Jack Ross has spoken to ............

Lord Pityme

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

You have a point there LPM

He doesn’t, This is the price of success. No other manager in Scotland has two manager of year awards apart from Rodgers who was linked to Arsenal and West Ham. The only way round this is to have a manager no one wants.

also Lennon is linked to Sunderland as well and Derby, Mciness  was linked to Rangers and Sunderland. This isn’t just the radical Jack Ross only show. He just hates our manager and club. 

Does anyone genuinely think there is another manager on the planet that if in the same situation wouldn’t be doing something very similar to Ross? 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

He doesn’t, This is the price of success. No other manager in Scotland has two manager of year awards apart from Rodgers who was linked to Arsenal and West Ham. The only way round this is to have a manager no one wants.

also Lennon is linked to Sunderland as well and Derby, Mciness  was linked to Rangers and Sunderland. This isn’t just the radical Jack Ross only show. He just hates our manager and club. 

Does anyone genuinely think there is another manager on the planet that if in the same situation wouldn’t be doing something very similar to Ross? 

Bazl. I am of the same opinion as you on this but it doesn't mean that every point that LPM makes about it is wrong. He's certainly right when he says that he would like our present predicament to end soon.  Wouldn't we all,  whilst accepting the points you have made and which I support. How is a different matter and I disagree with LPM on that and other aspects  of this, where again,  I take your view. I 

4 hours ago, elvis said:

So this will be another job that Jack  will be going for an Interview for. 

Doubt he'll be interviewed for it - same as he's not been interviewed for the Sunderland job. He might well apply for it though, then phone the club to check they've received his application and then his agent will tell everyone "Jack has spoken to Derby" :rolleyes: 

9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Bazl. I am of the same opinion as you on this but it doesn't mean that every point that LPM makes about it is wrong. He's certainly right when he says that he would like our present predicament to end soon.  Wouldn't we all,  whilst accepting the points you have made and which I support. How is a different matter and I disagree with LPM on that and other aspects  of this, where again,  I take your view. I 

I would say wanting the situation to end soon isn’t a matter of right and wrong. Of course we all would want it to. The right or wrong relates to ending the situation and as I’ve pointed out we have absolutely no control over it. So him banging on about ultimatums is simply wrong. 

4 hours ago, StuD said:

Doubt he'll be interviewed for it - same as he's not been interviewed for the Sunderland job. He might well apply for it though, then phone the club to check they've received his application and then his agent will tell everyone "Jack has spoken to Derby" :rolleyes: 

Very pessimist assumption of our boss Stuart. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I would say wanting the situation to end soon isn’t a matter of right and wrong. Of course we all would want it to. The right or wrong relates to ending the situation and as I’ve pointed out we have absolutely no control over it. So him banging on about ultimatums is simply wrong. 

Again,  I agree.  

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Very pessimist assumption of our boss Stuart. 

An accurate one though Bazil. At least it has been so far. Ross has done well at St Mirren, I hope and believe he'll still be at St Mirren in August unless Brian Caldwell fancies replacing Hurst with Ross. But some of the rubbish being written about him needs addressing. Seriously clubs like Sunderland have no scope for a manager that gets more than 50% of his signings so wrong, and who's contact list saw him sending out a LinkedIn appeal for players.

11 minutes ago, StuD said:

An accurate one though Bazil. At least it has been so far. Ross has done well at St Mirren, I hope and believe he'll still be at St Mirren in August unless Brian Caldwell fancies replacing Hurst with Ross. But some of the rubbish being written about him needs addressing. Seriously clubs like Sunderland have no scope for a manager that gets more than 50% of his signings so wrong, and who's contact list saw him sending out a LinkedIn appeal for players.

Not sure how you can say it's accurate. Do you know something we don't? As far as has been made public, he could have been interviewed, they could want him and he's thinking it over, they're waiting for him to come back. These are all just as possible as your assumption. Which IMO is a needlessly negative one. 

As for the rest of your dressing down of our manager. Jack Ross won two MOTY awards, one by his peers. Your post is hinting at him not being as good as the other managers linked to the job which is simply wrong. I have no idea why a St Mirren fan would be so negative about our manager, when you can see the names he's up against. 

For one, there's nothing wrong with Linkedin, it's something I'm sure will be used in the future like for millions of businesses, it seemed to work seeing as the players he brought in January completed a great escape and for a considerable part of the end of the season were the most inform team, so what exactly is your issue with it? It's effectiveness? 

Looking at the managers linked:

Rae absolutely nothing I need to say about him, lets be honest.

Lennon, he failed miserably at Bolton, a team at a similar level. He'd of loved a 50% hit rate on signings, did okay this season to get 4th... With a team that had the 5th biggest budget

Coleman has already failed in the role if we take LPM logic on JR getting Alloa relegated (as hilarious as that is)

Mick McCarthy good pedigree but has moved Ipswich backwards in last five years,

Michael Appleton doesn't have the most glittering CV and limited recent managerial experience and success. 

Are you saying all or at least most of these names are a better fit than the manager of the team you support? A team that's won their (much more competitve) league by a bigger margin than Celtic? And you base that assumption on Linkedin and an alleged 50% (given the number of players he signed, I'm assuming you realised he knew they wouldn't all be able to play/ break in like pretty much any manager at this level) signing failure... Curious 

38 minutes ago, StuD said:

After writting that big long message it looks like I could of just held off five minutes to prove this isn't accurate :rolleyes:

Cheerio Jack, glad your gone. 

Giving Samson an extension to his contract should have had you sacked on the spot. 

At least we'll get some compensation. 

But unfortunately, we have a poor goalkeeper, as Ross's legacy for the next 2 years. 

Hopefully, our new Boss, Goody I hope, will get rid of Samson pronto. 

Now perhaps some posters will accept Ross has had the board tied round his little finger getting them to give him  a shocking compo clause of £50k..... yet another piss poor return on investment.

that said looking forward to a few games at the SoL next season, I wonder if all those posters who were going to take in Ipswich games will be heading to Sunderland as well..?

ok.. who's up next for a shitty contract (for the club)  to become manager?

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

I expect with the pace f change at Sunderland they will be contactiing SMFC imminently, and wiring the £50k to the account of their choice. Looks like a "flyer" has been pulled by the SAFC team ti make sure they get their man without entering an agent/current club created bidding war.

Assuming the reports are true,  then it would look that way. Being pragmatic about it,  we would get the money that would fall due,  perhaps enhanced.  Wouldn't be the cleanest way For JR to go but that's life.  

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I expect with the pace f change at Sunderland they will be contactiing SMFC imminently, and wiring the £50k to the account of their choice. Looks like a "flyer" has been pulled by the SAFC team ti make sure they get their man without entering an agent/current club created bidding war.

May as well wire the 50k to Samson's Account. 

Jack's last pish act and legacy. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Assuming the reports are true,  then it would look that way. Being pragmatic about it,  we would get the money that would fall due,  perhaps enhanced.  Wouldn't be the cleanest way For JR to go but that's life.  

Ricky smfc will whine and plead but will end up with £50k and be looking for a new manager by close of play, weekend at the latest when Ross is back to sign on the dotted line at the SoL. Done deal,