New Manager Latest Odds

Totally agree
What is " not ready" We are St Mirren not Sevco. Jim has managed a team to success going against some Full time teams,
Look whoever is appointed I will support, but McIntyre, Neilson are presently not working. Total left field, but I bet Danny and Gus apply ....................  I would take Danny over Jim Mc and Robbie, but I have faith in GS, and he now has a blueprint with Jack, and I think Goody is the closest match to that
is that the manager of CLYDE. he must have been head hunted for that gig. GOODY for me. But Neilson would be a good choice as well.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Aye, most likely.

Bigger clubs dahn saaf have the resources to maintain coaching teams, and Jack will see a place for his No 2 down there, no question.

Worryingly, he might also see a place for a few of our better players (thinking Magennis and Smith as the obvious candidates).

I could see the board selling Smith if a half decent offer came in as he's got a year left on his contract. Magennis would take a silly offer to shift him as more than a year left on and Jack did nothing but talk him up

55 minutes ago, Danny said:

Earlier this week David Hopkin turned  move to Carlisle Now it seems he hasn't committed to Livingston who "hope he'll stay" https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44238473

Expecting an offer from a club due to lose its manager?

In one way I'd find it strange to jump ship from Livi to us as we've gone up together and are likely to compete against each other for position in the league. It's not a step up compared to Hibs, Aberdeen or Motherwell would be. Granted we could probably offer a better salary  but could Livi match that to keep their man if it happened? I'd imagine he'd rather stay at Livi unless it was a much better offer in salary.

11 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

In one way I'd find it strange to jump ship from Livi to us as we've gone up together and are likely to compete against each other for position in the league. It's not a step up compared to Hibs, Aberdeen or Motherwell would be. Granted we could probably offer a better salary  but could Livi match that to keep their man if it happened? I'd imagine he'd rather stay at Livi unless it was a much better offer in salary.

As stated by someone else, word is he's going to Morton.

4 minutes ago, Soctty said:

As stated by someone else, word is he's going to Morton.

Is that official? I really cannot see him, having won promotion to the SPL, drop back down a league to a club who will be 7th or 8th favourite to win the league. Granted he's pulled it off with Livi, but why achieve that then drop down to Morton?

6 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Is that official? I really cannot see him, having won promotion to the SPL, drop back down a league to a club who will be 7th or 8th favourite to win the league. Granted he's pulled it off with Livi, but why achieve that then drop down to Morton?

Strong rumours emanating from both camps. He's a Morton man, which may or may not cloud his judgement.

26 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Morton fan , new owners coming or are they in they do have cash though Morton have over a million debt.

9 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

If he's a Morton man then it makes sense, no other reason adds up. But surely that rules out leaving Livi for us.

He is a Morton man, but we've had ex Morton men playing and scoring for us before, and captaining title winning teams. Like I said, this is only a rumour. 

14 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

If he's a Morton man then it makes sense, no other reason adds up. But surely that rules out leaving Livi for us.

Lives in Kilmacolm. Expect the debt to be wiped out through shares for debt swap. 

31 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Apparently meetin the Livi BoD tomorrow.

Morton - favourite son, ex-player, ex-coach, fan, third largest shareholder but can he rely on Yenitit, ICT & Falkirk underperforming again next season?

Livi - Top flight but still in debt (700k), hardcore fanbase of 700. It's gonna be a real struggle for them next season. 

Obviously a bit mischievous but I'd love to pinch Hopkin & the timing is just about right for a gazumping!

David-Hopkin.jpgWhere's the beef?

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Apparently meetin the Livi BoD tomorrow.

Morton - favourite son, ex-player, ex-coach, fan, third largest shareholder but can he rely on Yenitit, ICT & Falkirk underperforming again next season?

Livi - Top flight but still in debt (700k), hardcore fanbase of 700. It's gonna be a real struggle for them next season. 

Obviously a bit mischievous but I'd love to pinch Hopkin & the timing is just about right for a gazumping!

David-Hopkin.jpgWhere's the beef?

Knew I'd read somewhere about his shareholding but couldn't remember where. That's the other reason...