with no known source. Nothing from Sunderland, nothing from Jack, nothing from Saints.

Jack didn't sign a new deal in February though, did he?

It was stated we weren't offering a new deal, but that would change in the summer once we have secured promotion.  He only signed a new deal after Dundee came in.

Hey if you want to indulge in schoolgirl wittering and unsubstantiated gossip then by all means fill yer boots.
I have more important things to do but I understand if this sort of thing is necessary to give you and Drew something to fill your day. That's cool by me.

More important things to do? Like reply to my posts? :lol:

You once spent an entire Christmas Day posting on the forum about your work life balance! :lol:

2 minutes ago, athens-saint said:

Skullduggery indeed. 

If Ross has joined Sunderland then Gordon Scott has put on record that he has done this in a dishonest way. 

It would be a disappointing end to Jack`s career at Saints.

Especially after we signed a non-league player yesterday, presumably one that JR endorsed. 

COYS!

So he can snap him up after his two year spell with us and has Priemership experience under his belt.