Jack Ross has spoken to ............

Lord Pityme

16 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Logic would point to it being true as it will have been based on 6-12 months of basic Salary.  So if Ross was on at his third pay rise £50 - £100k then its probably six months worth of that....

in reality, what manager feeling he is/will be in demand would agree a compo clause for several times annual basic? It would put off suitors, and wouldnt be a realistic level of compo against the cost of replacing someone on the same wages. T.I.S. This Is St Mirren, we are well known as a club to get a goid deal out of for transfers etc...

I think it's either that or someone has been spinning lies about a new contract in February. Nothing offical came from the club.

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Tony has came out and said no contract was signed in February apparently. 

You dont have to sign an improvement i.e. Higher wages, and given the level of compo it probably backs up there wasnt a complete new contract offered/accepted.

if our board had any brains they would have offered a new contract, agreed Ross's compo clause, but insisted on their new clause if he whores himself around whilst on holiday again the compo fee is trebled! C'mon a bit of light in the shade lol.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

You dont have to sign an improvement i.e. Higher wages, and given the level of compo it probably backs up there wasnt a complete new contract offered/accepted.

if our board had any brains they would have offered a new contract, agreed Ross's compo clause, but insisted on their new clause if he whores himself around whilst on holiday again the compo fee is trebled! C'mon a bit of light in the shade lol.

You do, in contract law, he would of had to sign to the change in terms. What Jack Ross was making in January was the same as what he was making in March- May. Same goes for the compensation. Would of been great if he signed a new deal that protected us more but I can see his point in not doing it.