New Manager Latest Odds

He's not everyone choice but i'd go for Hopkins if he was interested , after watching Livi in the play offs , it wasn't pretty but it got results and in the Premiership we will need to be able to grind them out.

I agree could be what’s needed in the premiership first season back . Otherwise for me Neilson or Goodwin. Lambert wouldn’t come and we couldn’t afford him

Unbelievably, it does look like Jack has managed to secure a plumb job despite having achieved very little in the scheme of things compared to other candidates such as Neil Lennon so we move on.
Whoever we get, we need someone who actually wants to stay here and build something. We pwe Jack a lot for giving us our club back but he has been wanting away since virtually the day he walked into the office,
Hopkin has been quoted as saying he won't sign for more than one year no matter where he goes so that doesn't look like an option.
If we can attract a Neilson or a Pressley that would be fantastic I think.

We already have an Elvis that’s enough [emoji6]

51 minutes ago, Hendo said:

If it's Hopkin I'm assuming he'd bring his drug dealing assistant, and possibly some of his thuggish, on the register players with him? 

I would hope, as a family club, that doesn't come to pass. 

Hendo. That side of things things I don't like. 

2 hours ago, SMFC1024 said:

I’m new here...you boys love a barney ffs. Gutted re today’s news. I personally wish Jack all the best and give him a huge thank you. As for a new manager, I would take Robbie Neilson, David Hopkin first, Jim Goodwin, my heart says yes and my head says yes a little bit too.

This may not go down well with some of you but there are way worse managers out there than Jim Duffy.

Suggested this too but have been shouted down. All about opinions. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Nope.  Just an opinion.  But for the sake of argument.. Why not at least consider him? 

On what grounds should he be considered, as I said he was overseeing a club who collapsed from a challenging position in the league below twice in successive years. He is on a downward spiral not a man on the up. He would also kill stone dead your ST uptake drive !!!

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

On what grounds should he be considered, as I said he was overseeing a club who collapsed from a challenging position in the league below twice in successive years. He is on a downward spiral not a man on the up. He would also kill stone dead your ST uptake drive !!!

Listening to a Robbie Neilson interview would do the same..... :snore

In my slowest voice, Roooobbbbbiiee Neeeeiiilllson is a veerrrrryy iinterseeeting indiviiiiduuual whoo  mmmakkkkes Craiggggg Levvvvien sooooounnnd vvvverrrry verrrry innnnterrrsting so would be a great choice, also bombed big time at MK Dons a made up club similar to Livingston.  David Hopkin FFS are you serious the ball would come back down wi snow on it with every attack. Danny Lennon also mentioned  nooooooooooo, may as well get Tommy Craig in just for a laugh. Jim Goodwin zero experience so another no.

Who the hell associated us with Jim Duffy a definite no from me. The board really have their work cut out given the timescale with pre season training etc. Something I haven't seen mention is how our players will react to all this, Steohen McGinn  amongst others thought very highly of Jack Ross, wonder how many Saints players will be enticed to Sunderland, wi Aye man.

A bloody mess at present, thanks Jack. In fact take Jack Baird and Danny Mullan tae Sunderland I'll even drive them there for you.

25 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

He is a pretty experienced old hand in the game.  His Morton connection doesn't help, I know and yes,  I remember the betting  slips day out at Greenville. 

But..... I get your drift and that of others... Not a popular suggestion. 

So..... No Hopkin because of his side kick.  No Duffy because... Well because. 

That leaves Neilson.....ok by me.  Not the greatest PR guy but did a good job at Hearts. 

In my slowest voice, Roooobbbbbiiee Neeeeiiilllson is a veerrrrryy iinterseeeting indiviiiiduuual whoo  mmmakkkkes Craiggggg Levvvvien sooooounnnd vvvverrrry verrrry innnnterrrsting so would be a great choice, also bombed big time at MK Dons a made up club similar to Livingston.  David Hopkin FFS are you serious the ball would come back down wi snow on it with every attack. Danny Lennon also mentioned  nooooooooooo, may as well get Tommy Craig in just for a laugh. Jim Goodwin zero experience so another no.
Who the hell associated us with Jim Duffy a definite no from me. The board really have their work cut out given the timescale with pre season training etc. Something I haven't seen mention is how our players will react to all this, Steohen McGinn  amongst others thought very highly of Jack Ross, wonder how many Saints players will be enticed to Sunderland, wi Aye man.
A bloody mess at present, thanks Jack. In fact take Jack Baird and Danny Mullan tae Sunderland I'll even drive them there for you.

Who would be your top 3 then ?

Enlighten us !

Far too difficult to say, possibly Paul Lambert (although unlikely),  Steve Clark  (although would he leave Killie)  and  knowing the usual ambitious Saints board more likely to be Jim McIntyre.

I'm afraid there aren't too many available managers out there I would choose from, just hope Thistle don't sack Alan Archilbald  or Paisley may be his next stop !!!

24 minutes ago, alshboy said:

Zero, none are good enough. Wouldn't suprise me though is Jack Ross took McAllister from Derby.