Jack Ross has spoken to ............

Lord Pityme

10 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Not at all. 

Board acted correctly allowing talks to take place

Board have acted to offer improved contract with no doubt more money but also improved compensation terms. 

Meanwhile Daily Record Confirm that Paul McGinn will sign for the buddies.  Work continues behind the scenes.

I dont think you, and several other posters get that the only reason they HAD to let Ross talk to whoever is because he got them to agree such a ludicrously low compo/approach fee for clubs interested in him.

ask yourself? Is the likes of Steve Clarke off in his car every five minutes listening to offers? How about Neil Lennon, Rodgers, McInnes, Levein, Robinson etc.. etc... their clubs have made sure only suitors willing to meet a hefty compo fee will get permission to talk whilst their man is under contract. The board have in my opinion been hoodwinked by Ross's promises of being honourable in a gentleman's agreement. That is no way to run a business, and they have become an easy touch for Ross and his potential suitors.

again for the sake of the charge of the shite brigade... Ross isnt doing anything wrong, its the contract the board have allowed him to have that is seeing anyone and his wife making approaches.

The new regime at Sunderland have had what they term 'notional conversations' with Ross and a couple of other potentials before they concluded the deal to buy the club, hence they did not need to seek permission from SMFC to talk to Ross or any other potential candidates club as at that time they were not in a position to offer the job.

semantics yes! But all above board. Their new man will be in by the weekend, in a debt free club, able to pull in over 30,000 crowds (and more if the new manager/regime deliver) with the biggest budget in that league and half the league above. That would if offered, be an impossible opportunity to turn down for anyone with the drive and single mindedness of Ross.

he's not the only one in the frame, but Sunderland will ensure they dont lose their number one target (whoever that is) to Ipswich or any other club. They are moving with speed and purpose to re-boot the whole club with a budget in place to lose the millionaire non-perfomers in the squad any way it takes.

Bain will be out on his ear, Caldwell, Dempster could be surprise targets for CEO working under Donald & Methven who will be completely hands on.

Deal

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I dont think you, and several other posters get that the only reason they HAD to let Ross talk to whoever is because he got them to agree such a ludicrously low compo/approach fee for clubs interested in him.

ask yourself? Is the likes of Steve Clarke off in his car every five minutes listening to offers? How about Neil Lennon, Rodgers, McInnes, Levein, Robinson etc.. etc... their clubs have made sure only suitors willing to meet a hefty compo fee will get permission to talk whilst their man is under contract. The board have in my opinion been hoodwinked by Ross's promises of being honourable in a gentleman's agreement. That is no way to run a business, and they have become an easy touch for Ross and his potential suitors.

again for the sake of the charge of the shite brigade... Ross isnt doing anything wrong, its the contract the board have allowed him to have that is seeing anyone and his wife making approaches.

Each time the board has offered a contract I am pretty sure that any compensation  figure has been increased and will be increased further if a New Deal is agreed.  The  board will make mistakes.  I don't think this is one of them.  Turn this on its head and look at a position where the club decided,  for whatever reason to sack Jack then the compensation that the club would have to pay would also rise and,  if we went all of the way down your argument,  could be one we couldn't meet.  Like you I think Jack is doing what he should at his stage. The board have now gone as far as they can,  I suspect. 

Just now, St.Ricky said:

Deal

Each time the board has offered a contract I am pretty sure that any compensation  figure has been increased and will be increased further if a New Deal is agreed.  The  board will make mistakes.  I don't think this is one of them.  Turn this on its head and look at a position where the club decided,  for whatever reason to sack Jack then the compensation that the club would have to pay would also rise and,  if we went all of the way down your argument,  could be one we couldn't meet.  Like you I think Jack is doing what he should at his stage. The board have now gone as far as they can,  I suspect. 

Ricky the proof is in the pudding, the compo/approach fee is so low it actually invites clubs to seek an approach. Everyone seems to assume that figure went up dramatically on each of Ross's pay rises, but he's got the board wrapped round his finger and has obviously kept that compo figure low, hence anyone gets approval to talk to him.

again ask yourself why is this not happening at Killie, Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc..? The answer will be because of the contract agreed.

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ricky the proof is in the pudding, the compo/approach fee is so low it actually invites clubs to seek an approach. Everyone seems to assume that figure went up dramatically on each of Ross's pay rises, but he's got the board wrapped round his finger and has obviously kept that compo figure low, hence anyone gets approval to talk to him.

again ask yourself why is this not happening at Killie, Celtic, Hibs, Aberdeen, Motherwell etc..? The answer will be because of the contract agreed.

LPM.  I'm not far away from your position. It's not nice seeing this happen.  I am being pragmatic. I think the board will have hardened their stance now.

Just now, St.Ricky said:

LPM.  I'm not far away from your position. It's not nice seeing this happen.  I am being pragmatic. I think the board will have hardened their stance now.

Another act in this sorry circus to consider is as this drags on other clubs like Livi, maybe Partick might lose their manager, and jump on one or more of the likes of Goody, Neilson etc to fill the gap meaning we could miss out on a decent replacement if this goes on and on with Ross evetually moving.

the club is always bigger than any one individual..! The board should have acknowledged this before now and  given Ross an ultimatum. Saints Come First..! End of.

17 hours ago, DougJamie said:

We can look at things anyway we want , or we can simply troll like you do every post.....

So who are these supporters that think Saints bought trophy. We spent far less than United did? Does that mean Man City, Celtic , Barca, PSG  and Bayern also bought the Trophy?  U see that's the way your mind works....... Ross nearly relegated us- that's good even for you

Mate people like me think ur a totally fanny- but hey that's just my opinion or may a few others share it . I would think the latter...................

See the bit in bold?

Every single one of them undoubtedly did buy anything they won, if not this year then over the long haul.

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Another act in this sorry circus to consider is as this drags on other clubs like Livi, maybe Partick might lose their manager, and jump on one or more of the likes of Goody, Neilson etc to fill the gap meaning we could miss out on a decent replacement if this goes on and on with Ross evetually moving.

the club is always bigger than any one individual..! The board should have acknowledged this before now and  given Ross an ultimatum. Saints Come First..! End of.

Dont just like this stance Ricky, get it posted all over the forum!

its time for the board to tell Ross SMFC come first! Commit or walk, theres a job needs doing here, if you dont want it then say so, and we'll thank you for last season and your endeavours.

1 minute ago, beyond our ken said:

See the bit in bold?

Every single one of them undoubtedly did buy anything they won, if not this year then over the long haul.

The basic equation is...... Resources+ Manager(s)+Players.  Led by the board. 

Resources decide who you can afford as a manager and which players you can sign. 

There will always be short term blips but as BOK says over the long haul this correlation holds true. 

6 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

See the bit in bold?

Yes mate I know, they did, however is that buying trophies or investing in your club ?

In my book its investing in success, not just hoping it happens

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

its time for the board to tell Ross SMFC come first! Commit or walk, theres a job needs doing here, if you dont want it then say so, and we'll thank you for last season and your endeavours.

LPM

I started a thread asking What do you expect of the board.  

It's still there.  Some people posted views similar to these,  some ridiculed the question for being asked. 

Just checking the calendar here- Its the 22nd of May. The Scottish season 2017-2018 ended 2 days ago..........................

So what exactly is Jack meant to be doing today- signing 10 players?

Jack has done this close season not open............

Change the record for Gods Sake

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Just checking the calendar here- Its the 22nd of May. The Scottish season 2017-2018 ended 2 days ago..........................

So what exactly is Jack meant to be doing today- signing 10 players?

Jack has done this close season not open............

Change the record for Gods Sake

Just for one minute think about the club that is St Mirren!

if Ross doesnt get the Ipswich, or Sunderland jobs you could easily be looking at another half dozen suitors seeking to talk to him before Christmas. Can the club functions effectively if this goes on and on..?

Saints Come First... S.C.F.

Just for one minute think about the club that is St Mirren!

if Ross doesnt get the Ipswich, or Sunderland jobs you could easily be looking at another half dozen suitors seeking to talk to him before Christmas. Can the club functions effectively if this goes on and on..?

Saints Come First... S.C.F.

I do think about St Mirren, and I also think what the club was like pre Jack . Its quite a different place isn't it

Give the guy respect and our BOD credit........................

We are St Mirren not Jack Ross FC, mind u what he has done has firmly put us back on map

18 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

The irony of both you and Basil going al the way into the Sin Bin to abuse posters wont be lost on everyone.

Aye that's what we've done. Should we just aim our abuse at the club and Jack Ross as you seem to do oh so often? 

18 hours ago, shull said:

The abusers list is long. 

Poz. Drew, Bazil85, DougJamie and many more. 

All condoned by Div. 

Does LPM not join that list for calling our manager a Fluffer? :lol:

I agree that being critical of the club when deserved is absolutely fine. In the case of LPM it's almost as if the club, Jack Ross and others associated with the club only deserve the criticism. He's never said anything positive.

13 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

How weak, clueless and lacking in any leadership do our board look again today?

for the third or fourth time Ross plays them and because they haven't tied him to anything of substance all they can do is offer him more money. It appears the manager runs the club, and the board do as he pleases. The next manager knows now how easy it is to get pay rise after pay rise.

By delivering success you mean? :huh: I can't believe there's actual St Mirren fans being negative about this. Getting a payrise for doing well and having us in a bigger, wealthier league.

Hang the witch! What manager on the planet would do such a thing... Well apart from every single one of them :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Classy Shull

Respecting your fellow posters eh ?

I am indeed.

Only retaliate after the constant shite abuse from you in the last month. 

You're like Pozbaird. 

You love to dish it out but cannae take it. 

Now feck off. 

Just now, shull said:

I am indeed.

Only retaliate after the constant shite abuse from you in the last month. 

You're like Pozbaird. 

You love to dish it out but cannae take it. 

Now feck off. 

Except I don't lower my language to your levels...... anyway once again Enjoy your cage . :P

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I agree that being critical of the club when deserved is absolutely fine. In the case of LPM it's almost as if the club, Jack Ross and others associated with the club only deserve the criticism. He's never said anything positive.

LPM backs up every criticism of our Club. Why does he have to be positive if the Club are making a cnut of it ? 

Ross gives Sammy a new Contract. 

Let's rejoice. 

Naw, feck off. 

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

LPM says plenty positive, only you and others deliberately skim those posts and make no comment. 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Two major points you are maybe chosing to ignore with the comparison of those managers/clubs situation.

1) Those were all PL clubs at the time of those contract negotiations and will have substantially greater finances and bargaining power than us when offering their manager a contract.

2) None of those managers won manager of the year and arguably done as good a job as Jack this year. The manager of the year accolade has definitely increased his profile out with Scotland IMO. If Sunderland or Ipswich wanted Robinson/Lennon/Clarke they would be coming in for them. They aren't being put off by any potential comp package. The man they are interested in is Jack, not them.