Isle Of Bute Saint

Sunderland Speak To Jack Ross

McInnes like many in Scotland's top league is good at grinding out results over a season but not so good when his team is expected to take the initiative.
Probably also the reason why no bigger clubs are batter down St. Johnstone's door for their manager.

Back on topic, the upcoming international break could be interesting for Jack Ross.

On 8/10/2019 at 10:42 PM, lenziebud said:

Jack Ross is  a mile away from the sack at Sunderland.  The season has just started and a decent result at Ipswich today. League One is a tough league to get out of for any club.

Having said that I was amazed that Sunderland gave him the job given his experience was League One and Championship in Scotland. Many solid managers in England with a deep knowledge of the English game should have got that job IMO.

Quite a short mile that was then eh mate ha ha

He got lucky, a gamble by Sunderland after a very short term of success in a poor league.

No hard feelings for him, he'll have made a fortune.

6 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Sunderland has been a basket case of a club for years now. Ross will have made a lot of money. Can see him poping up in the championship before getting the bigger deal. Might even go assistant till he gets a gig. 

The sevco fans won't like that.

Jack's mistake was leaving us a year early.Gutted for him but he'll go on to be a big success.Surprised at Fowler hanging about to be caretaker.

Just now, HSS said:

Jack's mistake was leaving us a year early.Gutted for him but he'll go on to be a big success.Surprised at Fowler hanging about to be caretaker.

It's more than unlikely he would have got this gig, or anything close to it, a year later as he'd have been another manager struggling with a provincial club.

He had reached a very high position in the media, never to be seen again probably for a manager of a team in the lower league.

I'm not so sure he'll go on to be a big success, maybe in the lower leagues but we'll see. 

I think he will end up at the sheep
Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen will all most likely have a new manager in next 12 months guaranteed Jack Ross will end up at one of them.

Hearts is my guess seeing as he has been there before.

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen will all most likely have a new manager in next 12 months guaranteed Jack Ross will end up at one of them.

I'd be surprised.

Had success in the 2nd top division in Scotland, failed at Sunderland, not exactly a hot property as I see it.

25 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

I'd be surprised.

Had success in the 2nd top division in Scotland, failed at Sunderland, not exactly a hot property as I see it.

See Derek McInnes. He was a success at St. Johnstone in 2nd tier, shite at Bristol City and still got Aberdeen gig. 

54 minutes ago, HSS said:

There was no mistake about it.

He’s earned a shitload more money in the past year than he’d earn in years with us, so financially he’s in a much better place. Plus the payoff is probably decent too.

One year in the SPL would have ruined any chance of a big move unless he somehow lead us to one of the cups or a Top 6 finish. We were miles off being competitive in that league (5-0 at Partick and 4-1 at Aberdeen showed how far behind we were), of course Stubbs made a hash of that but JR would have required massive changes to give us a fighting chance. It was the perfect time to make this move, because the chances are the opportunity wouldn’t arise again after a difficult season with us in the Prem.

There is no “too early” about it, it was the right move at the right time. 

He fell foul of levein when there previously.
Don't see him getting the gig unless levein and or the physio (er, allegedly) moves on first.

Have to agree with Cornwall above. JR had to take the chance while he was riding high with us, and I agree that he wouldn't have done anything special with us in the Premiership without massive investment which just isn't there. So, no hard feelings to Jack, despite the SMTID on his final message to Saints fans, which I thought was a bit over the top at the time. Only fans should be saying that!

5 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

See Derek McInnes. He was a success at St. Johnstone in 2nd tier, shite at Bristol City and still got Aberdeen gig. 

He managed St Johnstone in the top league didn't he?

Bristol City, he saved them from relegation in the Championship, a league above the league Ross was in, when he went there.

It went pear shaped the next season, getting sacked with a 27% win ratio, agreed, pretty shite at the end of the day, albeit in a higher league than Ross.

Ross also had considerable buying power and Sunderland should have walked that league, they didn't. 

[quote post="1664063" timestamp="1565525423" name="TPAFKATS" userid="536"
Back on topic, the upcoming international break could be interesting for Jack Ross.

Out by one international window

I'd be surprised.
The way I see it Levein, Mcinnes and Neilston all left Scotland as our "best manager" at the time the 3 of them failed miserably but still came back to the biggest jobs outwith the old firm.

Think Ross is still regarded highly up here same as the 3 mentioned above.

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

The way I see it Levein, Mcinnes and Neilston all left Scotland as our "best manager" at the time the 3 of them failed miserably but still came back to the biggest jobs outwith the old firm.

Think Ross is still regarded highly up here same as the 3 mentioned above.

All 3 had managed in the top league, Levein didn't leave Scotland, he went to the Scottish national team.

As for highly thought of, how do you know this?

All 3 had managed in the top league, Levein didn't leave Scotland, he went to the Scottish national team.

As for highly thought of, how do you know this?

Did you read what I wrote? I said I think he is highly regarded up here just an opinion like yours I might be wrong, you might be wrong.

After the transformation at St Mirren he was being mentioned it seemed for every job going add to the Brendan Rodgers "St Mirren were best team he has faced" quote and think he will be high up any list when the Edinburgh clubs and Aberdeen change their manager.

By the way just so you are sure Levein left Hearts to take over at Leicester pretty sure that's not Scotland.