New Manager Latest Odds

3 minutes ago, zico said:

Not only that but my info is that it’s the assistant who is really in charge.

A simple observation of the Livi bench at any game would show who was boss. Hopkin was even taking pee breaks during games.... including in the 89th minute in the first game with Patrick!

Do you have a pair of binoculars by any chance. What street do you live on in case I know someone there :P

7 minutes ago, zico said:

Not only that but my info is that it’s the assistant who is really in charge.

A simple observation of the Livi bench at any game would show who was boss. Hopkin was even taking pee breaks during games.... including in the 89th minute in the first game with Patrick!

This really surprises me. I'd have thought someone with the assistant's background would be the ideal fit as Livingston manager.

For the 1st ever I am entirely at ease and have full trust in the BoD to appoint the right man whoever that is. With them getting it spot on last time in their decision I trust.

After mourning Jack Ross leaving I am now excited to see who will be leading us back into the top division and who we will be signing.

My thoughts entirely

5 minutes ago, renfrew said:
1 hour ago, helpmaboab said:
Why has he snubbed Morton? He looks like a perfect fit to replace Duffy.

My wee Morton pal said he was offered the job but he is not interested in Morton untill the board gets the debt sorted.

Will be changed in a shares for debt swap 

21 minutes ago, renfrew said:
2 hours ago, helpmaboab said:
Why has he snubbed Morton? He looks like a perfect fit to replace Duffy.

My wee Morton pal said he was offered the job but he is not interested in Morton untill the board gets the debt sorted.

I have a friend of a friend of an acquiantance of a friend of some Inverclyde scumbag who has some connection to that club.

Anyway the word amongst the junkballs is that Hopkin has shook hands with the Easdales as a promise of a new training ground and money was made.  The sticky wicket (or in Inverlyde terms - lethal dose of heroin syringe) is apparent interst from Carlisle.  Such an offer would outsrip any ill gotten gain money that the Easdales are willing to pay.

The word amongst the junkballs is that the Easdales are promising to take them to the top league, where like a sweaty rattling junkie at a womens institute afternoon tea party they will be sorely out of place (and cause embarrassment).

Anyway erm.....back to us, Neilson or Goodwin for me!

Edited by TediousTom
bawslaps

Just now, zico said:

Why would I need binoculars?

You seem to know hoppy's every move you never know maybe he likes a coke or has a week bladder which ever does it matter he got Livie promoted two seasons on the trot played at the highest level for a reason. .My first choice is Neilson but will support whoever it is even if they need a piss during a game. 

If we want to really get our priorities right, given some of the names in the frame (I’m thinking Neilson and Hopkin here) we could find ourselves going from the best looking, coolest most articulate manager in Scotland, to the ugliest, scruffiest, most incoherent khunt in Scottish football.

This is my primary concern. 

I was kind of looking forward to the ‘We’re going to have a go’ approach next season.

After all, why not ?

We’ve been defensive too many times in top league, lets have a wee go this time.

None of the names listed other than Neilson would attempt it.

The next manager may well not even be on the names quoted so far.

Should I start a thread? ......

15 minutes ago, whydowebother said:

I was kind of looking forward to the ‘We’re going to have a go’ approach next season.

After all, why not ?

We’ve been defensive too many times in top league, lets have a wee go this time.

None of the names listed other than Neilson would attempt it.

The next manager may well not even be on the names quoted so far.

Should I start a thread? ......

Yes

I was also looking forward to the flowing football approach.  That got me thinking, Tom Hendrie's team did have a wonderful flow to it.  Whats he upto these days?

Perhaps I should start a thread about it!

11 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

That puts the fear of life in me. Would love to be proved wrong ,certainly would not be surprised if it happened . 

Champions league winner, uefa cup finalist, World Cup player, ex manager of Wycombe, Norwich, Aston Villa, Blackburn, Wolves and Stoke puts the fear of life into you???

Id say Jim Goodwin would worry me more!

Having been one of the first to tip Jack Ross for the St Mirren job, based on his St Mirren connections and the fact that he was (even at that time) highly regarded by his peers in the game, I will stick my neck out and suggest that Paul Lambert could (for similar reasons) be the right man for St Mirren at this point in time.

However, the big question is would he be interested in coming back to St Mirren (and Scottish football) and could we afford what he would be looking for financially?

For several reasons I think this might have some mileage:-

• He apparently still has a house in the area
  • I would imagine he has already made enough from the game to make him comfortable for the rest of his life and perhaps the salary would not be a major hurdle
  • Despite what others say on here, he has a reasonably good record at a much higher level than us - similar to Steve Clarke at Kilmarnock
  • St Mirren gave him his start in professional football and perhaps he feels an affinity with the club (just like Jack!)
  • He would have an excellent working knowledge of the talent available in England to bring in the quality needed for living in the top six in Scotland
  • St Mirren are a club with the potential for so much more to be achieved and have good facilities to make that happen

On the other hand who else has these qualifications for the job and would not have a risk element attached for whatever reason. Even JR was not guaranteed to make a success of things next season in the Scottish Premiership.

And for good measure, I would suggest that perhaps Alan McManus should be blooded as his assistant as a possible successor for some time in the future.

Edited by northstbuddie

1 minute ago, northstbuddie said:

Having been one of the first to tip Jack Ross for the St Mirren job, based on his St Mirren connections and the fact that he was (even at that time) highly regarded by his peers in the game, I will stick my neck out and suggest that Paul Lambert could (for similar reasons) be the right man for St Mirren at this point in time.

However, the big question is would he be interested in coming back to St Mirren (and Scottish football) and could we afford what he would be looking for financially?

For several reasons I think this might have some mileage:-

• He apparently still has a house in the area
  • I would imagine he has already made enough from the game to make him comfortable for the rest of his life and perhaps the salary would not be a major hurdle
  • Despite what others say on here, he has a reasonably good record at a much higher level than us - similar to Steve Clarke at Kilmarnock
  • St Mirren gave him his start in professional football and perhaps he feels an affinity with the club (just like Jack!)
  • He would have an excellent working knowledge of the talent available in England to bring in the quality needed for living in the top six in Scotland

On the other hand who else has these qualifications for the job and would not have a risk element attached for whatever reason. Even JR was not guaranteed to make a success of things next season in the Scottish Premiership.

And for good measure, I would suggest that perhaps Alan McManus should be blooded as his assistant as a possible successor for some time in the future.

Paul Lambert, Stuart Taylor and Norrie McWhirter or

Goody and Kenny Mc Dowall

Something appealing about having former Saints players back.