Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

I for one won't be giving a flying f**k about Sunderland, or how Jack Ross and James Fowler fare there.
I have no absolutely interest in English football, and I now have no interest in Jack Ross' career (albeit I wish him no ill fortune).
St Mirren is all that matter to me.  We've had a blast for the past 18 months, and were always likely to be brought back down to earth. The true test of how the club has progressed will be how well we pick ourselves back up and give a good account in the top league next season.

Drew, I couldn’t agree with you more. That’s it in a nutshell.

Dare I say we’ve been sold down the river once again as a club and fans.
Yes he did a good job, for a year and a half. As did Gus for a darn sight longer.
I can’t get all the gushing for Jack Ross and what he’s done. But that’s only my opinion.
It certainly feels like the feel good factor has been extinguished mighty quickly!
I (and it’s only my opinion) feel quite insulted, as a fan, that the official site feels the need to publish a statement from Jack Ross.
Quite frankly I couldn’t give a monkeys chuff what he has to say. I haven’t or have no intention of reading it. Much like his speech on the pitch at the end of the season. All seems quite shallow now. I understand that this is football now fuelled by money and the circus English football brings.
Not for me and more than at ease being a lifelong Buddie.
My own opinion of the situation and, as we always have, we move to the next chapter of St Mirren rollercoaster.

Arse crack sweat is not what I want to gaze upon when  I attempt to read a thread about my beloved Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co

I don’t mind gazing at my burd’s arse crack sweat anytime of day

Superb gameplay by Gordon Scott in getting Ross / Fowler signed up on longer term contracts last year. The lovely compensation lolly from Sunderland will help to build us an even stronger squad for the really big season ahead.

Picking the correct candidate for the new vacancy is critical. Hopefully the best candidate won't cost us any compensation money.

Neilson ? - NO !!

Hopkin ? - NO !!

Jim MacIntyre ? - Hmm, maybe ?

Looking forward to seeing some interesting, surprising names being touted. For the first time in years the managerial vacancy at St Mirren will be regarded as a plum job.

SMTID......or until a big club comes in offering me wads of cash.

You got the feeling at the stadium that day and at the Bankhouse POTY when Jack did his speech that he was off in the summer.  The guy has got something special about him and is extremely ambitious. he was only recently interviewed saying he wanted to manage scotland and he only been managing for less than 3 years.

Sunderland has got such potential and he really could take that club through the leagues into the premiership in the next 2 or 3 years.

Good luck to Jack and James and thank you for amazing memories over the last 18 months.

Life is too short to be bitter and twisted about things like this and I only wish Jack and James all the best at Sunderland. 

Today I do feel we have lost out on something that felt really special with them leaving but that is life. It will pass and tomorrow I will be over it.

Season ticket will be renewed as always and we will look forward to a brighter future.  I have no doubt we will build on what WE as a support have created too. It's not all down to Jack so plenty to be positive about.

The future is Black and White!

WHO'S CRYING MATE?  It's all about decorum and respect.  Anyone of us are perfectly entitled to go out and better ourselves. With the amount of money thrown at him, yes, he would be mad not to go. It's the bloody way he did it. Jacks legacy is there for all to see. He had the ability to be a really great manager with us. St.Mirren treated Jack Ross well, Jack Ross went behind Saints back to do his dealings. Thanks for the memories, Jack, but it's time for us to move on, you sneaky wee prick!

As I said previously, dry your eyes. It’s football FFS. You’re acting like your bird shagged your best mate and then he wiped his dick on your best curtains.[emoji23]

2 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Wouldn't be surprised if that is just made up or a random guess.

Read one article saying two members of the coaching staff were going with Ross. Fowler will be one, doubt he'd take Langfield and McManus is the youth academy so it'll probably be the analyst or sports scientist. If it's the latter than it will save SMiSA some cash :lol:

Happily take £1m.

If our young talented players go for that fee as a starting point, thats huge progress compared to the last 20 years.

2 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Let's be honest here. £1m for Magennis would be a brilliant piece of business for both clubs. Jack Ross is the one guy who hopefully won't sell the club short of a transfer fee for our most talented player.

3 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

You really think Magennis would go for 3 times what we got for Morgan?

I'm still of the opinion that Ross won't go near any of our players. 

1 Yes...English Club English Transfer Values.. That's where Hamilton and Falkirk got their big bucks for young players. 

2 On what do you base that view? 

2 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

I don't think it's too far outwith the realms. A player's only worth what someone wants to pay. The massive difference between both is that Morgan had 6 months left on his deal, Kyle has two years.

I don't believe there's any truth in it yet but it's not outwith the realms.

I do believe that Jack Ross sees enough in Magennis that he's got the potential to be one of the better midfielders in League one this season and will mature into an even better player with a sell on value in the coming years. He's the only one I can see Jack going for that's still here though. Reckon Mallan, Morgan (if available) and McAllister might be on the list too.

Cammy Smith is excellent but I just can't envisage it. Same with guys like Reilly, Liam Smith, Davis etc.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Superb gameplay by Gordon Scott in getting Ross / Fowler signed up on longer term contracts last year. The lovely compensation lolly from Sunderland will help to build us an even stronger squad for the really big season ahead.

Picking the correct candidate for the new vacancy is critical. Hopefully the best candidate won't cost us any compensation money.

Neilson ? - NO !!

Hopkin ? - NO !!

Jim MacIntyre ? - Hmm, maybe ?

Looking forward to seeing some interesting, surprising names being touted. For the first time in years the managerial vacancy at St Mirren will be regarded as a plum job.

See.....  I would go yes, yes, yes for each of these.  Lambert too. 

Just now, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

1 & 2  I follow English football much more than you, seemingly do, and I'm convinced Sunderland won't spend £1m on Magennis.

No brainer........... I don't follow it at all other than Sunderland.  And........... All the better.  We keep him tillvwe get 1mil. With add one... Sorted

Yes. He is a different player and is younger. There is more potential, Kyle was running games in his first 10-15 appearances while Lewis took a bit longer at an older age. Plus his contract is longer while lewis' was running out 4 months after he left.

2 minutes ago, Abu Dhabi Saints said:

You follow Sunderland? :lol:

Thought you followed Livingston? 

Saints.  Dundee United.  Dunfermline Aye United and Sunderland and attend odd Livviv games. 

Edited by St.Ricky