Jack Ross has spoken to ............

Lord Pityme

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Ricky smfc will whine and plead but will end up with £50k and be looking for a new manager by close of play, weekend at the latest when Ross is back to sign on the dotted line at the SoL. Done deal,

I hope they have already been looking LPM. Legal stuff for the rest. That will run its course. 

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I hope they have already been looking LPM. Legal stuff for the rest. That will run its course. 

What legal stuff? Sunderland themselves havent named Ross, but they had 'notional conversations" with him last week when they werent the owners, couldnt offer him the job, found out the compo figure and ballpark expectations of Ross. All in an above board way.

today they have simply said 'they know who they want, and will tie it up in the next 24 hours'... so i expect Scott is counting the £50k out as we type! Hey maybe that means he wont rifle that £50k out of the Smisa ringfenced funds? Ach maybe no?

I expect Davis and Reilly to be among Ross's new signings, and possibly Liam Smith from Hertz, Mallen and given his bro-mance with Rodgers, if Morgan doesnt crack the first team squad by September, he'll probably get him on loan too. I can see Cammy Smith being tempted away too.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

What legal stuff? Sunderland themselves havent named Ross, but they had 'notional conversations" with him last week when they werent the owners, couldnt offer him the job, found out the compo figure and ballpark expectations of Ross. All in an above board way.

today they have simply said 'they know who they want, and will tie it up in the next 24 hours'... so i expect Scott is counting the £50k out as we type! Hey maybe that means he wont rifle that £50k out of the Smisa ringfenced funds? Ach maybe no?

I expect Davis and Reilly to be among Ross's new signings, and possibly Liam Smith from Hertz, Mallen and given his bro-mance with Rodgers, if Morgan doesnt crack the first team squad by September, he'll probably get him on loan too. I can see Cammy Smith being tempted away too.

So u tell me why would they except £50.000 when £300.000 was agreed with Ipswich 

29 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

LPM. You are a hard man to agree with. 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Now perhaps some posters will accept Ross has had the board tied round his little finger getting them to give him  a shocking compo clause of £50k..... yet another piss poor return on investment.

that said looking forward to a few games at the SoL next season, I wonder if all those posters who were going to take in Ipswich games will be heading to Sunderland as well..?

ok.. who's up next for a shitty contract (for the club)  to become manager?

Or another way to put it 'Jack Ross has been able to comand what he deserves for being a successful manager, that saved us from L1 football one season, then got us to the SP the 2nd. Him and his agent neogtiating a pitiful £50k release clause is a slight on whoever signed-off on the deal and not on Jack Ross in any way, shape or form' 

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Did Sammy do something inapproriate to you on the pitch after the Livi game or something? :lol: 

What's the Livi game got to do with anything.? 

He has always been a poor goalkeeper. 

And he should not be anywhere near our first team. 

He has been dreadful this season. Lucky he had an iron curtain defence in front of him.

1 minute ago, shull said:

He has been dreadful this season. Lucky he had an iron curtain defence in front of him.

Iron curtain defence. Love it!

15 minutes ago, shull said:

Oh aye dreadful. He got in the team of the week a good few times, made some massive saves (a few were absolutely world class) and broke a record. But it was all down to the defenders, we didn't even need a goalkeeper. :lol:

I forgot you knew better than the MOTY, his staff and 99% of St Mirren fans :rolleyes:

The manager that got us promoted should of been sacked for offering a player a new contract, top trolling Shull. Have to say, back to your best. 

56 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Or another way to put it 'Jack Ross has been able to comand what he deserves for being a successful manager, that saved us from L1 football one season, then got us to the SP the 2nd. Him and his agent neogtiating a pitiful £50k release clause is a slight on whoever signed-off on the deal and not on Jack Ross in any way, shape or form' 

BINGO..!

i knew we would agree on something one day, however... it was more than a reasonable man could hope for i suppose that we would both see it.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

BINGO..!

i knew we would agree on something one day, however... it was more than a reasonable man could hope for i suppose that we would both see it.

Yes, I'm looking out for pigs flying currently. Not confirmed the £50k is accurate yet but if it is, whoever signed off on that deal needs training, disciplined or sacked...

Or possibly all of the above. 

Fair play to Jack Ross and his agent for getting that gem of a deal if it turns out to be true. Big payrise for four months then offski for a nominal amount. The mind boggles. (again assuming it's correct) 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Yes, I'm looking out for pigs flying currently. Not confirmed the £50k is accurate yet but if it is, whoever signed off on that deal needs training, disciplined or sacked...

Or possibly all of the above. 

Fair play to Jack Ross and his agent for getting that gem of a deal if it turns out to be true. Big payrise for four months then offski for a nominal amount. The mind boggles. (again assuming it's correct) 

Logic would point to it being true as it will have been based on 6-12 months of basic Salary.  So if Ross was on at his third pay rise £50 - £100k then its probably six months worth of that....

in reality, what manager feeling he is/will be in demand would agree a compo clause for several times annual basic? It would put off suitors, and wouldnt be a realistic level of compo against the cost of replacing someone on the same wages. T.I.S. This Is St Mirren, we are well known as a club to get a goid deal out of for transfers etc...

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Thats scraping the bottom of the 'crumb of comfort' barrel... but as Sheryl Crow says..'if it makes you happy..."

Not happy ,just honest. As for the current situation, we'll move on when a decision is made. 

Personally, like what seems on here one of the few realists, I accepted after the Barnsley debacle Ross would be off this summer, so no great surprise, or indeed surprise as to where as I had suggested to all my Sunderland supporting in-laws he wouldnt be a bad shout for League One.

what is still surprising is the amount of posters who think these situations are all normally done by following some sort of Marquis of Queensberry rule book! Its business, its dirty, fast and the decision makers get their man, the procrastinators get somebody else. How many managers can we all quote that a club have been done for by the authorities for them tapping up??? 

The other staggering thing is the level of compo some people believed we would get for someone on say £50-75k basic a year??? Who on earth would agree to it being more than one years salary, if the manager in question even had a year left on his contract? Figures of £300k etc just arent realistic. Next moves will be interesting, will our board be able to move as swiftly as Sunderland have in a matter of days and give the new manager as much time as possible to prepare for the new season?