Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Lord Pityme

Jack Ross has spoken to ............

Recommended Posts


5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

This might help merge the myriad of threads on who Ross is speaking to at any given moment.....

he's never been short of front, especially when engineering pay rises, bonuses etc. And it looks like he's whoring himself to the highest bidder daan saaf. All of which he is perfectly entitled to do, (family to support, opportunities etc). Perhaps this tawdry, unsettling circus the club and support are being put through will help enlighten some to the type of animal Ross is?

ambition at any cost, say whatever people want to hear, but completely focused on getting what Jack wants. Remember all those assurances over the last twelve months that 'I'm building something here' followed up Tony F and the chairman telling us he's going nowhere???

if only they'd asked Jack? Then again he'd simply tell them what they wanted to hear, and jump in his car off to another interview.

Another load of garbage from our resident St Mirren/ Jack Ross/ SMISA hater. 

Name one manager that wouldn't talk to a club willing to offer him more money? Or wouldn't get the best financial deal for himself... In fact name one employee that wouldn't do this. 

'I'm building something here' followed up Tony F and the chairman telling us he's going nowhere'

Do you see much chat from managers/ directors that say 'Aye I'm leaving as soon as I get more money.' 'Yeah we'll patch him when we can.' These kind of comments are nothing unique to Jack Ross or St Mirren, they happen all the time. It's just clear you don't like him for unknown reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

"Three successful seasons"???

six months getting Alloa relegated, almost relegating us, and winning the championship. I think any neutral obsever would call that one successful season. And as i said he is entitled to talk, negotiate whith whoever he wants. But all that pony after winning the league about 'having something to build here" and "this club is a good fit for me" possibly said hands free, over a phone interview as he sped down the motorway to his next interview is what is sticking in the craw of even his most fervent supporters on here.

he could have been honest and said, "yes i am ambitious, who knows in football when an offer comes along you have to take". Then he would have maintained decency and had at least my respect. Instead the club after having a successful season, turning over a large part of the squad again is in limbo, cant plan, cant recruit, cant it seems even persuade players who previously said they wanted to stay, to re-sign..!

be interesting to see how many are still in love with Ross if Davis, Reilly and any others end up in At his next club?

edit: have seen a few posters suggesting the club will pick up a hefty compensation package if Ross goes. Thing is I doubt very much given the hoops Ross got the board to jump through this last twelve months with wage rise after wage rise, that he will have agreed for a sizeable compo clause to go in his contract that might scare off potential suitors?

T. i. S. (This Is St Mirren) Ricky, we are bargain basement sellers, look at Morgan, Mallan, Mc Allister & Naismith... all sold on at modest fees, all under this board and manager!

First season at Alloa can't be counted as anything, they were more or less down. Sir Alex himself wouldn't of saved them. Second season, he pulled a club back from the brink with a very poor squad to Championship survival, with some great signings. Not sure if you were at the Hibs game when we secured our Championship status but everyone was celebrating the great escape, if you don't think that's a successful season for him (as in his target when he came in was to keep us in the league) then you're just wrong. 

As for this season, does it stick in your throat he did well? You must of been so angry at us winning promotion :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Honestly , this is meant to be a fans forum- between LPM and StuDick its anything but............. in case you moaners didn't know, Jack Ross got us promoted a year after Jack Ross saved us from a fate ala Raith Rovers.................. all this is conveniently forgotten, and now Jack is "whoring himself" - that statement doesn't just disrespect Jack, but also everything that he and his team have achieved   in the last 2 years.................... and the thousands of fans who follow our great wee club

St Mirren is our club, and it will always be here, but thanks to Jack and the new BOD its going to play Celtic next year, not Montrose . Its going to generate millions not hundreds of thousands.

I have no problem with discussion and different views, but this trolling is becoming boring. Players develop and move on, so do managers. If Jack leaves, he leaves with my thanks, for pretty much saving my beloved club. If he gets a big gig, then he deserves it.................

I personally hope you trollers get banned from polluting your Anti Saints agenda on every post. 

 

We can look at things how we choose to. In Ross's first season he almost relegated us, we survived by a goal. Now if you choose to call that successful and ignore the string of losses, poor performances, dud signings etc  he presided over thats your choice. He took us down to darker places before this winning season. Its right to judge people on their overall performance.

as a side note their are supporters of a number of championship clubs who feel Ross basically bought the title, and when player wages are recorded in the next accounts I am sure we will be the either top or second biggest spenders for this seadon gone.

people like you actually asking like a spoiled child for people with differing opinions to be banned really sums you up to a tee. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

First season at Alloa can't be counted as anything, they were more or less down. Sir Alex himself wouldn't of saved them. Second season, he pulled a club back from the brink with a very poor squad to Championship survival, with some great signings. Not sure if you were at the Hibs game when we secured our Championship status but everyone was celebrating the great escape, if you don't think that's a successful season for him (as in his target when he came in was to keep us in the league) then you're just wrong. 

As for this season, does it stick in your throat he did well? You must of been so angry at us winning promotion :lol:

Now this guy is a troll!

continually following me around with his only objective being trying to start trouble with inciting posts. It must make him seethe that i dont bite... ha..ha.. keep it up Basil theres no chance you'll get sin-binned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

We can look at things how we choose to. In Ross's first season he almost relegated us, we survived by a goal. Now if you choose to call that successful and ignore the string of losses, poor performances, dud signings etc  he presided over thats your choice. He took us down to darker places before this winning season. Its right to judge people on their overall performance.

as a side note their are supporters of a number of championship clubs who feel Ross basically bought the title, and when player wages are recorded in the next accounts I am sure we will be the either top or second biggest spenders for this seadon gone.

people like you actually asking like a spoiled child for people with differing opinions to be banned really sums you up to a tee. 

LPM. 

Much of what you say makes sense. 

There was a very fine line between success and failure in his first season.... But... We did succeed. 

I accept that we stepped up our wage bill significantly but what's new......Astute selling and signings then kicked in and the title was one by a wide margin. 

As for your right to express your views.... Agree. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Now this guy is a troll!

continually following me around with his only objective being trying to start trouble with inciting posts. It must make him seethe that i dont bite... ha..ha.. keep it up Basil theres no chance you'll get sin-binned.

I'm the troll... From the guy that constantly puts down our club and manager? I'm the troll for defending our double award, league winning manager from a guy that's called Jack Ross every name under the sun as well as calling into question his integrity and achievements... I'm the troll? :lol::lol::lol:

If defending our club and manager from Mr Moan himself makes me a troll, then troll I am. :rolleyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

We can look at things how we choose to. In Ross's first season he almost relegated us, we survived by a goal. Now if you choose to call that successful and ignore the string of losses, poor performances, dud signings etc  he presided over thats your choice. He took us down to darker places before this winning season. Its right to judge people on their overall performance.

as a side note their are supporters of a number of championship clubs who feel Ross basically bought the title, and when player wages are recorded in the next accounts I am sure we will be the either top or second biggest spenders for this seadon gone.

people like you actually asking like a spoiled child for people with differing opinions to be banned really sums you up to a tee. 

We can look at things anyway we want , or we can simply troll like you do every post.....

So who are these supporters that think Saints bought trophy. We spent far less than United did? Does that mean Man City, Celtic , Barca, PSG  and Bayern also bought the Trophy?  U see that's the way your mind works....... Ross nearly relegated us- that's good even for you

Mate people like me think ur a totally fanny- but hey that's just my opinion or may a few others share it . I would think the latter...................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I'm the troll... From the guy that constantly puts down our club and manager? I'm the troll for defending our double award, league winning manager from a guy that's called Jack Ross every name under the sun as well as calling into question his integrity and achievements... I'm the troll? :lol::lol::lol:

If defending our club and manager from Mr Moan himself makes me a troll, then troll I am:rolleyes:

See told yous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Now this guy is a troll!

continually following me around with his only objective being trying to start trouble with inciting posts. It must make him seethe that i dont bite... ha..ha.. keep it up Basil theres no chance you'll get sin-binned.

Well u must have bitten at some point if your a Sinner- or maybe it just constant troll after troll that got you there................. Few others in there I don't get, but u I do

I promise to be respectful to all Saints followers views, but you don't qualify on that score, you need to support Saints..... Enjoy prison :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Well u must have bitten at some point if your a Sinner- or maybe it just constant troll after troll that got you there................. Few others in there I don't get, but u I do

I promise to be respectful to all Saints followers views, but you don't qualify on that score, you need to support Saints..... Enjoy prison :lol:

The irony of both you and Basil going al the way into the Sin Bin to abuse posters wont be lost on everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I'm the troll... From the guy that constantly puts down our club and manager? I'm the troll for defending our double award, league winning manager from a guy that's called Jack Ross every name under the sun as well as calling into question his integrity and achievements... I'm the troll? :lol::lol::lol:

If defending our club and manager from Mr Moan himself makes me a troll, then troll I am. :rolleyes:

Fans are entitled to criticise the Club if it's deserved .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Answer to that FAS is No its not. the Sin Bin should be there for blatant Trolling. However Stu D,was booted out of this forum, now he is back in, same agenda.

Anyway when you getting out?

Do u not want to go the Shull " Undertaker " route...... Maybe you could be another famous wrestler - How about Big Daddy :P

I don't blame Shull for resurrecting his team of friends.

It's a way of continuing to use the forum when this shit idea, mainly a personal vendetta between Div and LPM, solves nothing.

When am I getting out....................who knows. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Answer to that FAS is No its not. the Sin Bin should be there for blatant Trolling. However Stu D,was booted out of this forum, now he is back in, same agenda.

Anyway when you getting out?

Do u not want to go the Shull " Undertaker " route...... Maybe you could be another famous wrestler - How about Big Daddy :P

The issue is clouded by the amount of people who only respond, directly or indirectly, to Stu D & LPM.

Who's trolling who? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How weak, clueless and lacking in any leadership do our board look again today?

for the third or fourth time Ross plays them and because they haven't tied him to anything of substance all they can do is offer him more money. It appears the manager runs the club, and the board do as he pleases. The next manager knows now how easy it is to get pay rise after pay rise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

How weak, clueless and lacking in any leadership do our board look again today?

for the third or fourth time Ross plays them and because they haven't tied him to anything of substance all they can do is offer him more money. It appears the manager runs the club, and the board do as he pleases. The next manager knows now how easy it is to get pay rise after pay rise.

Not at all. 

Board acted correctly allowing talks to take place

Board have acted to offer improved contract with no doubt more money but also improved compensation terms. 

Meanwhile Daily Record Confirm that Paul McGinn will sign for the buddies.  Work continues behind the scenes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

LPM

I said he is good at PR.  That served us well in the time he has been with us.  He's good with the media and attracted more attention to the club (and himself).  This is part and parcel of a top managers job these days and Fergie was excellent at it in years gone by... The megaphone years.  Need to agree to differ with you on how successful he has been. On the compensation front,  this is important.  As you say this is St Mirren.  Every penny is still a prisoner. I agree..... The uncertainty at this time is not at all helpful.  But.. I won't jump on any bandwagon to slag Jack.  I am looking to the board for some sign of leadership.  I think that needs to come from Gordon.  As to players going for low fees. I'd like them to have been higher but the money they brought in allowed the club and Jack to bring in the players to deal the Championship.  Not bad business. Let's hope this is resolved soon. 

Do you know what Ricky, this is one of the things I never get. Why is it today that a managers PR is important? 

One of my favourite managers of all time was Jim Clunie. He was a gruff, grumpy shite on the radio but he was a brilliant manager who took St Mirren to their highest league position ever. I loved Tom Hendrie. His press interviews were hilarious but he was never going to win friends amongst journalists. And Alex Smith had one of the dullest most monotone voices stuttering through every media interview yet he's the legend that delivered the only Scottish Cup success in my lifetime. And whilst Fergie often used the press making friends with journalists was never his top priority during his career either. 

Tony Fitzpatrick was great on the radio - shite as a manager though. John Coughlin was a nice guy, open and honest with those who'd interview him - clueless as a football manager. Ian Murray, Alex Rae, both good value in an interview and comfortable with a mic - shite in the dressing room. 

I'd much rather have a gruff grumpy bastard who can get a football team playing, than some slick greasy gaffer who knows all the right cliches. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StuD said:

Do you know what Ricky, this is one of the things I never get. Why is it today that a managers PR is important? 

One of my favourite managers of all time was Jim Clunie. He was a gruff, grumpy shite on the radio but he was a brilliant manager who took St Mirren to their highest league position ever. I loved Tom Hendrie. His press interviews were hilarious but he was never going to win friends amongst journalists. And Alex Smith had one of the dullest most monotone voices stuttering through every media interview yet he's the legend that delivered the only Scottish Cup success in my lifetime. And whilst Fergie often used the press making friends with journalists was never his top priority during his career either. 

Tony Fitzpatrick was great on the radio - shite as a manager though. John Coughlin was a nice guy, open and honest with those who'd interview him - clueless as a football manager. Ian Murray, Alex Rae, both good value in an interview and comfortable with a mic - shite in the dressing room. 

I'd much rather have a gruff grumpy bastard who can get a football team playing, than some slick greasy gaffer who knows all the right cliches. 

Jim Clunie was everything you said and a great manager. Wish I could answer the question why Stu but it just seems to have developed that way. Maybe someone else can say why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
We can look at things how we choose to. In Ross's first season he almost relegated us, we survived by a goal. Now if you choose to call that successful and ignore the string of losses, poor performances, dud signings etc  he presided over thats your choice. He took us down to darker places before this winning season. Its right to judge people on their overall performance.
as a side note their are supporters of a number of championship clubs who feel Ross basically bought the title, and when player wages are recorded in the next accounts I am sure we will be the either top or second biggest spenders for this seadon gone.
people like you actually asking like a spoiled child for people with differing opinions to be banned really sums you up to a tee. 


Dundee United will have spent the most, by a huge margin, IMO.

I would also hazard a guess that Falkirk were the next biggest spenders.

I reckon we would have been the 3rd biggest spenders.

As Falkirk were out of the picture, Dundee United were shit and we had the best player, Lewis Morgan, then I would say that winning the Championship was expected. If we’d finished behind Livingston then it would have been a failure IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The abusers list is long. 
 
Poz. Drew, Bazil85, DougJamie and many more. 
All condoned by Div. 


Pozbaird appears to have disappeared after his latest racist comment.

Hopefully for good.

He was the most odious poster on the forum by a wide margin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, zico said:

 


Pozbaird appears to have disappeared after his latest racist comment.

Hopefully for good.

He was the most odious poster on the forum by a wide margin.

 

No doubt about it.

That's twice he's fecked off in the huff after being pulled up for disgracing the Forum.

Unfortunately, along with a few other abusers, he is untouchable where the Mods are concerned .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...