Jim Kellermann Signs

19 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I do not think so. Reckon we will lose money due to lack of appearances.

There is a sell on clause - I'd have been amazed if we hadn't included one. It's how smaller clubs like ours factor in a bit of extra income.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

He will now be playing at league 1. Level in England now according to there fans anyone agree. 

On average, that's probably about right. Many Premiership players could get a game at a higher level than league one, but many couldn't.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Hibs want Mallan. Probably as a replacement for John. Pity as I would love to see him back in the stripes.

I can't see Mallan going right now. Barnsley don't even have a manager in yet, they won't loan out any potential first teamers until they have their new boss. Add in that the loanees have returned to their clubs, Adam Hammill released, I think it's a non-starter until the new boss has been in for a couple of weeks. No reason why Mallan can't get a game in League One there.

There is a sell on clause - I'd have been amazed if we hadn't included one. It's how smaller clubs like ours factor in a bit of extra income.

Selll on clauses are usually based on profit ie in this case anything above what we got for him. Doubt Hibs wll pay Barnsley more than what we got.

Good piece here by a fan on Kellerman, written at the start of the season just gone. 

He sounds like what we need - good on the ball, mobile, and a bit of a cynical streak. He had to work for his place at Aldershot, and he went on to have a great 2017/18 season. He's moving from Hampshire to Scotland to make this happen, which shows a bit of desire, too.

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-wolves-man-only-needs-13676827

I've got a good feeling about this signing.

12 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

That goal had shades of a trademarked Andy Dorman run from deep, like this one against the former Rangers.

That's the first thought I had when I saw the run from deep too, would be delighted with that. Also noted elsewhere that there is an aggressive side to his game too, so it sound like we are getting a hybrid of Dorman and Thomson (midfielder without the "p"). Only bit that worried me was around shoulder dislocation as we got stung by that on Josh Todd recently.

46 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Selll on clauses are usually based on profit ie in this case anything above what we got for him. Doubt Hibs wll pay Barnsley more than what we got.

They're actually almost always based on the sell on fee - the Kenny McLean one was the first I've ever heard of where it was based on the profit. Take Van Dijk to Liverpool for £75m - Celtic widely acknowledged to have got £7.5m from that deal.

4 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Well, if he initially went for £13m then whoever told me that, and it was a Celtic fan, must have been talking shite (or just have been shit at arithmetic) - or maybe I misheard.  The point they were trying to make to me was that they were receiving 10% of the difference, i.e. 10% of £(75-13)m, or £6.2m in that case.

Apparently, according to Google, there are two different types of sell-on clause, % of sell-on fee and % of sell-on profit.

Widely reported as being 10% of the fee recieved by Southampton. As I said, I've only ever seen one deal where it was the profit that the percentage was calculated on and that was our deal for Kenny McLean. Maybe the Celtic fan had more detailed info on the terms of the sale to Southampton but all papers went with £7.5m as the sell on fee to Celtic. 

• 2 weeks later...

Working in London this week and one of my colleagues is a Leyton Orient fan. Unsolicited by me, he said "Your team have signed a really good player in Kellerman".

Said he's seen him play for Aldershot a few times and was very impressed with him. Described him as a "flair player". I'm hoping that doesnae just mean he sells carpets in his spare time.

• 2 months later...

A victim of circumstance.

Must have gone from one emotional extreme to the other on signing for us, then hearing that the manager who signed him had f**ked off a couple of days later.

I thought he showed more promise than King.

Doubt that he'll be back at the club.

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Must have gone from one emotional extreme to the other on signing for us, then hearing that the manager who signed him had f**ked off a couple of days later.

Hard to properly judge either JK or King given how little game time they've had. 

I'm all for Stubbs clearing the decks if it means the last few pieces of the jigsaw are going to be a step up in quality. Here's hoping. 

8 minutes ago, munoz said:

Hard to properly judge either JK or King given how little game time they've had. 

I'm all for Stubbs clearing the decks if it means the last few pieces of the jigsaw are going to be a step up in quality. Here's hoping. 

Kellermann looked good against Dumbarton. Definitely a bit of talent there. 

King on the other hand, I don't think is cut out for our level at all. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Kellermann looked good against Dumbarton. Definitely a bit of talent there. 

King on the other hand, I don't think is cut out for our level at 

Going by Kings lack of game time, this appears to be the case.  

JK was ok against Dumbarton.

42 minutes ago, FTOF said:

My memory of him will be a 90 min sub against Dundee. As you said, I don't think he will be back next season.

36 minutes ago, munoz said:

From what ive seen of King, he is well out of his depth.  Would struggle to cross the road imo.

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

From what ive seen of King, he is well out of his depth.  Would struggle to cross the road imo.

This might be the case, but I don't like to judge players on a couple of appearances. Surely all players deserve a bit of time, and then if they're not up to the required level the Manager will act.