New Manager Latest Odds

3 hours ago, Sonny said:

Hopkin would be crazy to stay at Livi if he gets a decent offer elsewhere. He has been brilliant but has massively overachieved. And it will be downhill in the Premiership with them as they have only 700 fans; are in debt; and most of the squad are out of contract. His stock his high - time to move on.

Hopkin supposedly knocked back Carlisle , word is he is Morton's top choice but I think he is the guy for us IMO.

4 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Well of all the managers mentioned Billy Davies is streets ahead. He is a stronger manager than Jack Ross currently is and is proven at the top level with multiple clubs.

We offered the job to him 18 months ago and Hearts would have too if he hadn't in effect told Levein he'd be surplus to requirements.

Davies would do the job that Clarke has done for Kilmarnock. His record in management is way stronger than Clark's also.

So if you prefer a flop like Neilson so be it but doesn't come close to Davies on any measure

No i dont think i can make it any clearer  JIM GOODWIN. Even his name suggests success

In my slowest voice, Roooobbbbbiiee Neeeeiiilllson is a veerrrrryy iinterseeeting indiviiiiduuual whoo  mmmakkkkes Craiggggg Levvvvien sooooounnnd vvvverrrry verrrry innnnterrrsting so would be a great choice, also bombed big time at MK Dons a made up club similar to Livingston.  David Hopkin FFS are you serious the ball would come back down wi snow on it with every attack. Danny Lennon also mentioned  nooooooooooo, may as well get Tommy Craig in just for a laugh. Jim Goodwin zero experience so another no.

Who the hell associated us with Jim Duffy a definite no from me. The board really have their work cut out given the timescale with pre season training etc. Something I haven't seen mention is how our players will react to all this, Steohen McGinn  amongst others thought very highly of Jack Ross, wonder how many Saints players will be enticed to Sunderland, wi Aye man.

A bloody mess at present, thanks Jack. In fact take Jack Baird and Danny Mullan tae Sunderland I'll even drive them there for you.

74 posts so far and every one a f**king whopper. Your on a roll fella.

[emoji1]

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Ranking in order of the Record's candidates - for me anyway:

Neilson

Stubbs

McIntyre

Goodwin

Hopkin

Lennon

Murty

The press seem to have McIntyre as the front runner his CV does make good reading . Not one to jump out at me at first that is changing now.

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

He is the third largest share holder in Morton

He is Morton daft

Looks like he is going to Morton hope that helps

I know all that , also says he's the fifth largest shareholder somewhere , But lets look at the obvious ……

a. Morton are a basket case with a shity fanbase.

b, The "Stadium" is a shite hole.

c. If the Easdales are going to be major shareholders then sooner or later Morton  will get raided by the Polis due to proceeds of crime.

10 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I know all that , also says he's the fifth largest shareholder somewhere , But lets look at the obvious ……

c. If the Easdales are going to be major shareholders then sooner or later Morton  will get raided by the Polis due to proceeds of crime.

What proceeds in crime ? They run a successful bus company and pay their drivers well. I spoke to a business man who is friends with them. He told me them being a crime family was a lot of utter nonsense. Now I dont' know them only going on what I heard. What do you know that they are part of the crime world. 

16 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

What proceeds in crime ? They run a successful bus company and pay their drivers well. I spoke to a business man who is friends with them. He told me them being a crime family was a lot of utter nonsense. Now I dont' know them only going on what I heard. What do you know that they are part of the crime world. 

You got to be going for a "Whoosh" but not biting , They know a few "Businessmen".

Edited by linwood buddie

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

"Win with Goodwin" I like it.  Great slogan. 

On that theme...... murray worry    craig   plague      ross loss   gus pus   danny janny  and finally davis mavis....... lets have a goodwin even in the sin bin

1 minute ago, Slartibartfast said:
25 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Hmm, I used to be a bus driver and still know quite a few that work for McGills. Having heard their stories, I wouldn't say that they are paid well, especially when you consider the working conditions under which they are now employed. Let's just say that, if I were ever to go back to bus driving (which is never going to happen), I wouldn't work for McGills.

What if they were to "Make an offer you can not refuse"?

54 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

b.The Easdales have bought the Industrial Estate behind the WDE.Maybe they are going to build a new stadium

PS.Then again,maybe not.

7 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
8 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Hmm, I used to be a bus driver and still know quite a few that work for McGills. Having heard their stories, I wouldn't say that they are paid well, especially when you consider the working conditions under which they are now employed. Let's just say that, if I were ever to go back to bus driving (which is never going to happen), I wouldn't work for McGills.

As I wrote I don't  know them on the back of the buses they have an add for drivers with £400 a week ? Maybe my eyes were reading it wrong. Anyway we should be discussing who Robbie Neilson will bring in or will it be former Ross County boss or maybe both. 

The last list of shareholders with Companies House from December 2015 shows David Hopkin (guessing it's the same one) has more than 40,000 shares in Morton. It's miles more than pretty much anyone else. The only exceptions are Golden Casket (Douglas Rae's company) which has 3556838 and Buchanans (probably another part of the Inverclyde Willie Wonka's empire) on 50,400. I'm surprised someone is allowed to be the manager of a club while such a substantial shareholder in another one, especially when they're in the same division - although he's found a way of solving that problem.

I see one paper claiming Hopkin is the board's contender and another is chucking Gary Caldwell's name into the mix.

12 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

As I wrote I don't  know them on the back of the buses they have an add for drivers with £400 a week ? Maybe my eyes were reading it wrong. Anyway we should be discussing who Robbie Neilson will bring in or will it be former Ross County boss or maybe both. 

Well according to today's Daily Record David Hopkin is our number 1 target, apparently he's turned down Morton, 

He wouldn't be my first choice but would rather we appoint him than be stuck with Robbie Neilson..

8 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
8 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Unfortunately, they gave you a Mic. 

Image result for bus full of sleeping passengers

2 minutes ago, scrappy coco said:

Well according to today's Daily Record David Hopkin is our number 1 target, apparently he's turned down Morton, 

He wouldn't be my first choice but would rather we appoint him than be stuck with Robbie Neilson..

Don't believe everything you read other papers have former Ross County boss as the front runner. A poster who has always been 100% reliable has Neilson getting fitted a new club jacket. The last bit is made up but you know what I mean.