New Manager Latest Odds

32 minutes ago, MotherwellSaint said:

fitzy sayinf could be 1-2 weeks before new manager announced do we have that time ? need another 8 players in 

I think we have already spoken to the man they want and that's why we are still signing players.  Who ever it is must be happy with the players we have and are bringing in so don't think we will be that far behind our prep for new season.

53 minutes ago, elvis said:

I think we have already spoken to the man they want and that's why we are still signing players.  Who ever it is must be happy with the players we have and are bringing in so don't think we will be that far behind our prep for new season.

Is this another one of your predictions. :rolleyes:

David Hopkin is St Mirren's preferred candidate to replace Jack Ross after the Livingston boss snubbed a return to Morton. The St Mirren board want the former Scotland midfielder to lead the club in the Premiership next season as they prepare for life without Ross, who is poised to become Sunderland's new manager. (Daily Record)

David-Hopkin.jpgWhere's the beef? :wub:

Edited by Bud the Baker

I don't, that's why I used the words "according" and "apparently"

As for Neilson I've nowt against the guy but he's had one gig as a manager and totally made an arse of it, as for his stint at Hearts 
its common knowledge who was running the show there from the background while he continued to collect the remainder of his 
massive salary from the SFA...

Totally disagree, if you cast your mind back to his time at Hearts his stock was as high as Ross. He’d be the obvious choice for me to continue the good work, he’ll have a point to prove as well after his experience with that shambles of a club down south.

When JR was appointed the choice was pretty limited and we were walking a tightrope, given the trajectory of the club. A crucial appointment and it worked out perfectly.

I'm fairly relaxed this time. More choice and the club are in a good place.

I think Jack will have been asked his opinion and I also reckon, once they knew a manager was needed, one of the first things that happened was Tony Fitzpatrick making a call to Paul Lambert. Unlikely but....

1 minute ago, helpmaboab said:

Why's he deserting Livi. I don't want him at SM. Wrong sort of guy for us. The antithesis of where we should be going.

Sad days ahead for SM if he gets the gig. FMD.

Probably cos they're £700k in debt and have a hardcore support of only 700.

Keeping them in the top flight will be an even greater achievement than getting them there.

2 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Probably cos they're £700k in debt and have a hardcore support of only 700.

Keeping them in the top flight will be an even greater achievement than getting them there.

and the toilets are to far from dugout.

17 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Derby County, Preston, Notts Forrest a level way above anything the Premiership in Scotland has to offer. Only Celtic are better than any of these clubs.  Of all the candidates listed he is head and shoulders above them.

Thought he allegedly frequented a different type of club.?

5 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Why's he deserting Livi. I don't want him at SM. Wrong sort of guy for us. The antithesis of where we should be going.

Sad days ahead for SM if he gets the gig. FMD.

Relax, he won't be getting it. Partly because his brand of football is the opposite of what JR had us playing, and partly because he has surrounded himself with criminals, with his assistant having been sentenced to over 6 years for drug dealing, apparently he was the sidekick of a well known Glasgow gangster. I'm all for giving people a second chance, but this wasn't a kid making a mistake, that was heavy duty stuff. 

Relax, he won't be getting it. Partly because his brand of football is the opposite of what JR had us playing, and partly because he has surrounded himself with criminals, with his assistant having been sentenced to over 6 years for drug dealing, apparently he was the sidekick of a well known Glasgow gangster. I'm all for giving people a second chance, but this wasn't a kid making a mistake, that was heavy duty stuff. 

Sounds like he would fit in well [emoji12]

3 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

Neilson from the favourites for me, but can't say any of them are hugely exciting.  Not Hopkin, don't think it would work.

Not Neilson please. One of the major reasons for our success under JR was his man-management skills. He was able to boss the place while still being highly popular the players. He had everyone in the squad right behind him and committed to giving 100% for him. Neilson is arrogant, uppity, aloof and up his own arse. He's a knob cheese who would never be capable of achieving the same level of commitment or unity from his players.

I can't deny Hopkin's success at Livingston and I would love St Mirren to have as many players of such physical stature in the squad, but the style of play he had them playing just wasn't what I want to see from St Mirren. Passing football please.

Not Neilson under any circumstances. Hopkin meh.

Neilson done a great job at Hearts. Had them playing good football. He would be the best candidate for me.

Don't want Hopkin. I can't see it working. This squad of players are used to playing (or trying to play) forward thinking, attacking football. Hopkin's style of football would be a backwards step IMO.

McIntyre wouldn't be too bad but I'm a bit concerned about the turnaround of players under him at County. He signed 49 players in 3 years. Revolving doors like that never work. Even though Coyle made an arse of it, McIntyre didn't leave them in a good state.

Neilson would be my first choice. To everyone saying it was Levein pulling the strings then not sure how they would explain the Ian Cathro disaster.

McIntyre would be really underwhelming whilst doing ok he hasn't exactly been outstanding at any of his previous clubs.

Goodwin isn't for me either, think this could be a hearts over head argument for Jim.

I would be interested to see who applies, we are a pretty attractive proposition for the first time in years. Interesting times ahead anyway

For the 1st ever I am entirely at ease and have full trust in the BoD to appoint the right man whoever that is. With them getting it spot on last time in their decision I trust.

After mourning Jack Ross leaving I am now excited to see who will be leading us back into the top division and who we will be signing.

31 minutes ago, Hendo said:

^^^^^yup^^^^^

2 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

Just to negate the "Forgotten man" thread

Anyone seen any odds for Allan McManus?

Now TT. There is a thread with that title. How could you post elsewhere?  My mind boggles. ..but it boggles easily.  Good question though.

Not only that but my info is that it’s the assistant who is really in charge.

A simple observation of the Livi bench at any game would show who was boss. Hopkin was even taking pee breaks during games.... including in the 89th minute in the first game with Patrick!