Jack Ross has spoken to ............

Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, shull said:

LPM backs up every criticism of our Club. Why does he have to be positive if the Club are making a cnut of it ? 

Ross gives Sammy a new Contract. 

Let's rejoice. 

Naw, feck off. 

That's a matter of opinion, can choose to take it that way or make negative comments because you disagree. Jack Ross has earned the right to make that call, based on his clear managerial ability. 

I don't remember seeing a single positive comment from LPM. 

As for backing up his criticism, you mean like how he backed up St Mirren and SMISA breaking the law recently?

Or backed up that JR is clearly a 'fluffer' to who Ipswich really wants? 

Or that Jim Goodwin is a more successful manager than Jack Ross?

Or that SMISA memberships have fallen sharply directly because of the £50k vote?

The vast majority of his comments are not backed by fact, they are from a completely pessimistic, negative perception of SMFC, our manager and background staff. 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Dont just like this stance Ricky, get it posted all over the forum!

its time for the board to tell Ross SMFC come first! Commit or walk, theres a job needs doing here, if you dont want it then say so, and we'll thank you for last season and your endeavours.

Walk away from his contract into potential unemployment when he is in a secure well paid role. You realise how rediculous that is?:lol:

One - Why would Jack agree to that? 

Two - If he get's offered the job he could say 'okay I'll walk' We lose out on compensation.

Three - It also shows your clear lack of the law (like that was ever in any doubt) us telling him to commit or walk would be illegal. If he went to an employment tribunial, unfair/ wrongful dismissal would be proved in a heartbeat.

'Did you feel forced out of your last job Mr Ross?' 'Well they told me to commit or walk.' Case closed. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Walk away from his contract into potential unemployment when he is in a secure well paid role. You realise how rediculous that is?:lol:

Two - If he get's offered the job he could say 'okay I'll walk' We lose out on compensation.

Three - It also shows your clear lack of the law (like that was ever in any doubt) us telling him to commit or walk would be illegal. If he went to an employment tribunial, unfair/ wrongful dismissal would be proved in a heartbeat.

'Did you feel forced out of your last job Mr Ross?' 'Well they told me to commit or walk.' Case closed. 

Just to be clear....my stance is that I think we are in a great place just now. As to JR. I hope he stays. If he's going, then go quickly. The Board.. Are now at the right place. Both compensation and contract law issues are ones I agree with. Does the uncertainty  rain on our parade a bit? Yes. Will it stop me renewing my season ticket? No. Both Jack and the club have acted correctly. I like the approach where we make 1 new contract offer to Jack. That contract will suit Saints, I have no doubt of that. Will it suit Jack? We will have to wait and see. 

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

That's a matter of opinion, can choose to take it that way or make negative comments because you disagree. Jack Ross has earned the right to make that call, based on his clear managerial ability. 

I don't remember seeing a single positive comment from LPM. 

As for backing up his criticism, you mean like how he backed up St Mirren and SMISA breaking the law recently?

Or backed up that JR is clearly a 'fluffer' to who Ipswich really wants? 

Or that Jim Goodwin is a more successful manager than Jack Ross?

Or that SMISA memberships have fallen sharply directly because of the £50k vote?

The vast majority of his comments are not backed by fact, they are from a completely pessimistic, negative perception of SMFC, our manager and background staff. 

Jings 

ZZzzzzzzzzzzz 

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Baz- Think of Berlin 1988- A very large thick Bricked Wall- U cant make sense out of the nonsense that the so called fans  are spouting .................... They will self implode shortly .

If Jack stays and we lose our first match they will call for him to be sacked................ u wont see any of them in a queue in Greenhill Road today

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Just to be clear....my stance is that I think we are in a great place just now. As to JR. I hope he stays. If he's going, then go quickly. The Board.. Are now at the right place. Both compensation and contract law issues are ones I agree with. Does the uncertainty  rain on our parade a bit? Yes. Will it stop me renewing my season ticket? No. Both Jack and the club have acted correctly. I like the approach where we make 1 new contract offer to Jack. That contract will suit Saints, I have no doubt of that. Will it suit Jack? We will have to wait and see. 

Yes I agree. My point is people saying ‘St Mirren come first’ and ‘he needs to make up his mind quickly’ 

no one is saying what we should do if Jack Ross simply says ‘no, i’ll Take as much time as I need to make my decision’ or ‘no I won’t sign a new contract because I want to keep my options open’

both are well with his right and some fans on here should be ashamed at themselves for even suggesting we have the right to push a man to make a life changing decision. Jack Ross decision should only be when he is ready to make it after talking with his family and considering all prospects. 

The other hilarious things about the ‘St Mirren come first’ and ‘hurry Jack Ross’ comments are he doesn’t appear to have a decision to make yet because no one as far as media and clubs can tell has offered him a job. 

People are so fast to make these comments, yet to see a single post of what we should do if Jack simply says no. We can only be patient, he holds all the cards. 

2 minutes ago, shull said:

Ban the boring novelists from the Sin Bin. 

It's dragging it down into the gutter. 

Let's have Super Fun in Ra Bin. 

I am afraid we still have our privileges , so we have freedom of post....... when you get out in 2019 you to will have it 

3 minutes ago, shull said:

Ban the boring novelists from the Sin Bin. 

It's dragging it down into the gutter. 

Let's have Super Fun in Ra Bin. 

Oh I forgot you don’t like posts over 200 characters regardless of how much they disprove your point... haha 

26 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I am afraid we still have our privileges , so we have freedom of post....... when you get out in 2019 you to will have it 

Got to admit that I miss Shull from the main forum. Some others,  not so much.

There seems to be an awful lot of people on here think that Ipswich, Sunderland, Barnsley, Dundee and Jack Ross's needs come before that of the club they say they support.

ask yourself... which other club is this happening at? None! The manager at those clubs is in a contract that has a hefty compo clause meaning not every Tom Dick or Harry will pony up to talk to him. Add to that any decent manager worth his salt sees out his contract(unless he's bumped and gets paid off) then moves to another club. Ffs Ross has signed three contracts now and he can still walk for toffee!

the club should make a public statement that says they have told Ross he must either accept the offer on the table, or move to one of his suitors by the weekend as the club comes first and needs to move on for a big season ahead. In short he either commits to the club and support or moves on. What other club is waiting for two, maybe three other clubs to decice what they are doing first, before sorting themselves out.?

Edited by Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

There seems to be an awful lot of people on here think that Ipswich, Sunderland, Barnsley, Dundee and Jack Ross's needs come before that of the club they say they support.

ask yourself... which other club is this happening at? None! The manager is in a contract that has a hefty compo clause meaning not every Tom Dick or Harry will pony up to talk to him. Add to that any decent manager worth his salt sees out his contract(unless he's bumped and gets paid off) then moves to another club. Ffs Ross has signed three contracts now and he can still walk for toffee!

the club should make a public statement that says they have told Ross he must either accept the offer on the table, or move to one of his suitors by the weekend as the club comes first and needs to move on for a big season ahead. In short he either commits to the club and support or moves on. What other club is waiting for two, maybe three other clubs to decice what they are doing first, before sorting themselves out.?

You really don’t get it. No other manager in Scotland is the managers choice manager of the year. Hopkins is being linked to at least three clubs and doing the same as Jack. Your point is redundant. 

I’ve asked you this before and you still fail to answer. If the club gives that ultimatum to Jack Ross and Ross simply says ‘nope I won’t decide by the weekend i’ll take my own time’ then what? The club is powerless. 

Edited by bazil85

3 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

First you say

The manager is in a contract that has a hefty compo clause meaning not every Tom Dick or Harry will pony up to talk to him.

Then you say

Ffs Ross has signed three contracts now and he can still walk for toffee!

Please make your mind up. emoji23.png

Sorry didnt realise you didnt do different sentences as everyone else seems to know i was talking about the other clubs ref the hefty compo,  not ours!

3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

So according to you then, every other club has a hefty compo clause in their managers contract.

Every other as we were to ask ourselves.. which other club is this happening at? None!

Every other. Not just some but every other.

Didn't know we had someone posting that knew what clauses were in every managers contract. emoji848.png

So pray tell what other Scottish clubs is the contracted manager constantly taking interviews with suitors?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So are you basically saying you don’t have an answer to what we do if the club follow your advice, give the gaffer an ultimatum and he simply says ‘no, i’ll Make my mind up when I want’? 

cool thought so. Back to the real world where we have to sit and wait on what happens.