New Manager Latest Odds

Yes

I was also looking forward to the flowing football approach.  That got me thinking, Tom Hendrie's team did have a wonderful flow to it.  Whats he upto these days?

Perhaps I should start a thread about it!

Back teaching in Edinburgh is Mr Hendrie

Loved that championship season & we had a good last 9 games in that relegation season.Too little too late.

I quite enjoyed beating United 2-1 on that Monday night game, the journey back to Leeds was good after that, but sadly made no difference to the final outcome

Now, about our next manager, lets have a go & keep the interaction with fans as a top priority.

You seem to know hoppy's every move you never know maybe he likes a coke or has a week bladder which ever does it matter he got Livie promoted two seasons on the trot played at the highest level for a reason

It matters cos he wasn’t in charge! He’s the acceptable cover for the guy who is really in charge at Livi.

He sits in the dugout, he does interviews. That’s his job. Someone else is the brains.

Have a feeling it may be John Kennedy (Celtic first team coach). JR has apparently been asked for advice on his own successor and given his friendship with both Kennedy and Brendan Rodgers, I believe this one may have legs. 

Also seen his odds shorten drastically over the past 24 hours.. 

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Having been one of the first to tip Jack Ross for the St Mirren job, based on his St Mirren connections and the fact that he was (even at that time) highly regarded by his peers in the game, I will stick my neck out and suggest that Paul Lambert could (for similar reasons) be the right man for St Mirren at this point in time.

However, the big question is would he be interested in coming back to St Mirren (and Scottish football) and could we afford what he would be looking for financially?

For several reasons I think this might have some mileage:-

• He apparently still has a house in the area
  • I would imagine he has already made enough from the game to make him comfortable for the rest of his life and perhaps the salary would not be a major hurdle
  • Despite what others say on here, he has a reasonably good record at a much higher level than us - similar to Steve Clarke at Kilmarnock
  • St Mirren gave him his start in professional football and perhaps he feels an affinity with the club (just like Jack!)
  • He would have an excellent working knowledge of the talent available in England to bring in the quality needed for living in the top six in Scotland
  • St Mirren are a club with the potential for so much more to be achieved and have good facilities to make that happen

On the other hand who else has these qualifications for the job and would not have a risk element attached for whatever reason. Even JR was not guaranteed to make a success of things next season in the Scottish Premiership.

And for good measure, I would suggest that perhaps Alan McManus should be blooded as his assistant as a possible successor for some time in the future.

good post I have my doubts but would give him  my full support if he got the job. 

18 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Have a feeling it may be John Kennedy (Celtic first team coach). JR has apparently been asked for advice on his own successor and given his friendship with both Kennedy and Brendan Rodgers, I believe this one may have legs. 

Interesting one. He seems to have been very highly regarded by Celtic.

Hmmmm [emoji848] not a bad call. I’d rather see Kennedy than Hopkin.
I also believe we’re a more attractive proposition for interested parties now we’re in the top division.

1 hour ago, RossCSmfc said:

I think that would be an interesting appointment. Much rather they went for a young coach, even if they have no management experience, than some of the usual suspects. 

Oddschecker has Goodie and Neilson at 4/1 then Kennedy from nowhere at 6/1. Best of the rest at 16/1. Interesting indeed.

3 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

A guy who has no experience of managing at first team level - no thanks!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Hmmmm [emoji848] not a bad call. I’d rather see Kennedy than Hopkin.

I also believe we’re a more attractive proposition for interested parties now we’re in the top division.

Aye makes sense you would rather have someone with no management experience over someone who’s just achieved a minor miracle with a team that should of been fighting relegation with their budget not promotion.????

41 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Oddschecker has Goodie and Neilson at 4/1 then Kennedy from nowhere at 6/1. Best of the rest at 16/1. Interesting indeed.

It means someone is putting money on him. You have to ask who as not many Saints fan would if any. Not because he is not suitable but a name never mentioned on the forum. I would certainly would be open to the idea he has for sure learned of the best manager in Scotland. I also think McManus deserves to be a number two. 

36 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

It means someone is putting money on him. You have to ask who as not many Saints fan would if any. Not because he is not suitable but a name never mentioned on the forum. I would certainly would be open to the idea he has for sure learned of the best manager in Scotland. I also think McManus deserves to be a number two. 

The market for this will be so so small that someone sticking a fiver on will greatly impact the odds. I wouldn’t read too much in to odds.