So Farewell then.................Clint Walker

I'm an unashamed lover of western movies and the TV western series too. Clint Walker was Cheyenne Bodie in the TV western of that name and was a big favourite of mine back in the late 50's. We only got our first TV in 1957 and Cheyenne was in it's heyday then.

A friend of mine over here in Bangor was named Clint after Clint Walker and most people always assumed he had been named after Clint Eastwood. Understandable, I suppose. 

My good friend died last month at 60 years of age. He was a great guy. Unfortunately, he was a victim of the Kincora scandal over here and it very badly affected his life. The government over here finally agreed to pay compensation to the victims but then the whole bastard lot of them went on strike and everything came to a halt. Clint could have had a ball during his last 18 months but he got zilch. Our MP's are still not talking.

Clint was a fanatical Pink Floyd fan and at his Humanist funeral service the last song was Shine On You Crazy Diamond. There wasn't a dry eye in the house.