Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

New fangled internet phone things don’t work when you are cruising across the Atlantic on the new Carnival Horizon from Barcelona to New York. On days when we visited European ports after leaving Barcelona and before the Atlantic crossing, if I was frantically trying to find WiFi to find out about Saint Murrnn... I might have been thrown overboard by my better half somewhere near the Azores.

For me? Jim Goodwin. Why not? The other names I have heard mentioned don’t fill me with anything other than ‘meh’.

Cruising and no internet? The working ships I was on had WiFi granted you paid £10 for a month but it worked . 

1 hour ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

WHO'S CRYING MATE?  It's all about decorum and respect.  Anyone of us are perfectly entitled to go out and better ourselves. With the amount of money thrown at him, yes, he would be mad not to go. It's the bloody way he did it. Jacks legacy is there for all to see. He had the ability to be a really great manager with us. St.Mirren treated Jack Ross well, Jack Ross went behind Saints back to do his dealings. Thanks for the memories, Jack, but it's time for us to move on, you sneaky wee prick!

Aye , well. If you say so. <_<

2 hours ago, DLBud said:

Dry your eyes FFS!

Have you ever applied for a job whilst currently in one? If so, I bet you didn’t look to take one on with less money, benefits and prospects?

He was always leaving this summer. His achievements over the last 18 months virtually guaranteed that and no sensible person should have any qualms about him looking to leverage his stock when its riding high.

Take solace in the fact that we don’t have to face him next year ‘cause he went to a Dundee or Hibs etc.

Good luck Jack. Thanks for everything.

Indeed.

Boo f**king hoo Jack has left us.

I'm just glad that the number one whiny bitch is in the wank tank and I don't have to read his enraged tear stained drivel.:thumbsup

I would also add that a swift appointment is very important now to bring a bit of positivity back and everyone can get behind the new manager. We are St Mirren and NOT "That wee diddy team that Jack Ross used to manage"  A quick appointment and getting on with business will hopefully move the focus away from the understandable feelings of anger and frustration.

8 hours ago, LargsBud said:

So many toys have been thrown out the pram over this point its ridiculous. 

Jack has given us the best 18 months we've had since 99/00. Its been a remarkable turn around from where we were and he will always be a legend for that reason.

Is he leaving in the most courteous ideal manner possible? Probably not but who really gives a f**k?

Surely we must be mature enough to avoid getting upset over the semantics of it all and see the bigger picture. I'm gutted that he's leaving but I'm certainly not losing any sleep over who did or didn't phone who.

That’s fair enough if that’s your view. You are perfectly entitled to it, as I am mine. My view happens to be very simple and threefold.

1. Thanks Jack for the 18 months.

2. After telling the world about the relationship you had with the club, and how they allowed you to do the job just the way you wanted, it is poor form to agree a deal with Sunderland in the manner it appears to have happened.

3. Fcuk Sunderland. Mon the Toon.

Edited by pozbaird

The easiest thing to do in this situation is feel sorry for ourselves after last season's brilliant title win but i prefer to look on the positive side...we're back in the top tier and if we make the right choice for our next manager then we can still progress. Jack is history and i'll be forever grateful for what he did for our club but.... we move on.

Sums it up perfectly for me.

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Cruising and no internet? The working ships I was on had WiFi granted you paid £10 for a month but it worked . 

Most of the newer ships have got excellent wifi now, but you are looking at paying per device, per day, and you need to pay for the whole duration of your trip, so only the likes of Jack Ross could afford it. Keeping it on topic :spud3.

I would also add that a swift appointment is very important now to bring a bit of positivity back and everyone can get behind the new manager. We are St Mirren and NOT "That wee diddy team that Jack Ross used to manage"  A quick appointment and getting on with business will hopefully move the focus away from the understandable feelings of anger and frustration.

Agreed, once again Proud you have it spot on !

Wouldn’t it be something if Jack Ross came in and whisked away any St Mirren player(s) with a derisory 50k and a pat on the head. Post-Bosman, there’s fcuk-all we could do to stop it. I wonder what would happen to the goodwill towardsJack then. My position remains unchanged. Nothing personal, but it’s Sunderland, so fcuk em’. I have been away for a few weeks so haven’t followed the whole story, but is it the case that Sunderland’s new owners did a deal with Jack and Jack agreed to join them BEFORE Sunderland’s new owners had even asked St Mirren for permission to speak to our manager in regard to their vacancy?
If I have picked this up correctly, then fcuk the lot of them, thanks for the last eighteen months Jack, but don’t let the door hit your arse on the way out. If this is NOT the case, and Sunderland / Jack, went about their business properly, then I hold no grudge against Jack, but still, fcuk off you third tier Mackem shite.
Maybe someone can enlighten me if Sunderland and Jack did or did not go about things in the correct manner.
In regard to a new St Mirren manager, has Austin McPhee at Hearts been mentioned as a candidate, or Jim Goodwin? Again, I’ve been out the country for a few weeks so have missed a fair chunk of this unfolding story. I cannot bring myself to wade through the hunners and hunners of posts I’ve missed. B)

The racist is back [emoji30]

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

If it was in any doubt that James Fowler is also going  then doubt no longer.  He is. (more compensation) Thanks James for your part in our Championship Success. 

Did the Titanic have Wi-Fi?

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

If it was in any doubt that James Fowler is also going  then doubt no longer.  He is. (more compensation) Thanks James for your part in our Championship Success. 

There was never any doubt! You were the only poster that really ever mentioned him...

He doesn’t want to be a manager. Done it. Didn’t like it.

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

Thanks Jack and James, for an amazing 18 months, and taking us back to the Premiership. All the best for the future, and I'll be looking for Sunderland's results in the coming months and years.

That is all.

I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in English fitba, however, that aside, I concur.

4 hours ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

WHO'S CRYING MATE?  It's all about decorum and respect.  Anyone of us are perfectly entitled to go out and better ourselves. With the amount of money thrown at him, yes, he would be mad not to go. It's the bloody way he did it. Jacks legacy is there for all to see. He had the ability to be a really great manager with us. St.Mirren treated Jack Ross well, Jack Ross went behind Saints back to do his dealings. Thanks for the memories, Jack, but it's time for us to move on, you sneaky wee prick!

Well said sir

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I would expect Jack Ross to try & sign Stevie Mallan, (Possibly Craig Halkett) & the 7-9 players he wanted for St Mirren some will probably end up at Sunderland too.

I think he'll go for Mallan, but other than that he'll have a budget far bigger than he would've had at Saints. He'd be very foolish to take the same players he was after for us in my opinion. He's expected to win League 1 down there now.

I think he'll go for Mallan, but other than that he'll have a budget far bigger than he would've had at Saints. He'd be very foolish to take the same players he was after for us in my opinion. He's expected to win League 1 down there now.
It's the tried and tested route though take players you are familiar with.

It hasn't always worked well in the past McInnes tried it at Bristol City and they got relegated.

Did Stubbs not try similar at Rotherham too with the same result???

I hope your right Soctty, & as TF must have the list of who Jack wanted & it would be a bit of a kick in the teeth if we missed out on possible players to Sunderland now too.